The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

The store

Hbajir
Hbajir
Soul Shriven
I think the items in the store have become WAY too expensive. I've seen a chair go from 250 to 1000 (just because its part of a new DLC) Why? I'm sure ESO has realized by now that housing is becoming a gold mine for them. This is not to mention armor/weps etc. People want stuff...How many crowns have you bought so far this month? You paid real money for them...and then just gave them back!
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hbajir wrote: »
    I've seen a chair go from 250 to 1000 (just because its part of a new DLC) Why?

If you're talking about PTS, all furnishings costs are based on their quality:

white/non-exclusive green: 10 crowns
    exclusive green: 50 crowns
    blue: 100 crowns
    purple: 400 crowns
    yellow: 1000 crowns

These tiers do not reflect actual Live server prices.
    signing off
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Odd the new costumes are what, 500 and 700 crowns. Pretty cheap. They post things across various price points.

Granted, cheap to one person is pricey to another and we all want to be able to afford whatever we want.
  • Orticia
    Orticia
    ✭✭✭✭
    I simply calculate what the chair (or whatever) costs in real money for me (since all crowns are real money). And when a digital furniture starts to come in the same ballpark as a cheap real life ikea chair... I roll my eyes and just move on and do without the pixels. Sure some people might find them worth it with their budget. All the luck to them, hope they enjoy it. But I agree that store prices for what you get are way out of whack for me. There is very little in the store worth it's price to me personally. So I simply pretend it isn't there and judge the game on what's left.
    Edited by Orticia on January 21, 2018 11:37AM
  • Easily_Lost
    Easily_Lost
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You ask how many Crowns I bought this month.
    1) I have ESO+ so I receive 1,500 Crowns per month
    2) I only but Crowns when they go on sale. Then I stock up.
    PC - NA - AD
    started April 2015
    PVE & Solo only

Meet the LOST family: CP 1250+
    Easily Lost Crafter - lvl 50 - Sorcerer Orc ( knows all traits and most styles )
    Easily Lost-W - lvl 50 - Warden Imperial
    Forever Lost - lvl 50 Sorcerer

CROWN CRATES: It doesn't affect gameplay, it's not mandatory, it's cosmetic only. If it helps to support the game and ZOS, I support it! Say YES to crown crates.
  • GoonyGoat
    GoonyGoat
    ✭✭✭✭
    You ask how many Crowns I bought this month.
    1) I have ESO+ so I receive 1,500 Crowns per month
    2) I only but Crowns when they go on sale. Then I stock up.

ESO+ is about 15$ a month so not really much cheaper than buying outright (please excuse my maths), but I do exactly the same as you :)