The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Port Forwarding & Cyrodil

xeNNNNN
xeNNNNN
✭✭✭✭✭
Hey guys,

Quick question regarding port forwarding and for those of you who have done it.

Has it helped?

I am fully aware of the problems with the servers and code but I want too try and minimize as much lag as I can, frankly I am getting tired of not being able too ult.

I really wish I didnt have to consider this, I mean my connection is good;

7002498269.png

But doing this opens a back door too my hub :/ so its kinda a last resort on my end of things.
Anyway if any of you have done it and have a decent connection as well, knowing if its helped or not would be great.
Ah, e-communities - the "pinnacle" of the internet............yeah, right.
  • Caleb_Kadesh
    Caleb_Kadesh
    ✭✭✭
    What platform are you playing on?
  • Sanctum74
    Sanctum74
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    For the first 2 weeks after it seemed like it was working better, but soon after all the performance and lag issues all came back. Each patch has just made it worse since then. I wish there was something we could do on our end, but unfortunately until they put some serious effort into their code and servers it's just going to keep getting worse as they add new content.
  • xeNNNNN
    xeNNNNN
    ✭✭✭✭✭

PC
  • Caleb_Kadesh
    Caleb_Kadesh
    ✭✭✭
    xeNNNNN wrote: »

PC

I am assuming that you are trying to improve the lag and long loading screens. There is nothing there that Port Forwarding will fix.
  • xeNNNNN
    xeNNNNN
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    xeNNNNN wrote: »

PC

I am assuming that you are trying to improve the lag and long loading screens. There is nothing there that Port Forwarding will fix.

Fair enough, I was just curious. No point doing it then.

So tired of playing primetime where I cant even ult. I might as well be standing in a map wide negate.
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also, port triggering is better than port forwarding if you were to try anything.