The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

This is gonna be kinda nice

MurderMostFoul
MurderMostFoul
✭✭✭✭✭
Battlegrounds
Increased the Alliance Point rewards for your team’s placement in Battlegrounds. This equates to the following:
100% increase in AP if your team comes in first place, or a new total of 12,000 AP
175% increase in AP if your team comes in second place, or a new total of 11,000 AP
400% increase in AP if your team comes in third place, or a new total of 10,000 AP

So, currently we have:
6000 AP if your team comes in first place,
4000 AP if your team comes in second place, and
2000 AP if your team comes in third place.

Assuming a even distribution of placements, the overall AP increase is 175%, nearly tripling AP gains! Not bad.
Look out for a hell of a lot more rewards for the worthy blue vendor trash.
“There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    errr...

Battlegrounds
    Reduced the rewards for finishing in second place to 10000 AP, and third place to 7000 AP.

• VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You'll get more AP from losing a match than from taking a lightly defended keep in Cyrodiil. Since 12K is a very good O-tick, you'll probably get more for winning than from taking a well-defended keep in Cyrodiil.
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You'll get more AP from losing a match than from taking a lightly defended keep in Cyrodiil. Since 12K is a very good O-tick, you'll probably get more for winning than from taking a well-defended keep in Cyrodiil.

Hopefully this will draw some players over to the real PvP
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

BGs been lit on Xbox NA though, the issue is pre-mades vs solo. There are very few solo people that don’t quit after a few matches against pre-mades
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Sure. I'm all for hoping that it brings more players to Battlegrounds, but...

Oh, wait, I forgot that my solo, small scale, 1v1, 1vX, Xv1,ganking, bombing, organized raid v zerg experience in Cyrodiil, doesn't actually involve real PVP. Thanks for the reminder.

Clearly, I should come to Battlegrounds for a rousing match of, what's that, capture the flag?

I'm not complaining about the increased rewards for Battlegrounds. I think its the right decision and a good way to get people into BGs given that low population is causing half the problems in BGs. However, I'm terribly amused by calling it "real PVP" as if 4v4v4 is somehow the only place one can find actual player vs player combat.
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh, wait, I forgot that my solo, small scale, 1v1, 1vX, Xv1,ganking, bombing, organized raid v zerg experience in Cyrodiil, doesn't actually involve real PVP. Thanks for the reminder.

Clearly, I should come to Battlegrounds for a rousing match of, what's that, capture the flag?

I'm not complaining about the increased rewards for Battlegrounds. I think its the right decision and a good way to get people into BGs given that low population is causing half the problems in BGs. However, I'm terribly amused by calling it "real PVP" as if 4v4v4 is somehow the only place one can find actual player vs player combat.

Sorry, I left a little bait. There's legit PvP in both modes, BGs and Horse Simulator. :wink:
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Sorry, I left a little bait. There's legit PvP in both modes, BGs and Horse Simulator. :wink:

Gotta love the Horse Simulator. :smiley:
  • gabormezo
    gabormezo
    ✭✭✭
    errr...

Battlegrounds
    Reduced the rewards for finishing in second place to 10000 AP, and third place to 7000 AP.

What did you expect? They usually make great changes on PTS then slowly *** that up until that gets released.