The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Daylight slider option for housing

Feric51
Feric51
✭✭✭✭✭
If this has already been suggested and I missed it during my search please forgive me for repeating...

Since each house is instanced, why do we have to follow the environmental lighting schedule of the zone the house is located in? For those of us who spend a ton of gold/crowns to purchase and furnish our homes, I'd like to be able to view it in whatever environmental light level I think accentuates it the best. And, as such, I'd like to be able to lock that light level in regardless if I'm there or not for when other players visit.

Some houses look awesome in the moonlight, others are best viewed in full sun. Personal preferences of other players will undoubtedly differ from my own, which is why I think environmental lighting should be owner controlled by a 24-hour slider that allows us to alter it. There could also be a toggle feature for those who either don't mind following the zone time schedule, or who spend enough time in their houses that they like to see the day/night progress while they're there.

In case there's an add-on that already does this on PC... keep in mind I'm on console and don't have access to add-ons.

Thoughts?
Feric51
Xbox NA

Darkness Falls: The Crusade survivor (you young kids will never know the struggle of text-based games)

• One_ofMany
    One_ofMany
    ✭✭✭
    I agree
    I also hate trying to decorate in the dark.
  • Feric51
    Feric51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One_ofMany wrote: »
    I agree
    I also hate trying to decorate in the dark.

Conversely. Setting up lighting in the daytime, only to find out it’s not enough or way too much once night falls is also a common occurrence.
    Feric51
    Xbox NA

Darkness Falls: The Crusade survivor (you young kids will never know the struggle of text-based games)

• Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People have asked for this before, and it's a good idea.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I agree completely.

• emilyhyoyeon
    emilyhyoyeon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    yeah I like the toggle idea. I would prefer to decorate with controlled lighting and keep my house with the regular zone times during the rest of the time
    IGN @ emilypumpkin
    Zirasia Firemaker, imperial fire mage & sunbather _ Deebaba Soul-Weaver, argonian spirit minder & soul gem collector
    Tullanisse Starborne, altmer battlemage & ayleid researcher _ Qa'Rirra, khajiit assassin & dancer
  • Asha_11_ESO
    Asha_11_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Agreed. Most of the lighting items are of very weak lighting quality and eats up the item budget quickly. I get more annoyed at trying to decorate when I can barely see though, and often wish there was a light switch I could turn on to help my poor eyes!