The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Questions Ultimate ability

Garamant
Garamant
✭✭✭
Hope I am right section here,

Once i press "remove" on my ultimate ability in the Skills UI is it gone forever or can I place it as my Ultimate again, because I cant seem to find it now. Would have to reach LVL 50 with 2hand to unlock my next Ultimate... --feels confused--
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not entirely sure I understand your question but you can assign and re-assign skills at anytime if that's what you are asking. Just because you removed the ultimate doesn't mean you can never use it again.
  • Garamant
    Garamant
    ✭✭✭
    Apache_Kid wrote: »
    Not entirely sure I understand your question but you can assign and re-assign skills at anytime if that's what you are asking. Just because you removed the ultimate doesn't mean you can never use it again.

yes that was what i meant, so... i have my 5 skills and the ultimate (i can trigger them with 1,2,3,4,5, and 8), but while i was in the Skills UI testing things out, i pressed "remove" on my ultimate and its now empty. It was a 2 hand ultimate. Now when i go into my 2h Skills tab in the Skills UI (where u assign skillpoints etc), i now only see a ultimate i can unlock at lvl 50, and my list of active skills and passive skills below. However I cant find that ultimate i removed. I only see the one i can unlock at lvl 50, would have expected the removed one to be below the lvl 50 one to reassign it if i wanted to .. idk how or where to reassign it into the slot again.I am to blind to find it...
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well if you didn't have two-handed at 50 before then that wasn't the ult you are using because the weapon skill ults all unlock at 50. Check your 3 class skill lines. I bet one of the ultimates you were using was one of those.
    Edited by Apache_Kid on January 25, 2018 4:42PM
  • Loc2262
    Loc2262
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree with Apache_Kid, you very probably assigned one of your three class ultimates. All weapon ults unlock at weapon skill line level 50.

When you unlock a skill and you have room on your bar, i.e. a free regular skill slot or an empty ultimate skill slot, the skill will be automatically placed there. Maybe that what's happened.

In any case, like Apache_Kid already said, removing a skill from the bar (either through the right-click context menu or by dragging the skill off) has no effect on the skill's availability. The only way to reset a skill (all skills or morphs at the same time actually) is by using the respec shrine in your faction's capital city. You can't do that accidentally.

Edited by Loc2262 on January 25, 2018 5:09PM
    Kind regards,
    Frank
    PC-EU, 12 chars, 900+CP
  • Garamant
    Garamant
    ✭✭✭
    yes you re right, for some reason I hammered it into my mind it had be 2 Hand but it was the assassination ulti. Thank you!
  • Garamant
    Garamant
    ✭✭✭
    Did not know that about the Lvl 50 for weapon ultimates. I thought you might have one you can unlock at lvl 25 for example and then another (better) one at lvl 50, but thx for clarifying
  • Loc2262
    Loc2262
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You're welcome! All weapons are considered "equal"(ly useful for their specific purpose), there's no "you should start with this, and later you can upgrade to that". Hence all of their ultimates unlock at the same level.
    Kind regards,
    Frank
    PC-EU, 12 chars, 900+CP
  • Partomax
    Partomax
    ✭✭✭
    Your class tree ultimates are unlocked when you reach level 12 on that tree, for weapon ultimates you need lvl 50 on the respective tree and fighters and mages guild you need level 10. Once you've spent the skillpoint you can go back and put them back on your bar at anytime.
    PC/EU - This is a signature