The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.2 on the PTS on Monday at 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC).

Nightblade (Dragon Bones) Improvements

KaiserKnight
KaiserKnight
✭✭✭
I think it's high time nightblade, especially stamina nightblade, receives some much needed buffs since sorcs and dks get so much each patch. I love playing my nightblade and I want to make sure it stays relevant.

I have a few suggestions so take your pick!
  • Sustain passives that return resources on kill, high recovery, and sustain active skills that also heal you
  • Access to major ward and resolve every time you cast cloak or teleport or fear or the spammable DD attack
  • Easy access to major fracture and major breach along with minor protection
  • A 28 meter teleport that also applies minor maim to targets
  • Multiple access to major expedition
  • Multiple sources of ulti gen from passives
  • A good gap closer, execute, and spammable with high damage
  • An ultimate that provides defile, basically major vulnerability, stuns, and does high damage while being very cheap
  • The ability to negate all dots and crit all heals while being untargetable by single target abilities
  • Massively increased stats for having a single ability slotted from a certain tree
  • Access to healing bonuses such as minor vitality and minor mending
  • Increased healing for having abilities slotted for a certain tree
  • A multi-target CC that goes through dodge, block, and applies minor maim
  • Access to major berserk AND minor berserk
  • Access to major evasion so we can have it in heavy armor
  • Increased critical chance and critical damage in passives

What do you guys think??

• BlazingDynamo
    BlazingDynamo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did Nightblades magically acquire all of these things over night? Cause I remember my NB always having these things -minus the sarcasm-

• makreth
    makreth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did Nightblades magically acquire all of these things over night? Cause I remember my NB always having these things -minus the sarcasm-

They always had all of those. It's no secret that they can also equip both stamina and magicka morphs without penalties. They also have secret slots and addional skillbars but this is still a secret.
  • TimeDazzler
    TimeDazzler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like someone got ganked lol L2P
    PC NA
    Characters:
    Tımë Ðâzzlër - Stamina Warden - AD
    Tımë Ðâzzłër - Magicka Nightblade - AD
    Tımë Ðâzzłêr - Stamina Templar - AD
    Sugar Deady - Magicka Necromancer - AD
    Sprint v X - Stamina Sorcerer - EP
    Tımë Ðâzzlër Ðk - Stamina Dragonknight - EP
    Time Dazzler - Magicka Warden - DC
  • FlamingBeard
    FlamingBeard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don’t know, man...

I want us Nightblades to stay balanced and fair!

All those passives and abilities would be way too overtuned!!
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well..all the triggered DKs can play a NB. It’s even easy - create character and be OP! With how much skill these players claim to have it should be even easier!
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • Azurya
    Azurya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it's high time nightblade, especially stamina nightblade, receives some much needed buffs since sorcs and dks get so much each patch. I love playing my nightblade and I want to make sure it stays relevant.

I have a few suggestions so take your pick!
    • Sustain passives that return resources on kill, high recovery, and sustain active skills that also heal you
    • Access to major ward and resolve every time you cast cloak or teleport or fear or the spammable DD attack
    • Easy access to major fracture and major breach along with minor protection
    • A 28 meter teleport that also applies minor maim to targets
    • Multiple access to major expedition
    • Multiple sources of ulti gen from passives
    • A good gap closer, execute, and spammable with high damage
    • An ultimate that provides defile, basically major vulnerability, stuns, and does high damage while being very cheap
    • The ability to negate all dots and crit all heals while being untargetable by single target abilities
    • Massively increased stats for having a single ability slotted from a certain tree
    • Access to healing bonuses such as minor vitality and minor mending
    • Increased healing for having abilities slotted for a certain tree
    • A multi-target CC that goes through dodge, block, and applies minor maim
    • Access to major berserk AND minor berserk
    • Access to major evasion so we can have it in heavy armor
    • Increased critical chance and critical damage in passives

What do you guys think??

well, I don´t think this is "wishing well".
    and though I play 2 stamblades myself, I do fine
    and I don´t think ZOS will give us anything
    because they hate Stamina, they hate NB in generall

But I put my hands in the air
    and wave like I just don´t care
  • FlamingBeard
    FlamingBeard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Feanor wrote: »
    Well..all the triggered DKs can play a NB. It’s even easy - create character and be OP! With how much skill these players claim to have it should be even easier!

Exactly!

