Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Turn towns in Cyrodil into battlegrounds!

WildRaptorX
WildRaptorX
✭✭✭✭✭
You can place walls around towns like Bruma from the rest the Cyrodil for some enclosed PVP. Obviously have a limit to about 30 players and whoever wins gets to keep the town until someone takes it back over. Still keep Daedra and alliance NPCs though. This would be an extra fun mini game and would also created less zerging which people seem to hate and lag around keeps because of less players.
This creates smaller scale pvp and can have things like, survival mode, last ones to survive a wave of Daedra wins the town, capture the flag where you have to get your three (or two can’t remember) flags into the allocated positions currently on live to capture the town. Straight up PVP. And much more.
How they are currently is cool and I appreciate your work it was a positive move for the game, but now it only takes 1 person to take over the town and no one really bothers with it unless they’re travelling past.

Just a suggestion. Feel free guys to comment and add your own ideas
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We already have battlegrounds which offer this kind of PvP though, Cyrodiil is better left as a sandbox PvP area and just have ZOS work some more on server demands lagging it out as well as finding ways to spread the fights.

End of the day though there isn't going to be a fix to zerging or lag because it's player mentality to go where the fights are and to bring more people to fight with.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Knootewoot
    Knootewoot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No, i like open world PvP. If the towns are enclosed by a wall limited to an amount of players the scale of the game diminishes even further. Already there are to many "zones" and loading screens, even for caves.

Keep paws of Cyrrodill
    ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
    "I am a nightblade. Blending the disciplines of the stealthy agent and subtle wizard, I move unseen and undetected, foil locks and traps, and teleport to safety when threatened, or strike like a viper from ambush. The College of Illusion hides me and fuddles or pacifies my opponents. The College of Mysticism detects my object, reflects and dispels enemy spells, and makes good my escape. The key to a nightblade's success is avoidance, by spell or by stealth; with these skills, all things are possible."