The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Auto-kick from dungeon when you are the last from your group

Vostorn
Vostorn
✭✭✭✭
Hello @ZOS_GinaBruno, hello Zenimax.

It has been a long time issue now : when you use dungeon finder, there are some quests you can't turn in if everyone leaves the group at the end of the dungeon. Not only you can't turn in but you need to do the whole dungeon again as the quest turn in is at the end of this one.

For some of them, you have to skip dialogues in order to turn the quest in thus ignoring the work you did on its story.

For others, you can't even finish the quest as you need to wait to be able to talk to the NPC.

Is there any way to to prevent this as a solo player ? Otherwise, is there some plan to fix this ?
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    There is no way to prevent it. My advice would be if you know that you need the quest say so at the beginning. Unless everyone in the group is a total jackass you should be able to have 1 person wait for you. If they don't then you need to turn in your quest and mash through the dialogue as fast as you can. Some dungeons like darkshade 1 aren't great for this because the quest turn-in NPC is far away from the final boss and some dungeons like Volenfell require additional dialogue and cut-scene before you can turn it in.

I have heard of no plans for changes to how this works.
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well this got buried fast.
  • Bax
    Bax
    ✭✭✭
    It would be nice if they fix it tho, or extend the kick period if you got quest active or something.

Anyway, till it's fixed (if ever), do as Apache_Kid said. I waited several times for the others to finish their quest if they asked for it before. I think most of the players won't have a problem to do that for you. Try to say it before the final boss is dead and you should be fine :)
  • xbobx
    xbobx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    or an easy fix might be to make it that if you are in group you stay in that group till you manually remove yourself. That way you are in a group of one but technically still in a group.

that would fix the issue and might be an easy fix
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you have your own group, don't use the Group Finder, enter the Dungeon Manually by Traveling to it from a Wayshrine. This way, you can stay in the dungeon as long as you want after the events are over. To explore and look for chests and in some places, just take in the sights. As the Mobs don't respawn until you leave the dungeon and come back (with a couple of other steps in the middle) you don't have to worry about being overwhelmed.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Hurtfan
    Hurtfan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How about not kicking anyone, put in an option to leave the dungeon when the player is ready?

This has happened to me a lot because I left the game and came back after a year and a half, so most people in my experience have already finished the quests. Unless they were working on an alt.
    For the Pact!
    Keyboard not found, press any key to continue
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The solution is...ZOS needs to put one set of the NPCs inside ....the quest givers and one set of the folks we talk to OUTSIDE all dungeon entrances. At least give ppl a chance

Or

Simpler....when you complete something, complete it automatically don’t force a required interaction and put rewards in mail just in case inventory is full
    Edited by NewBlacksmurf on January 26, 2018 5:31PM
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The solution is...ZOS needs to put one set of the NPCs inside ....the quest givers and one set of the folks we talk to OUTSIDE all dungeon entrances. At least give ppl a chance

The problem is, and it could be fixed, is the dungeon finder sends you back where you were when it ported you into the dungeon. Like you use the GF at Stormhaven Undaunted Enclave, when you use the exit, it sends you back there. This was needed before One Tamriel, but not needed now.

• QuebraRegra
    QuebraRegra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vostorn wrote: »

It has been a long time issue now : when you use dungeon finder, there are some quests you can't turn in if everyone leaves the group at the end of the dungeon. Not only you can't turn in but you need to do the whole dungeon again as the quest turn in is at the end of this one.

For some of them, you have to skip dialogues in order to turn the quest in thus ignoring the work you did on its story.

For others, you can't even finish the quest as you need to wait to be able to talk to the NPC.

Is there any way to to prevent this as a solo player ? Otherwise, is there some plan to fix this ?

rewrite the code so the "crown" (group leader) migrates to the remaining group players as the 'crown" leaves... Like every other decent MMO.

somebody wake up ZOS...
  • Armatesz
    Armatesz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    If you have your own group, don't use the Group Finder, enter the Dungeon Manually by Traveling to it from a Wayshrine. This way, you can stay in the dungeon as long as you want after the events are over. To explore and look for chests and in some places, just take in the sights. As the Mobs don't respawn until you leave the dungeon and come back (with a couple of other steps in the middle) you don't have to worry about being overwhelmed.

