Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Add Faction loyalty campaigns

Aliyavana
Aliyavana
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Can we have a campaign where you are faction locked for the duration? People treat factions as ap farms and care not for their alliance as they can easily just switch to the winning side and abandon a faction like a sunked ship. Current system breeds spys who unlike the real world cannot be punished and no real faction loyalty as there is less incentive to stick with a unorganized losing faction. There is already those campaigns currently for players that are willing to faction hop and treat factions as simple opportunities to ap farm efficiently, but us players that care for faction loyalty, and sticking with one faction to the end with no filthy spys and bandwagoners to interfere would love to have a two faction lock campaigns, one for no cp and cp. Those that choose to not participate have all the curreny range of options. I might get heat for this but why not? This is a mmoRPG and faction loyalty is important for many mmo players.
Edited by Aliyavana on January 27, 2018 2:07AM
  • Kikke
    Kikke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Agreed! #MakeCyroGreatAgain
    Cleared Trials:
    - vAA HM - vHRC HM - vSO HM - vMoL HM - vHoF HM - vAS HM - vCR HM -

"The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step, and a lot of bitching."
    -Someone said it, I guess.
  • Draxys
    Draxys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    We don’t need the campaigns, but an incentive of some kind would be cool. One that’s actually desirable and encourages pvp, unlike most of the stuff they’ve done to cyrodiil lately.

rip decibel
  • Kagetenchu
    Kagetenchu
    ✭✭✭
    How about bringing back faction locked campaigns period. We used to hbave them it would be nice to have them back
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kagetenchu wrote: »
    How about bringing back faction locked campaigns period. We used to hbave them it would be nice to have them back

Some people like playing with their friends in different factions, optional faction loyalty campaigns are for those of us serious about fighting for our crown
  • Stovahkiin
    Stovahkiin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think this boat has already sailed, and if you mean add more campaigns (while still leaving the current ones) then the population would be spread even thinner.

You’d more than likely just end up with several dead campaigns after a short time
    Beware the battle cattle, but don't *fear* the battle cattle!
  • WeyounTM
    WeyounTM
    ✭✭✭✭
    This one would like to have some form of faction loyalty incentive. Special costumes or mementos or armor styles that can only be worn on a factions toon who got the respective achievement. And no, it shouldnt be easy to get...like rushing to an emp on an empty campaign.
    Maybe that would help with all the faction swapping. And while you are at it ZOS, reduce the amount of big transmutation geodes you will get at the end of the campaign to just one per account. To make up for the potential loss for those who "PvP" for geodes....give them 100 instead of 50.
    Magicka-Khajiit-Player since Beta

PC-EU Vivec Sotha Sil Campaign
    Heals-your-Paws Khajiit Magplar - Main Char - AD (sadly)

Little-Miss-Hurricane - Khajiit -Stamsorc - DC
    Saves-your-Paws - Khajiit MagDK - DC
    Lucký-Paws - Khajiit StamDK - DC
    Icy-Paws - Khajiit Magden - DC
    White-Paws - Khajiit Stamblade - DC
    Paws-of-the-Light - Khajiit Stamplar - DC
    Adusa D'aro - Khajiit Stamplar - DC
    Purrs-at-the-Moons - Khajiit Stamcro - DC
    Necrotic-Paws - Khajiit Magcro - DC
    White-Claws - Khajiit StamDK - AD
    Sticky-Paws - Khajiit Stamplar - AD
    Silent-Paws - Khajiit Magblade - AD

Hides-the-Skooma - Khajiit Stamden - EP
    Protector-of-the-Mane - Khajiit Magplar -EP
    Leaps-your-Paws - Khajiit MagDK - EP
  • Anrose
    Anrose
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How about we look at this a little differently than “ZOS, please make campaigns faction locked” because it’s pretty clear that’s a direction they’ve moved away from.

Instead, how about we add a special reward tier if your account has only logged into Cyrodiil on the same faction in any given campaign for its duration?

We’ll use Vivec as the example. If you log into Cyrodiil Vivec only on your AD toon(s) during the 30 day period, you’ll automatically gain a new tier of rewards (something that needs to be worth it otherwise what’s the incentive). But if you log into the Vivec campaign with your EP or DC toons during the campaign period, you automatically forfeit this new tier while still retaining all possible rewards we currently have

Supposing the rewards tier is worth it, this will incentivize faction loyalty while still allowing everyone to play where/how/with whom they want.
  • Hiro_Kintsugi
    Hiro_Kintsugi
    ✭✭
    I think it would be really fun for folks who enjoy PVP to have some faction locked areas but if that is something ZOS is moving away from I would like to see faction loyalty rewards or at least a huge penalty for bringing in a toon to a campaign in PVP that is not the same faction as the one you started with until it ends. Your faction in PVP should be soft locked at least.
    Bosmer Wolfrider
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So is OP ok with having a campaign that is not very active?

It has been the case that the bulk of players go to the active campaigns. Having a campaign that is faction lock will probably draw the very small crowd that seems to want this and forgets how it was not very good to begin with. However, the campaign itself would likely be significantly less active.

Remember, faction lock was changed for a reason and no one has provided a substantiated or substantial reason why it is an issue.
  • Zbigb4life
    Zbigb4life
    ✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »

It has been the case that the bulk of players go to the active campaigns. Having a campaign that is faction lock will probably draw the very small crowd that seems to want this and forgets how it was not very good to begin with. However, the campaign itself would likely be significantly less active.

Remember, faction lock was changed for a reason and no one has provided a substantiated or substantial reason why it is an issue.

Faction lock was changed because there were too few players playing in Cyrodill. This was only because ZOS screws the balance over and over again and they still cannot fix the lag.
    Same thing with 'One Tamriel'. It was not introduced because of the reasons ZOS claims but just because these zones were almost deserts with no other player in it.
  • Datthaw
    Datthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There just isn't the population imo. I mean Shor only gets pop from a few diehards and overflow from vivec, or those tjay leave vovec because lag. You fix lag alot of those people have no reason to leave vivec. And people play where the action is
  • AnviOfVai
    AnviOfVai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »

latest?cb=20121224184747
    "I appear at my lord's behest, or perhaps I was always here, and you merely lacked the ability to see me."

PS4 - EU

AD - Pet Sorcerer - Damage Dealer - 160
    DC - Warden - Werewolf - in - progress - 160
    DC - Templar - Tank - 160
    DC - Sorcerer - Damage Dealer - in - progress
    EP - Dragon Knight -Fire Tank - 160
    EP - Nightblade - Damage Dealer - 160

• A_G_G_R_O
    A_G_G_R_O
    ✭✭✭✭
    As a loyal AD main I approve of this.
  • Azurya
    Azurya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As a loyal DC main and 8 twinks I approve as well!
    and pls give us an allaince-change-token, so I can get my 2 other twinks (made in the early days of the game, as it wasn´t clear that you would have the posibility to travel with your first toon all over the map) home to Daggerfall at last!

• BaylorCorvette
    BaylorCorvette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I support this.
    Supreme Leader Corvette - StamSorc
    Founder of Dominion Special Forces
    YouTube - ESO & Automotive Racing
    DC Zerg Busting
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As a minimum good idea. But really it dilutes population, all campaigns should be locked, either for duration ot for a window say 24-48hrs
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Drdeath20
    Drdeath20
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hahaha the gitguds dont want competition. They want EZ mode. Group up and crush every solo and noob in cyrodil until the campaign dies off. I love the idea of campaign loyalty but lets face it, until the try hards start fighting each other it will very quickly be a dead campaign.