The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Cheydinhal and Weynon Priory should be capturable like Vlastarus/Cropsford/Bruma

efster
efster
✭✭✭✭✭
pls to be making this a thing zos, tyvm

GTOnQo7.jpg
AD is the best looking faction. I don't make the rules, I just enforce them.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd like to capture Hackdirt. Dealing with the Deep Ones...
    240?cb=20150817155452

Disclaimer: The Deep Ones don't appear in ESO, rather they are hinted at in TES IV: Oblivion. http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/A_Shadow_over_Hackdirt
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Making those able to be captured will be a huge buff for AD, since they are relatively close to DC and EP inner keeps. There's no such settlement in AD.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • Slick_007
    Slick_007
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    no. just no
  • efster
    efster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Asardes wrote: »
    There's no such settlement in AD.

LOL

lol

are you serious

lol
    Edited by efster on January 26, 2018 1:06PM
  • PrinceShroob
    PrinceShroob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unless they add a new town with repeatable quests, making Cheydinhal and Chorrol/Weynon Priory war objectives would mean that that Pact and Covenant each have an additional location to take while the Dominion does not.

The only settlement within Dominion territory is the Abbey of the Eight, and it's right next to Vlastarus.

And speaking as someone with the Tamriel Hero title, doing Chorrol and Cheydinhal quests is stressful enough without encouraging people to take those towns to assault gate keeps.

Chorrol and Weynon Priory are also, I think, too defensible -- unlike Vlastarus, Bruma, and Cropsford, which sit on fairly flat, open ground, getting to Chorrol requires taking the Black Road through a mile gate, at least to approach from the south.
    Edited by PrinceShroob on January 26, 2018 6:19PM
  • Irylia
    Irylia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They could add town locations and I’m all for it.
    Make them worth more scoring
  • AGGROxander_Hamilton
    Moar quests!
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OP hasn't stated why or what benefits it would being. Asking to add it for the sake of it will not get much attention from those that matter.
  • Vilestride
    Vilestride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As mentioned the problem with simply adding those towns is that it is disproportionate to AD. You will only be adding an objective in DC and EP territory.
  • EdmundTowers
    EdmundTowers
    ✭✭✭
    Yes please.
    Co GM of Imperium of the Eagle, PvP Guild NA PC, ~Aldmeri Dominion~
    Tyrael Allynna Aldmeri Magplar
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    giphy.gif

not sure exactly how "fair" doing so would be to each faction - but, i have always wanted to have some battles at cheydinhal...great layout for large scale or small scale pvp...
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • efster
    efster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pact and Covenant each have an additional location to take while the Dominion does not
    Why do people keep saying this? It's 100% false.

Vlastarus is fully within AD territory providing easy access to Fare, Brindle, Roebeck, and Black Boot, and Cropsford, while not directly in AD territory, allows AD access to, well, Drakelowe, whereas EP routinely uses it to harass Alessia and Bloodmayne (PC NA Vivec, anyway).

Literally all AD home keeps are within easy striking distance from a nearby town, and it's "unfair" for EP and DC to have to deal with the same? Nah. It is fair, and that's why these towns should be capturable.
  • efster
    efster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    geonsocal wrote: »
    i have always wanted to have some battles at cheydinhal...great layout for large scale or small scale pvp...
    yesssss, it's a huge town and a capture-the-flag type fight there would be so much fun. to compromise for the questy PVE types, maybe don't put flags right on top of quest givers there. ^_^

• VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just want ZOS to move Vlastarus up directly between Nikel and Brindle, and Cropsford up between Sejanus and Drakelowe. That way everyone can enjoy the glory of the PVP in Bruma, directly in between Bleakers and Dragon.

Seriously, Bruma sees more action in a night than Vlastarus and Cropsford see in a week.
  • PrinceShroob
    PrinceShroob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    efster wrote: »
    Pact and Covenant each have an additional location to take while the Dominion does not
    Why do people keep saying this? It's 100% false.

You misunderstood. Making Chorrol/Weynon Priory and Cheydinhal able to be captured would add an objective that could be taken from the Pact or Covenant without adding an objective that could be taken from the Dominion. There are eighteen keeps with three resources each and three outposts evenly divided (at first) between the three alliances, and each alliance has a town.

If your concern is that people are using the towns to mount attacks on Dominion territories, it would be better, I think, to remove the ability to capture Vlastarus, Cropsford, and Bruma, as it was when the game launched. This strikes me as "fairer" to questers, too.

I can't comment on the efficacy of this suggestion, but if Vlastarus is too close to the Dominion's home keeps, then perhaps its location should be swapped with Castle Brindle. After all, Vlastarus is the location of Fort Vlastarus in Oblivion, while Castle Brindle is where the small village of Brindle Home is located.

Edited by PrinceShroob on January 27, 2018 2:52AM
  • efster
    efster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If your concern is that people are using the towns to mount attacks on Dominion territories, it would be better, I think, to remove the ability to capture Vlastarus, Cropsford, and Bruma, as it was when the game launched. This strikes me as "fairer" to questers, too.
    That would also be fine by me! As it is right now, EP and DC have an unfair advantage over AD with towns giving them access to way too much of our backline AND their outlying home keeps (Drake and Ash), while AD has to go all the way to Bruma, which is not close to any of our home keeps.

Or add a new objective somewhere up north to make it 2 in each alliance's territory.
    Edited by efster on January 27, 2018 6:34AM
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i hope this happens.