Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

NB healer LVL build

Sirsaker
Sirsaker
Soul Shriven
Hi all just wanting to know if I could get some help. Been wanting to make a NB healer for some time but don't know how to start making him as in race, what weapons to use, where to put points into. If you could help it would be much appreciated many thanks

Best Answers

• Loc2262
    Loc2262
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is this your first healer, and are you planning to do vet content in PvE? If so, my recommendation would be starting with a templar healer. They're more efficient and easier to play, and thus more beginner friendly. :)

Nightblades and Wardens are a bit more challenging, so if you already have experience as a healer, go for it. Just be aware that the Nightblade is missing some group utility skills a templar has (minor fracture/breach through Power of the Light, spears, ritual). They have other skills of course, that are more damage oriented while healing a bit in the process.

A Nightblade healer is primarily good for experienced groups that could mostly run without a healer, in such a group the NB healer can contribute to damage while also providing heals so the DPS don't need to worry that much about self-healing.
    Kind regards,
    Frank
    PC-EU, 12 chars, 900+CP
    Answer ✓
  • RavenSworn
    RavenSworn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't PvP much so I can't help you out in that area. However, have been playing a nb healer to gear him up. Argonian, slightly higher in health than your average healer, with a focus on HoTs (heal over time). My rotation goes about like this: healthy offering - structured entropy - funnel health - mutagen / rapid regeneration - heavy attack rinse and repeat. Haven't done any trials with him but I've cleared vet Hm, both non dlc and dlc.

SPC is an absolute beast on this guy since you will almost always over heal with the stacking of HoTs. I've paired it with combat physician though since the spell crits for this guy can go crazy with funnel health spam. You can give fracture and breach with Reaper's Mark but ultimately, that's the tanks job imo and you wouldn't want to overwrite their debuff. Blue balls (Mystic orbs) for support, combat Prayer for the buffs, healing Ward for damage intensive fights like HoR. For group heals just swap the ward with springs and you are good to go.

Seems quite solid with a downside of no other non-ult instant heal besides combat Prayer. SAP essence to me is... Wasted on a healer and is much better suited for a mag tank. With offering, funnel and rapids up on a player, you can heal upwards of 6k per tick which is really good enough for four man's.
    Ingame: RavenSworn, Pc / NA.

Of Wolf and Raven
    Solo / Casual guild for beginners and new players wanting to join the game. Pst me for invite!
    Answer ✓
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know any builds personally but I can make the following comments.

First understand that a Nightblade healer is not the "best" in the healing area of the game, depending what you intend to be doing at end game you should be aware of this before hand.

Races you want something which gives good Magicka benefits (Breton, Altmer, Dunmer) or better healing output (Argonian).

You're going to need to have a Restoration staff and its abilities, the Nightblade only has limited group healing skills.

Nightblade skills you going to want the Soul Magic skill line as it has their main healing skills.
    Strife morphed into Funnel Health will be your main one (this is a attack which applies a HoT to yourself and allies, just spam this between bigger heals)
    The other healing skill here is a HoT which costs you health to cast, this also buffs you with major mending (upping all your healing output).

Gear sets, will depend on what kind of content you want to run.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Sirsaker
    Sirsaker
    Soul Shriven
    I will be doing mostly pve dungeons with a bit of pvp just to mess about in
  • Azurya
    Azurya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sirsaker wrote: »
    Hi all just wanting to know if I could get some help. Been wanting to make a NB healer for some time but don't know how to start making him as in race, what weapons to use, where to put points into. If you could help it would be much appreciated many thanks

I may highly recommend trying this one here:

http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/lives-the-night-force-nightblade-healer-build/

Started it last night myself, cause having a NB sitting around and doing nothing with it, so tried this build.

as I had no gear, started with jewelry and 2 bodyparts of Healer's Habit Set(cheap to buy at any market) and crafted 2 resto staffs and 4 body parts of Kagrenac's Hope(at the side of the fightersguild, or at home of a buddy) and had 1 monsterpart Troll king around and started
    I went cyrodill, cauze lvling skills goes very fast there, and must say, first impressions are awesome!

Very good healing output, good resource management, though I wasn´t able to switch mundus before turning in. This NB is argonian, so resourcemanagement looks smooth now.
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lamina song is interesting set that could make your experience easier. For some fun try deadric tricky set while levelling up.

While learning the class just use first 3 skills in resto line. Then adjust from there. Lastly I would check mad god stuff on tamerial foundry.They like nightblade version of me. Yes as too say that person is quite passionate.
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Pick a race with a bonus to maximum magicka and/or healing and sustain passives: Breton, High Elf, Argonian or even Dark Elf. While leveling spec as DD, equip a healing staff on front bar, put Funnel Health on a slot, then fill the rest with the skills you want to level: class skills, resto & destro staff ones are priority. Try to mix all 5 Light 1 Medium 1 Heavy while leveling to unlock all important passives for the other types of armor as you level. For leveling gear 5 Armor of the Seducer (feet, legs, chest, waist, hands) 3 Torug's Pact (head, shoulder, staves) in training trait is probably one of the best combos; craft that every 10 levels or so. For end game the sets are about the same as for any class: Spell Power Cure, Healing Mage (aka. Mending), Twilight Remedy, Master Architect (if you use Light's Champion). If you are a newer player and don't have those you can improvise at first with 5 Seducer 5 Healer's Habit (from vDSA, sold on guild traders) and 1 Monster set with maximum magicka or magicka recovery bonus. You'll be using a few class skills: Health Offering, Refreshing Path and Funnel Health, but mostly healing relies on Restoration Staff spells.
    Edited by Asardes on January 26, 2018 12:42PM
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • GimpyPorcupine
    GimpyPorcupine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Everything @Asardes said, although I switch the Seducer's to Julianos once my LA gets high enough to buy the passives for sustain.

I've healed all non-DLC vet dungeons with a NB, and they can be pretty effective because of the Siphoning passive to increase healing done. WIth double-bar resto, I put my HOTs (Mutagen, Healing Springs, Refreshing Path) on one bar, and Combat Prayer, Healing Ward, and my Siphoning abilities (Soul Siphon, Funnel Health, Siphoning Attacks, and Sap Essence) on the other.

You'll need to get Efficient Purge from the Support skill line since you don't have the Templar's Cleansing Ritual.

Most importantly, have fun with it.
    8-hr/day casual gamer on Xbox NA. 20 Characters, all DC, all Level 50. +2400CP
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I pick Seducers due to my particular style of leveling that excludes spending points into sustain passives, and instead spending them all on active skills as they become available, to level as many as those I can until I hit 50. I usually do all class skills and 2 weapon skills, which is ~66 skill points into active skills, basically those you get from tutorial, leveling to 50 plus the one from normal Maelstrom, where I usually level. Once I hit 50 I top it out on dolmens until I have every skill line at 50, and every skill morph to rank IV, then do a complete reset (cheap at this point ~3.3K) and then spend them exactly where I need to go adventuring for quests, shyshards, books etc. At this point my character can wear even the trial gear I have farmed and melt everything, even if it only has a handful of passives :)
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |