The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Furnishing Items to Support Parsing / Testing

Altyrann
Altyrann
✭✭✭✭✭
I think that two items would make it a lot easier for those of us who like to use the skeletons to test builds etc. to do so consistently and less painfully. Any thoughts on these or others?
  • Crystal of Replenishment - Interactable item which immediately restores your resources, including ultimate, to full (usable only out of combat to save time between parses)
  • Draining Crystal - Interactable item which, when activated, applies Major Breach, Major Fracture and Minor Magicka Steal to Target Skeletons within X yards

As an added bonus, it would be great if, when out of combat, you could interact with Target Skeletons to reset / respawn them. You can sort of do this in your own home by picking up and replacing them, but it would be a very helpful addition for guild houses.
Edited by Altyrann on January 28, 2018 2:14PM
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do you have these items when your doing combat in the game?

Testing your DPS means also testing the ability to maintain resources to maintain that DPS. And, if your build does not have the ability to apply Breach and Fracture and Steal, then why would you want to test with it? Not every group is going to give you those things, or at least consistently.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Altyrann
    Altyrann
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I chose those three specifically as they are absolutely the debuffs you would expect 100% uptime on in any organised group.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did not know there was a way for a group to fully restore all 3 attributes on demand. Especially Ultimate. What group support skill does that?

I don't think you understand the purpose of a training dummy. It is not to see how much damage you can do under perfect conditions with a perfect group to see how large you can make your DPS score. It is to see if Rotation A is better than Rotation B, or Gear set 1 is better than Gear set 2.

Be all that you can be solo, that will make your group better. If you want to see the difference a group does, then bring the group, that is why there is a 25M and 50M training dummy, for groups to practice against. You use the 3M and 10M dummies for solo.

• Altyrann
    Altyrann
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I understand exactly how I and many others choose to use the Target Skeletons. That is to design the build that will be most effective in a boss fight in a trial.

In a boss fight in a trial, I would expect to start the fight with full resources and to have standard debuffs running. Hence my suggestions.

The aim of the replenishing crystal specifically is so that you can start a parse with full resources without having to wait between attempts. I do not intend for it to be usable in combat. Edited first post for clarity.
    Edited by Altyrann on January 28, 2018 2:16PM
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That makes a little more sense then

• Altyrann
    Altyrann
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is all based on experience recently of trying to optimise my build where I have found it hugely annoying to have to spam heavy attacks on a second dummy between attempts to regenerate resources and ultimate, adding wasted time to trying to get a sense of an average over X attempts.

In addition, this removes the need to have a helpful friend around to debuff the skeleton, which is not much fun for them. All of this would of course be something you can choose not to turn on if you want to test for solo setups etc.
  • Altyrann
    Altyrann
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shameless bump as this would still alleviate a lot of the pain of repeated parsing.
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great ideas, I would love to see both of these. One saves your time, and the other saves a friend’s time.

If it would be easier, it could be implemented as just a new target dummy with permanent Maj Breach, Fracture, and Magickasteal debuffs.

IMO killing any dummy should just restore resources and ultimate automatically. I don’t see any way this could be abused, and it would be a great QoL change for anyone fine-tuning a build.
  • Altyrann
    Altyrann
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great ideas, I would love to see both of these. One saves your time, and the other saves a friend’s time.

If it would be easier, it could be implemented as just a new target dummy with permanent Maj Breach, Fracture, and Magickasteal debuffs.

IMO killing any dummy should just restore resources and ultimate automatically. I don’t see any way this could be abused, and it would be a great QoL change for anyone fine-tuning a build.

That may be a neater set of mechanisms for getting to the same result.

Making it possible for every class/ role to parse solo without horrific recharge time (looking at elemental rage) would be welcome.