Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

In need of some advice on build

sittinhere
sittinhere
✭✭
Hello all,

Firstly I am on Xbox/na to get that out of the way. My Templar has been 50 for a few weeks but recently upgraded the armor (previous armor was servely outdated). Unbuffed im sitting at 9800 mag, 12000 hp(once I get the finial pieces of jewelry be about 14k) and 24ishk stam. Is that about right for being unbuffed? Also, not factoring in on getting weapons.

My build is focused around dw/bow, 2h brawler for aoe farming. There any benefit besides rally for pvp? Currently running 5 hundings, 2 nmg, 2werewolf hide rings, and rest fillin till I can acquire the rest. Anyone have thoughts on the 5pc seventh legion set?
  • Gulkrim-mur
    Gulkrim-mur
    ✭✭✭
    Well as Stan you should minimize at least 30k Stam and that's still low, and no rally isn't so useful in pve. Your weapon and spell damage buff should be recived by your party most commonly a dk tank.

Don't forget to use blade cloak a lot of dungeon and trial moves count as aoe it will help you especially since Stam lacks shielding. They are more difficult to play in harder content when inexperienced.
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alcast has good guides...his stamplar dps build is located here: https://alcasthq.com/eso-stamina-templar-build-pve/

I think his stats are a good guideline for knowing what a maxed out character looks like. Keep in mind you won’t...amd don’t need to be...running near that high. His 5300 weapon damage is insane, lol. But that offers an idea of where a top line character is.

Dw/bow works great. Your main challenge will be getting major brutality...but for the pve you’re describing, I usually slot shrouded daggers over potion popping. It’s a great ability for questing, farming, grinding, etc.

Seventh legion is a decent set, but leans a little bit more toward tanks. With repentance and vigor you probably won’t need the heals. You probably also don’t need any heavy armor until you get into vet end game content. I can’t find numbers on it...the 500 weapon damage procs for five seconds, I wonder how much uptime you get on that. Generally, right now Hundings and Spriggans are considered to outperform Seventh Legion. However, I’m betting the performance of Seventh is within like 2% of the Meta sets, so if you have access to it I’m sure your stamplar will do fine with it.

You probably don’t need to worry too much about armor until you hit cp160. When you get there you can invest a bit more in armor. Purple on the gear...when you can afford it gold weapons will really boost your power. I advise putting the Hundings on your weapon slots...it’s a set that really sticks around, so it’s worth upgrading to gold.

• LeagueTroll
    LeagueTroll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Food?
  • Yakidafi
    Yakidafi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    First of, play as you want to and feel like.
    that's still low, and no rally isn't so useful in pve. Your weapon and spell damage buff should be recived by your party most commonly a dk tank.
    That is if you run in an organized trial group, maybe. Any other situation i would say self maintaining major brutality for a stam player is the go via skill or potion.

If you want to run vr dungeons you should get your health to 18k maybe more depending on how good you are at surviving , by eating food buff or by items. Food is generally better in pve and drink for pvp.

If you want to pvp I would say 2h is better then dw for beginner since that is pretty much the only heal for you. Although you will unlock vigor pretty fast now.

I would advice not to buy armour before cp160 other then if you want it in training trait.

Maybe try to find a set with stamina recovery on it? Instead of werewolf hide.
    Moons and sands shall be your guide and path.
    PC EU/NA
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do you have Glyphs on your gear?
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• sittinhere
    sittinhere
    ✭✭
    No food as of yet, looking into to see which is the best. Mainly will be doing pvp. Using diving/infused trait and stam glyphs.
  • Yakidafi
    Yakidafi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @sittinhere for pvp I would take (depending on the build) impen/wellfitted/sturdy, divine and infused I would only pick on a sorc with shields.

Also if you go pvp I would definetly pick a sustain set. Unless I feel like I can kill before I run out of resources, which will be hard in most cases :)
    Moons and sands shall be your guide and path.
    PC EU/NA