The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

A question for ZOS about crown crate mounts

ShdwMstr
ShdwMstr
Recently I purchased $400 worth of crowns and used it all on crown crates (175+ total), I was trying to get the Shadow Senche mount. Out of all of the crown crates I received, I only got one mount (Ice wolf) which I already had. I get that there are "rare" mounts.... however it also seems to me like there should be a system to buy "rare mounts" with crowns or at least crown gems. What I think is wrong with the current system is that for $400 USD there is no way to get the 1 item I was looking for.... not with crown gems, crowns, trading, gold, etc.... even if the "rare mounts" were something like 10,000 crown gems.... at least it would seem somewhat obtainable...

ZOS, is there any thoughts to making these rare items available in any manner other than RNG/luck via crown crates? I am not advocating paying to level up or to receive an item that gives you an advantage over other players.... I am talking about strictly cosmetic items, like rare mounts.

• Lake
    Lake
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    According to the Crown Crate Tracker spreadsheet, out of 11,397 Flame crates, 4 were the Shadow Atronach Senche Mount (0.04%).

So if you bought 1,000 crates, you'd have roughly a 30% chance of obtaining it. If you got 4,000 crates, you'd have a healthy 80% chance. 175 is not nearly enough crates. :p

So yes, I agree. The numbers are too ridic.
    Edited by Lake on January 21, 2018 8:11PM
  • Eatmyface
    Eatmyface
    ✭✭✭
    You should have read the story about the dude trying to get the ugly glowing green horse. Pretty sure he spent triple that.
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Edited by DoctorESO on September 23, 2018 12:52AM
  • Catsmoke14
    Catsmoke14
    ✭✭✭
    Seems like Lake is correct. The probability of pulling a shadow senche mount from one crate is 0.0004.

To have a 0.8 probability of getting at least one shadow senche mount a person must open "k" crates where:

k*log(0.9996) = log(0.2) dispensing with the inequality for simplicity. Solve for k.

argument from math.stackexchange.com.

Also true, the numbers are ridic.
  • ShdwMstr
    ShdwMstr
    Edbudd...... I love the mathematical solution, thank you.... thanks to everyone who responded.... I am still disappointed and want that mount hahaha.
  • lazerlaz
    lazerlaz
    ✭✭✭
    Do you know who is not disappointed? ZOS lol

Their money suck is working as intended.

It's disgusting.
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ShdwMstr wrote: »
    Recently I purchased $400 worth of crowns and used it all on crown crates (175+ total), I was trying to get the Shadow Senche mount. Out of all of the crown crates I received, I only got one mount (Ice wolf) which I already had. I get that there are "rare" mounts.... however it also seems to me like there should be a system to buy "rare mounts" with crowns or at least crown gems. What I think is wrong with the current system is that for $400 USD there is no way to get the 1 item I was looking for.... not with crown gems, crowns, trading, gold, etc.... even if the "rare mounts" were something like 10,000 crown gems.... at least it would seem somewhat obtainable...

ZOS, is there any thoughts to making these rare items available in any manner other than RNG/luck via crown crates? I am not advocating paying to level up or to receive an item that gives you an advantage over other players.... I am talking about strictly cosmetic items, like rare mounts.

Yea thats why I didnt buy more then 30 crates, becasue there is such a low chance to get it, if we could buy radiant mounts for 2000 gems or even 5000gems, there would be a max limit and Id be more inclined to buy enough crates to actually get the mount Im aiming for. But alas...

PC EU
    PvP only
  • Dragath
    Dragath
    ✭✭✭✭
    the rare mounts are just bait, don't expect to get any of them.
  • monktoasty
    monktoasty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why would they make them purchasable with gems when people have no issues spending thousands of dollars to try to get it randomay

Maybe if you stopped supporting loot crates..they would be forced to just place it directly for sale