The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Crafting resources too high level?

d1craig.crb16_ESO
d1craig.crb16_ESO
Soul Shriven
so im after some iron to make a nice set for an alt to level up with and everywhere i go i get the same ores. calcinium ores. i need iron as i have non.

so how do i get iron ore from mining. found 2 nodes on bleakrock isle and they where calcinium...
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Nestor will know the exact answer. I think whereas before it was by zone after OneTam it's linked to crafting level.

If you take skill points out of the craft you will sew tier 1 mats Instead. Or just farm on your alts Instead is the solution I think.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • d1craig.crb16_ESO
    d1craig.crb16_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    ok thanx. i guess ill leave all crafting at 1/10 for them bits for now once i respec.
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beardimus wrote: »
    Or just farm on your alts Instead is the solution I think.
    Probably the easiest solution at this point, since iron ore can be harvested by any low level character.

In short, the type of mats you find is now directly related to the skill points you have spent in that craft.
    You won't find any low level mats on that character unless you respec your skill points.
    shades.gif
  • magictucktuck
    magictucktuck
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This probably doesn’t help much as it’s random but I have a ton, you get it from writs they give you a crate if 25 of a lower level material. So if you do then everyday you will get a bunch of lower level stuff. I know that won’t help NOW but in the future
    PC-NA

Necromancer

Flawless Conqueror

https://www.magictucktuck.com for my builds and guides!
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crafting Material Nodes spawn based one of two things, in a roughly 50/50 split. Character Level and Crafting Material Passive, in this case the one for Blacksmithing.

So, for example, If you have a CP160 Character who does not craft, so has no points invested in the material passive, will see half the nodes be Rubedite, and half be Iron.

So, if your character your farming on now is too high a level to see iron or has material passives above that for iron, they will never see it. Couple of choices

1. Use your low level character to farm for Iron Ore, and this can be in any zone.
    2. Respec your current character and take out the material points (pain in the butt especially if your bumping your mat passive so you can craft gear for that one)
    3. Buy the Iron at a guild kiosk, probably sells for 6 Gold Each or so, so 1200 a stack.
    4. Ask a Guildmate for some, or see if a Guild Officer can help you with some from the Guild Bank
    5. If your PC/NA, send me an email in game and I can send you some iron tonight, I have tons of it, like 6,000 plus ingots.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Beardimus wrote: »
    @Nestor will know the exact answer. I think whereas before it was by zone after OneTam it's linked to crafting level.

If you take skill points out of the craft you will sew tier 1 mats Instead. Or just farm on your alts Instead is the solution I think.

Full correct answer:

The nodes you see are based on 2 things - your crafting level and your character level.

You can take points out of blacksmithing and will se 50% iron nodes, and 50% whatever your character's level is (Rubedite for MAX)

You can get some lower level mats from daily writs. BUT the easiest answer is to ask in your guilds, or buy from a guild trader. You can also farm for it but it's expensive to take points out all the time.
  • bongtokin420insd16
    bongtokin420insd16
    ✭✭✭✭
    So does this mean if I have a CP160 character with 10 in woodworking, that when i go harvest a survey ill stop getting half half and start getting all 160 level mats for all the nodes?
    Kaz_Wastelander PS4NA
  • Tarukmockto
    Tarukmockto
    ✭✭✭
    So does this mean if I have a CP160 character with 10 in woodworking, that when i go harvest a survey ill stop getting half half and start getting all 160 level mats for all the nodes?

In theory, yes.
    NA - DC - DK - PC
  • Feric51
    Feric51
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You’ll see ruby ash at all wood nodes, yes. The ore and cloth material nodes will still reflect the 50/50 level/respective crafting passive.
    Feric51
    Xbox NA

Darkness Falls: The Crusade survivor (you young kids will never know the struggle of text-based games)

• bongtokin420insd16
    bongtokin420insd16
    ✭✭✭✭
    Damn that means i did like 100 surveys half and half and never knew. !@#$ lol
    Kaz_Wastelander PS4NA