On xbox one if you go there yourself by wayshrine and get into it some and then in middle of the dungeon someone randomly force joins in on you and leaves you get kicked from the dungeon.
    Edited by Armatesz on January 26, 2018 7:01PM
    Ärmätèsz
    Xbox NA
    Guildless (by choice)
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Armatesz wrote: »

On xbox one if you go there yourself by wayshrine and start some and even someone joins in and then leaves group you get kicked from the dungeon if you are the only person.

Seriously? I have heard this, but was not sure if it applied to all instances. I always loved going back and looking around the dungeons after, some of the design and artwork in these places is incredible

• NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The problem is, and it could be fixed, is the dungeon finder sends you back where you were when it ported you into the dungeon. Like you use the GF at Stormhaven Undaunted Enclave, when you use the exit, it sends you back there. This was needed before One Tamriel, but not needed now.

@Nestor
    That’s not the problem at all.
    There’s no reason for anyone to remain in the instance and to free up th server holding instances, that action is appropriate.

The issue is the dungeon quest system is not in line with One Tamriel updates and changes. When they chang something, they need to change everything it touches.

That’s their issue and the issue with all of these updates, they are half-@$$$ changes
    Edited by NewBlacksmurf on January 26, 2018 7:12PM
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Armatesz wrote: »

On xbox one if you go there yourself by wayshrine and start some and even someone joins in and then leaves group you get kicked from the dungeon if you are the only person.

Seriously? I have heard this, but was not sure if it applied to all instances. I always loved going back and looking around the dungeons after, some of the design and artwork in these places is incredible

@Nestor
    Yes, that’s why I wrote the above
    You can visit a brand new instance but you cannot return to the existing instance or what they wrote will happen, over...and over....and over....and over....and over again
    Edited by NewBlacksmurf on January 26, 2018 7:20PM
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@NewBlacksmurf

What I am refering to is when you go out the actual exit to the dungeon, you get ported back to where you were when the GF grabbed you. Hardly anyone goes out the actual exits anymore, so most probably don't even see that happening. I am a creature of habit so I still often use the manual exits. If you enter the dungeon manually, then you can use the exit and up just outside.

• Defilted
    Defilted
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would wait if someone asked.
    XBOX NA
    XBOX Series X

#NightmareBear
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've made it a point to ALWAYS stay until I'm 100% sure that everyone has finished the quest. There are too many selfish people who just leave and don't care if you finish the quest. I always ask if everyone's done before I leave.

ZOS absolutely needs to make the kick-out timer longer.
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @NewBlacksmurf

What I am refering to is when you go out the actual exit to the dungeon, you get ported back to where you were when the GF grabbed you. Hardly anyone goes out the actual exits anymore, so most probably don't even see that happening. I am a creature of habit so I still often use the manual exits. If you enter the dungeon manually, then you can use the exit and up just outside.

Not always, I don’t do it enough to know when it should and shouldn’t but I do know on my main, she seems to be able to exit and be where the entrance is.....as long as I’m not still in th group. There are also times i get ported so it’s something I’d have to test again since the last updates.

To the OP tho, on that topic the only solution I see is to make those quests complete in the interface vs in the dungeon in a new UI. I don’t mind talking to the NPCs but it’s impossible at times on speed runs.
  • Insandros
    Insandros
    ✭✭✭✭
    I personaly never cared about the story in the dungeons, only made it for the skill point and skipped all dialog, but i got to admit when i get in a pug who someone needs the quest, i follow that person and wait til he's done no matter the time he/she takes if she's listening or not to the story, i wait til it's over then leave and ask before to make sure they are done.. but i'm one of the few ones i presume.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Most
    Vostorn wrote: »

rewrite the code so the "crown" (group leader) migrates to the remaining group players as the 'crown" leaves... Like every other decent MMO.

somebody wake up ZOS...
    Crown will go to one of the reminding, the problem is that if not in group you get kicked from dungeon.

If you leave group you get removed same with getting kicked.
    This is to avoid people leaving group, group invite other player, you are now 5 in dungeon, repeat as wanted :)
    The problem is then you are the last one left you are not in group and get removed.
    Its mostly an issue with quest there you have to go other places or wait after the boss fight.
    If you could stay you could also explore and look for chests and stuff.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.