Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!

Deconstruction question

Earelith
Earelith
✭✭✭
Hello all. I made an alt and wanna level enchanting on him. My alt is just level 20 but I have used gold from main and bought hundreds of glyphs from guild merchants to skill up the enchanting. All these glyphs are 160cp glyphs.

Question is, I do not get materials from decon for now (level 20 enchanting currently but have a lot more to decon). If I put skill points into Potency Improvement and raise it to somewhere like 7/10, will I have more chance to get runes from decon high level glyphs? Of course I also have put skills on rune extraction.

In general, what matters for Deconstruction item returns?

1) Player level?
2) Crafting Level?
3) Skill points in crafting that let you use recipes of higher level?

Thanks in Advance
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sure...let’s help you level BETTER FASTER STRONGER...WOOP WOOP WOOP...LEVEL POWER!!!

First, people will tell you not to deconstruct glyphs you make because the xp will stink. That’s only partially true -glyphs are tagged by character, not account. So you can make glyphs with one character, bank them and deconstruct them with another for full xp. You can level two alts simultaneously this way.

So, to get more runes:

- the runestone extraction passive is the most important. It moves the chance of extracting any given rune up to about 20%.

- extraction is also linked to having the ability to use a rune. For purple/square runes this is driven by points allocated in your first passive. As you level this, you can pull higher-level runes from glyphs. (These runes are cheap at enchanter npcs, so it’s not that imperative to pull them). For round quality runes, it’s the aspect passive.

- there. Ignite also be a hidden number ties to your overall enchanting level that affect extraction. This has been often debated but never verified conclusively.

To level enchanting on a new character, I usually have my main enchanter make pile of blue denata glyphs and burn through those. Often I get bored and also burn ~100 rekutas making purples.
  • Earelith
    Earelith
    ✭✭✭
    @davey1107 Thanks a lot for the info! another question I have is: I have not created a single glyph so far.. I heard that it is better to do this for 45-50... thing is does it matter if I "discover" a glyph as white/green/blue? What is best to do? Should I use my Denata there for more XP? or it doesn't matter?
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Edited by DoctorESO on September 23, 2018 1:22AM
  • Earelith
    Earelith
    ✭✭✭
    DoctorESO wrote: »
    Items with the "intricate" trait will help you very much. :)

• Kraynic
    Kraynic
    ✭✭
    Earelith wrote: »
    @davey1107 Thanks a lot for the info! another question I have is: I have not created a single glyph so far.. I heard that it is better to do this for 45-50... thing is does it matter if I "discover" a glyph as white/green/blue? What is best to do? Should I use my Denata there for more XP? or it doesn't matter?

The reason to make glyphs is to "translate" each rune. You get an achievement and a batch of inspiration each time you use a rune the character has never used before.
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Indeed, as kray says, you get a big chunk of inspiration for learning a rune. This amount is set by each rune, and doesn’t fluctuate as you level. So you can learn them as soon as you’re able. All together the learning runes inspiration is worth about ~5% of the total inspiration needed to get to enchanting 50.

Another tip is that if you have 90+ champion points on your account, make sure to spend 30 in the green line on the left constellation so that you can unlock the super passive that gives a 20% inspiration boost. This applies to everything in the game that earns inspiration...all of the crafting lines. If you’re able to work on unlocking that before working up an alt, it’s recommended. For the other five trades its not as big a deal, but enchanting easily requires 1000 deconstructs, so this saves 200...pretty significant.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Earelith wrote: »
    I heard that it is better to do this for 45-50... thing is does it matter if I "discover" a glyph as white/green/blue? What is best to do? Should I use my Denata there for more XP? or it doesn't matter?

The Inspiration you get for learning a new glyph goes up somewhat proportional to the level. As you level a skill, it takes more points for each level. So, learning a new glyph moves the bar the same amount, no matter the level, up to a point. I have not figured out where is stops being the best benefit, but it seems to be the high 30's low 40's in enchanting skill.

Anyway, I use Mob Loot to decon, but buying glyphs can work to decon. But, as mentioned above, making on one character and deconning on another is best way to level 2 alts in the skill, but you have to use 10 +4 Skill points on at least one of the characters, for potency and aspect unlocks.

Anyway, if your following that route for two characters, do this:

Make and decon Green Glyphs until about L15, Blue up to about L30/32, Purples up to L45. Now, learn the, essences potencies and aspects you don't know, this will get you to L47/L49 depending on what you learned already and passives that boost inspiration. Then fill in the rest with Purples again.

The reason you wait until L45 is you don't leave the "learning a new rune" inspiration on the table, but you also don't over shoot the L50, which is kind of a waste, and you use up the least amount of Purple Aspects getting to L50. Also the decon/make purple glyphs inspiration does not fall off until L44/45, as far moving the bar per glyph part of it.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• victoriana-blue
    victoriana-blue
    ✭✭✭✭
    In other crafts like clothier, the game doesn't give mats when I decon something significantly over my character's crafting level; you might be seeing something like that for the potency runes.

Nestor's advice is excellent, and rekuta are so plentiful and so cheap on guild traders that I level with purples.
    CP 750+
    Never enough inventory space, even with storage coffers and a mule account
  • Earelith
    Earelith
    ✭✭✭
    Hey thanks @Kram8ion @Nestor @davey1107 and @victoriana-blue for the follow up replies! I got enchanting to 50 finally :) it cost me around 70k gold which i think is ok!

I didnt have many skill points to use so the last bunch of truly superb glyphs i decon, i was 7/10 skills in potency, 3/4 skills in quality and 3/3 extraction.

I got some normal runes from decon but i didnt get blue (denara) even if i have 3/4 om quality and 3/3 extraction... (i was deconing blue glyphs)

So i guess it was either because i am still level 20 and potency skill is still 7/10...

Well mission accomplished but still not sure if i didnt get runes back from truly superb glyphs because i was not 10/10 in potency or because i am low level..
    Edited by Earelith on January 28, 2018 9:44AM
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why do you need more then one toon with Max level enchanting?
    Edited by Lightspeedflashb14_ESO on January 28, 2018 11:17AM
  • Earelith
    Earelith
    ✭✭✭

I dont... on main char I have Woodwork/Blacksmith/Clothing with all the motifs etc... on alt, I will have enchanting / alchemy / Cooking.

the idea is to split the crafting skill points, since I am still developing my characters and need every bit of them... I know that sometime I will have more than enough, but currently I dont :P And I want to level professions now to craft my gear etc!
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Need? You only need 1. But, if your alts farm or are doing crafting writs in hopes of getting Master Writs, then you need to be L50 in Enchanting, or any craft really to get the best chance for usable mats or writs.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Armatesz
    Armatesz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DoctorESO wrote: »
    Items with the "intricate" trait will help you very much. :)

Think this person was asking for tips for enchantment, so intricate works for woodworking, clothier and blacksmith only.
    Ärmätèsz
    Xbox NA
    Guildless (by choice)
  • Armatesz
    Armatesz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can use an alt character to make your enchantments and give to the character you want to power level enchanting. Try using things you are not going to be missing that much and try to not use fire enchantments or prism either.
    Ärmätèsz
    Xbox NA
    Guildless (by choice)