The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PVP Buffs

generalmyrick
generalmyrick
✭✭✭✭✭
If we can't have alliance lock...the best counter i heard was you should be allowed to be play with friends.

My counter to this is that its wierd that everybody's friend is on the same color.

SO HERE ==> we need more dramatic imbalance buffs.

not underpopulation buffs, but CURRENT BAR IMBALANCE BUFFS.

yeah?
"The red pill and its opposite, the blue pill, are a popular cultural meme, a metaphor representing the choice between:

Knowledge, freedom, uncertainty and the brutal truths of reality (red pill)
Security, happiness, beauty, and the blissful ignorance of illusion (blue pill)"

Insight to Agree to Awesome Ratio = 1:6.04:2.76 as of 1/25/2019

Compared to people that I've ignored = I am 18% more insightful, 20% less agreeable, and 88% more awesome.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How is it weird that all my friends are EP? I started the game before One Tamriel on an EP character. I joined EP guilds. When I started to PVP, it was with EP players. When I joined an PVP guild its was an EP-only no-cross-faction-play PVP guild.

So when I play PVP, all my friends are EP. Not weird at all.

The current system helps with the score - low pop players get increased score and AP buffs.
    The current system rewards the faction with the most objectives - (usually the most populated faction but not always) by granting buffs for holding certain objectives.

In my experience, those buffs are relatively small on a per-player basis. The buffs generally aren't overwhelming unless there was already a numbers/organization imbalance at work, in which case, I suggest that you fix the numbers/organization imbalance first and then measure the impact of those buffs. When organized raids clash, those buffs help one side but they aren't the margin of victory or death.

So do something like this. Every faction gets a flat buff that decreases as you get closer to pop-lock.
    Something like this with the numbers made up:
    Pop-lock: no buff
    3 bars: 1% extra health, 1% weapon/spell damage
    2 bars: 2.5% extra health, 2.5% weapon/spell damage
    1 bars: 5% extra health, 5% weapon/spell damage

So if the situation looks like it did this morning on PC/NA Vivec when Iogged on: EP would have no buff, and AD and DC would each have 1% extra health, 1% extra wep/spell damage.

Anyone inclined to critique the system, please bear in mind that the numbers and proposed buffs are entirely made up. I picked those because the buff should be small and in line with the current objective based buffs. The point of the idea is that its a flat buff that everyone gets based on their population. If DC and EP are both at one bar but DC has a raid and EP is scattered, they both get the same buff.

Final Note: I think this is a useless idea. If you are getting mashed at times of imbalanced population or feeling like an underdog to the point that you want buffs, you either have a fundamental numbers problem or an organization problem. Maybe both. Buffs are not going to fix that fundamental problem.
  • generalmyrick
    generalmyrick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    first, i like a lot of what you said.

second, i like how a lot of people like to say with definitive certainty, "EVEN THOUGH WE HAVEN'T TRIED IT WON'T WORK."

hahaahahahaha
    ================

i would just like something in place that is a "REAL" deterrent to the kind of alliance hopping that i find ruinous to my gaming, AND IM NOT ALONE, experience.

if not a deterrent then i want a super good reward.

RIGHT AFTER a super close campaign it is no fun to have mass switching, and the like, to then result in an 8k score gap between 1st and 3rd with 5 days to go.
    "The red pill and its opposite, the blue pill, are a popular cultural meme, a metaphor representing the choice between:

Knowledge, freedom, uncertainty and the brutal truths of reality (red pill)
    Security, happiness, beauty, and the blissful ignorance of illusion (blue pill)"

Insight to Agree to Awesome Ratio = 1:6.04:2.76 as of 1/25/2019

Compared to people that I've ignored = I am 18% more insightful, 20% less agreeable, and 88% more awesome.