Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Possible Exploit to get free Crowns?! Zenimax stop this!

SkyIsTheLimit1206
SkyIsTheLimit1206
✭✭✭
So, I had been browsing around on forum posts around Christmas, and there was a certain post that said that if you sent a message to Zenimax Support you could send crowns or send a crown store item (that charges your current crowns) to a friend. It would take several days to get through, but eventually the friend would get the gift.

That got me thinking, after you buy the game, making accounts is free. So, basically, an exploiter could make several accounts and send all of the crowns to their "main" account. That's about ~$5 saved for the every 1 or 2 minutes creating a fake email and account!

I personally haven't tried this, because 1. I don't want to ruin the game and 2. There might be a chance to get banned. However, many exploiters can use this system to feed crowns without buying!

If this is actually a problem, Zenimax, fix this!

One suggestion would be to make the "gift" system unavailable until you make an in-game crown purchase. That way exploiters can't just swing out free crowns without paying any price. A second suggestion would be to make the starter 500 crowns "ungiftable": These 500 starter crowns may only be used on your account.

I hope this got to Zenimax before people exploited it. Thanks!

P.S. If this is actually not a problem, well, please don't insult me too much, I'm rather new to this game.
With strength and intelligence comes hard work.

Which is why not a lot of people are strong nor intelligent.
  • FloppyTouch
    FloppyTouch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This will break the game! All those b2w outfits will destroy the balance in pvp. We must put a stop to this before everyone is OP in a wedding dress!
  • SkyIsTheLimit1206
    SkyIsTheLimit1206
    ✭✭✭
    This will break the game! All those b2w outfits will destroy the balance in pvp. We must put a stop to this before everyone is OP in a wedding dress!

Don't know if you are trolling or not, but people will get access to DLCs for free (and yes, cosmetics) and Zenimax won't make any money of them.
    With strength and intelligence comes hard work.

Which is why not a lot of people are strong nor intelligent.
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Edited by DoctorESO on September 23, 2018 1:13AM
  • FloppyTouch
    FloppyTouch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Don't know if you are trolling or not, but people will get access to DLCs for free (and yes, cosmetics) and Zenimax won't make any money of them.

Crap DLC too! This destroys the balance in pve too please ZOS can we get a fix before it’s too late!

@ZOS_GinaBruno
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, one, I highly doubt being able to send Crowns to another account via a Customer Support inquiry is actually a thing, and two, I'm pretty sure if it were, ZOS would notice all these different accounts requesting to send Crowns to the same person.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • FloppyTouch
    FloppyTouch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    DoctorESO wrote: »
    This type of scam will likely be detected when so many new accounts are sending their crowns to the same recipient.

Look at the bright side in a few weeks we will have 20mil players!
  • SaintSubwayy
    SaintSubwayy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, I had been browsing around on forum posts around Christmas, and there was a certain post that said that if you sent a message to Zenimax Support you could send crowns or send a crown store item (that charges your current crowns) to a friend. It would take several days to get through, but eventually the friend would get the gift.

That got me thinking, after you buy the game, making accounts is free. So, basically, an exploiter could make several accounts and send all of the crowns to their "main" account. That's about ~$5 saved for the every 1 or 2 minutes creating a fake email and account!

I personally haven't tried this, because 1. I don't want to ruin the game and 2. There might be a chance to get banned. However, many exploiters can use this system to feed crowns without buying!

If this is actually a problem, Zenimax, fix this!

One suggestion would be to make the "gift" system unavailable until you make an in-game crown purchase. That way exploiters can't just swing out free crowns without paying any price. A second suggestion would be to make the starter 500 crowns "ungiftable": These 500 starter crowns may only be used on your account.

I hope this got to Zenimax before people exploited it. Thanks!

P.S. If this is actually not a problem, well, please don't insult me too much, I'm rather new to this game.

I highly doubt that this would work without even logging into the account first. Which isnt possible, since the game hasent been bought for the "new" account.

1 Account needs to have purchased the game to even be able to login. So just buying it once and create more accounts would not make them playable.

PC EU
    vAA HM / vHRC HM / vSO HM / vMoL HM / vHoF HM / vAS HM / vCR HM / vSS HM / vKA HM

Flawless Conqueror / Immortal Redeemer / Dawnbringer / Griphon Heart / Master Angler / Spirit Slayer

• Niobium
    Niobium
    ✭✭✭✭
    That got me thinking, after you buy the game, making accounts is free.

Every account you make requires you to have purchased a key to play it. Whether you subscribe or not is irrelevant. Every individual account MUST have purchased the game.

If you want to buy the game multiple times and subscribe in order to get crowns in order to gift those crowns back to your main account, that's up to you. You PAID for it. There's no exploit.
    Edited by Niobium on January 26, 2018 5:22AM
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For everyone saying you have to buy the game for each account, that's not strictly true on console. Multiple game logins can be made per license.

To the OP, don't worry about it I assure, there's nothing Zeni protects as much as crown purchases and items. They will let the entire game go to pot before they will let a possible exploit for free crowns happen.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Niobium
    Niobium
    ✭✭✭✭
    Reverb wrote: »
    For everyone saying you have to buy the game for each account, that's not strictly true on console. Multiple game logins can be made per license.

That's interesting to know, I run on PC so was unaware that console was different in this regard.

So.. if you make a second login for the game - does it automatically come with a bunch of crowns without any additional purchase of subscription time etc? How many logins can be made under the one license?
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lel
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The game isn't free. They'd have to buy the game in order to get those 500 crowns.

Edited by SydneyGrey on January 26, 2018 6:16AM
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This gotta be a troll
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm pretty sure that the 500 crowns only goes to the first account that redeemed the game code, even on console.

But you can't gift crowns, either, as they're a license not a currency. You can only ask support to gift a crown store item already existing on your account, or ask support to use the crowns in your account to buy a limited item for yourself if you're going to be away during its timeframe.

As it's apparent that a little misinformation can lead to a good deal of paranoia, perhaps create a thread asking for clarification before laying out strategy for battles that don't need to be fought.
    signing off