The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Artisan's Cottage

milkbox
milkbox
✭✭✭✭✭
The Witches' Cottage may be my favorite house, so far. High object count + small space allows for a lot of detail (400 for ESO+, and I still have 45 slots left). I robbed most of my other houses to collect all of my favorite things in one place- there's a lot of gold, crowns and time in here.

The biggest downside to the cottage is all the swaying weeds, so I built 2 platforms out of the new clockwork building materials to hide them. I also found the look of most of the crafting stations to be too "rough" compared to other furniture, so they all got stuck outside.

I hope we'll see more detail furnishings in the coming year (I'd kill for a paintbrush and palette!) and new houses with an equally good space-to-slots ratio.

Feel free to stop by in-game, anytime- @milkbox on PC/NA. Thanks for looking!

Entry
C7nbaBgl.png

Exterior
XzMIb8Bl.png

Enchanting
AajCX3Ql.png

Kitchen
ki11NYql.png

Parlor
z5UBWVNl.png

Mixology
Y2o19rVl.png

Painting
W8kaACwl.png

Easel detail
sIAqMIQl.png

Doorway
ZVDZK55l.png

Forge & Woodworking
k7Novn5l.png

Clothier & Alchemy platform
jAPKAvkl.png

Clothing & Alchemy detail
vuvC6Fwl.png
  • Arciris
    Arciris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This looks so lovely! The entrance is spectacular, gives such a welcome feeling, great job :)
  • anadandy
    anadandy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This is fantastic - what a great job! The painting corner is inspired.

Can I ask what the little tiny statue is in the "Mixology" - it looks like the Breton grave watcher achievement furnishing but its so small!
  • milkbox
    milkbox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The statue is "Breton Figure, Stone". You can pick one up for 4-5K in guild stores, or if you're on PC/NA, I'd be happy to make you one!
  • anadandy
    anadandy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    milkbox wrote: »
    The statue is "Breton Figure, Stone". You can pick one up for 4-5K in guild stores, or if you're on PC/NA, I'd be happy to make you one!

That would be so incredible! I will send you whatever mats you need - thank you from the bottom of my Breton furnishing loving heart :) ID same as forum name.
  • milkbox
    milkbox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @anadandy- in your mail. Enjoy!
  • Rouven
    Rouven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks very lived in, awesome. Is the lamp for your painting crafted?
    Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time. ~ Terry Pratchett
  • milkbox
    milkbox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's the "Clockwork Illuminator, Personal Desk". I don't know the praxis for that, but pre-made it's common in guild stores for 8-12k.
  • Rouven
    Rouven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    milkbox wrote: »
    It's the "Clockwork Illuminator, Personal Desk". I don't know the praxis for that, but pre-made it's common in guild stores for 8-12k.

Thanks!
    Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time. ~ Terry Pratchett
  • Hrogun
    Hrogun
    ✭✭✭
    I love what you've done with the place.
    PC EU
    Healer
  • ValoAven
    ValoAven
    ✭✭
    I love it! I've only seen 'spooky' versions of this house. Yours looks so nice. :)
  • menedhyn
    menedhyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great detail, bags of character and interest. What a fantastic home.
    'Pure rains make sweet rivers'
  • logarifmik
    logarifmik
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A great job you have done with this hut, now it looks very cozy! I like how full of details your place is. It something I trying to accomplish in my Ravenhurst. Another suitable for such detailed work house by the way — Ravenhurst. ;)
    EU PC: @logarifmik | Languages: Русский, English
    Dimitri Frernis | Breton Sorcerer | Damage Dealer | Daggerfall Covenant
    Scales-of-Ice | Argonian Warden | Tank / Healer | Daggerfall Covenant
  • Yolokin_Swagonborn
    Yolokin_Swagonborn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree this house is the sweetspot for decoration. I was on extended vacation from the game when this came out so unfortunately I didn't pick one up.
  • FloppyTouch
    FloppyTouch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Very well done!

I just use my for storage but you just inspired me to do something with it!

• DieAlteHexe
    DieAlteHexe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm still kicking myself for not buying this when I could. Now, having seen this, I'm going to need to kick harder.

Well done!

Dirty, filthy casual aka Nancy, the Wallet Warrior Carebear Potato Whale Snowflake
  • Ostacia
    Ostacia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fantastic! What are those two little golf club looking things you used to hold up the painting in the "Easel Detail" pic? Thanks and well done! Add another to the list that wishes she would've bought this when she had the chance!
    PC/ NA
    Imagination is the real and eternal world of which this vegetable universe is but a faint shadow. -- William Blake
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    House looks wonderful in the screenshots. I will have to look at it in game tonight.

Good Job
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• duendology
    duendology
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, so, so well done! :D
    PC/NA
    - Redguard StamBlade dps ["bowtard" crafty girl who likes spinning with daggers too.]
    - Breton SorcMag dps [She's got an identity crisis, but I believe in her.]
    - Dunmer Templar dps/healer [she's a healer, then again she likes inferno staff too...]
    And..
    - High Elf SorcMag dps [It's quite possible his daddy was a Nord.]

I am an old-fashioned Goth
  • milkbox
    milkbox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fantastic! What are those two little golf club looking things you used to hold up the painting in the "Easel Detail" pic? Thanks and well done! Add another to the list that wishes she would've bought this when she had the chance!

Those are 2 "Clockwork Crank, Miniature"- I think both of them dropped from fabricants when CWC first launched.
  • Ostacia
    Ostacia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ah HA! Thanks! ^
    PC/ NA
    Imagination is the real and eternal world of which this vegetable universe is but a faint shadow. -- William Blake
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow! I was already amazed then your "painting" picture just blew me away! Very well done!
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Cloudtrader
    Cloudtrader
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What a lovely, cozy-looking house! Good job.
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wow! I'm amazed at how cozy and non-witchy you've made it. I haven't done anything with mine yet, though I did hang the carcasses from the luxury vendor in there. I've got a few odd pieces here and there, basically just storing them there. I had an idea for making it into a Wyrd home, but just having it be a cozy cottage works great.

If you didn't catch it in the PTS patch notes, they are removing the invisible ceiling in the hut, so that the loft space is available to create a second floor. If you haven't used up all your slots, you could do a nice cozy bedroom loft.

One of these days, I'll get around to decorating this house, but I've been trying to get Amaya Lake Lodge, Ald Velothi, Tel Galen, and Velothi Reverie finished first.