If only Nightblades had some sort of way to escape combat at any time, or a way to remove pressure from themselves by AoE CCing every enemy ignoring their block and dodgeroll in melee range (could also be used offensively in theory).

I also think having a very cheap ultimate with Major Defile and perpetual Empower to all damage done to whoever I hit as well as an immediate stun would be very useful to the class, but I know ZOS would never make something so OP :(
  • Marabornwingrion
    Marabornwingrion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Gimme all of it :love:
  • ecru
    ecru
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd prefer a fix to the animations of funnel health and twisting path so that light attack weaving works properly over any of actual changes to skills. If you see a light attack animation, you should light attack.

Gryphon Heart
    Godslayer
    Dawnbringer
  • JerryAlder
    JerryAlder
    ✭✭
    It feels weird that some ppl see these updates as making NB so much more powerful than other classes. Have we seen MagNB in PVE in Clockwork - no, Have we seen MagNB in PVP - I quess a little, but really did it do anything better than stamblade or magsorc respectively.

Sorc has been so all powering in PVE range magicka slots that ppl have gotten used to it. That's how it has always been. Now that something changes it feels wrong and weird. I haven't played much Magblade but definitely leveling one up now and exited to play it. Still sorc is not going anywhere. You still need conduit etc. I also hope that magdk gets on par with some changes so they can be present in raids to apply engulfing and still be effective and important.

My stamblade is also sadisfied with the relentless change (if they change the bugs with it on PTS currently). For the first time they reward skilled play more (U can get more procs with relentless if u play right) and make it overall more accessible for newer player which is always good I guess. I get rewarded for struggling with surv and hardest rotation in the game and don't just to get out dps in some fights with players hitting destro ult and watching their passive skills (pets) do damage.

Overall I'm very glad to see these changes and the way they change the meta slightly. If block cost is looked at in the final update and magdk is fixed. I would say this is a very good update for combat balance. Not to forget everything else amazing in this update.
  • Kolzki
    Kolzki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sweet, so we can slot all of those stam and magika skills at the same time and also magically get major berserk from no where? Hybrids are finally viable!
  • RouDeR
    RouDeR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Population of Scrubblades is just redicilous these days ....
    My Werewolf is getting allergic...
  • xiZeroPointix
    xiZeroPointix
    ✭✭✭

eso_1.png[/quote]
  • xiZeroPointix
    xiZeroPointix
    ✭✭✭
    Nightblades have more buffs than any other class. Double what sorcs have and you want more?
  • actosh
    actosh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OP is just an idiot ^^
  • xiZeroPointix
    xiZeroPointix
    ✭✭✭
    Nb also are the only class with native access to major/minor vitality, berserk and protection...with passives that give extra 10% crit damage not to mention major breech, fracture and defile..............
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The joke.

@xiZeroPointix and @actosh's head
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Amazing how many people failed to catch the sarcasm. :D
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sarcasm noted. Man; the NB hate is on high these days.
  • magictucktuck
    magictucktuck
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    im assuming you [snip] about stamblades in pvp? if not reverse it and you have the same issue for majblades..

major berserk? a nitch build in pve maybe but pvp its useless as it activates after the kill and yeah you could be 2 on one and drop your dots quick but no one will stand in it... that's why we only (sometimes) have poison injection as our only dot.

major protection? no one slots that ulti unless they tank or are still leveling skills

minor vitality? magblade

major vitality? lol have u even seen that ulti used??? i havent, but it could be used on a mageblade healer

minor protection? everyone uses the other cloak morph now

major brutality? that's why we slot 2h because because power siphon is useless in pvp

major expidition? we get that from bow so its only good for mageblade

major sorcery? do i need to say anything?

minor resolve and ward? no one used that morph unless a slow tank.

that leave us with 5 of those buff that are useful to us (kinda) as in pvp the 3 percent from minor savagry is pretty useless.

as for debuffs for a stam blade just defile and fracture, as the others we dont slot the skill or maim from fear we only actually get a second or two from but probably still kinda useful

[Edited to remove profanity]
    Edited by ZOS_KatP on January 26, 2018 5:09PM
    PC-NA

Necromancer

Flawless Conqueror

https://www.magictucktuck.com for my builds and guides!
  • ZOS_KatP
    ZOS_KatP
    ✭✭✭
    Hi all,

Since this isn't terribly constructive and baity, we've decided to close it.

Thanks.
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.