The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Will Sony or Microsoft ever allow Zenimax-endorsed addons?

Galenus_of_Pergamon
What if Zenimax bought the ten best 3rd party add-ons, submitted them for certification, and then they were allowed on consoles?

The PS4 NA market prices have the stability of the Wright brothers' first plane.

Ask ten people the average market value of an item and expect at least 6-7 widely varying answers. Sigh.

Might have to start playing on Mac again even though I GM three guilds on console.
14 AD Characters all 730CP+ (more info coming soon)

Vivat Veritas
  • chozo_echo
    chozo_echo
    Soul Shriven
    im gonna say no due to the memory constraints
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would say no. Mostly because add-ons are not vetted in the same way as Bethesda's mods (from my understanding) and a lot of add-on are very open user code reading from the API.

Maybe Microsoft, but pretty sure Sony would never let it happen.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hope not. Consoles are fine without the growing plague of Add On nonsense.

Base game improvements for all, fine, but battle of the Add On does not interest me.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Aaskereija
    Aaskereija
    Soul Shriven
    Well, we can mod skyrim on konsoles, i would be happy if one day its possible for ESO too
  • Dasovaruilos
    Dasovaruilos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS would probrably need to just make the add-ons themselves and either integrate on the base game (like they did, in a ceratin way, with a bunch of addons or pieces of addons) or sell them as account upgrades.

I don't think Microsoft or Sony would block this. I think, in this case, ZOS itself won't want to bother with a fully fleshed out add-on system like Skyrim or Fallout.

And to be honest, we console players just need Combat Metrics and a few others are actually just UI upgrades.

I would for sure pay a ton of Crowns/Money if Combat Metrics was made available on Xbox, in any way, shape or form...
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I expect that Creation Club will worm its way into ESO, and that will herald a new era of paying for quality of life updates.
    Edited by Elsonso on December 18, 2017 5:51PM
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Defilted
    Defilted
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Better thing for ZOS to do is look at the addons on the PC and then deploy GUI changes to consoles. Zos does not even have to come up with the ideas as others have already done it. They just have to code it.

I would rather addons not be on console. Miats alone makes me not want addons anywhere near XBOX ESO. I like the game without addons. Makes the game harder as you do not have addons telling you how to play the game and when to click buttons.

Yes there are good addons for Skyshards and lorebooks and things you have to repeat several times over with different characters.
    XBOX NA
    XBOX Series X

#NightmareBear
  • Croblasta
    Croblasta
    If you have add ons for console Fallout, what’s the reason you can’t for ESO?
  • majulook
    majulook
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Croblasta wrote: »
    If you have add ons for console Fallout, what’s the reason you can’t for ESO?

Are not the console add-ons are officially from the game maker?
    Edited by majulook on December 18, 2017 6:34PM
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Beardimus wrote: »

Base game improvements for all, fine, but battle of the Add On does not interest me.

Yeah no. Just because you have absolute bull***$* like Miat's or doesn't mean that consoles don't need addons.

Combat Metrics and Srendarr are very much needed.
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • Durete
    Durete
    ✭✭
    I would love to see some basic improvements to the consoles, namely:

- Modifiable Dot/buff timers
    - A better Guild trader system, i'm never using guild traders on the xbox simply because you can't look for words.
    - better UI (Nameplates, health bar, magicka/stamina bars etc.)

But then again console has a lot more basic problems to solve first...
    like the 5 minute loading screens every time you respawn or travel in cyrodiil.

• jnelson1182
    jnelson1182
    ✭✭
    It would definitely be cool if we were able to use add-ons on an Xbox one, maybe not too many that it slows down game play or anything but just the most common add-ons would be enough. Ive played both console gaming as well as pc gaming and add-ons is one thing I think makes playing certain games on pc a little bit better than the console version. I understand that this would probably create some storage space issues for some people playing on consoles but that's why they are optional, if you don't got the space and don't wanna free it up well all I can say is enjoy playing without the app or buy external storage like I did. I have 500gb console plus external Xbox hdd to save games n thinks like that and on top of that I also use a 500gb hdd out of an old laptop, that I just plug in via USB same as Xbox external storage, to save movies, pictures, or anything else that the system allows me to send there.
    * Maccb- Level 50 DragonKnight- Fire mage type build/ BSW body, Valkyn Skoria mister set, & Willpower Jewelry/Random Flame/Lightning/Reston STAFF's
    **MBF**
  • Cavedog
    Cavedog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Play on PC. It's the platform the game was designed for, and a game box will NEVER measure up to a PC.
  • jnelson1182
    jnelson1182
    ✭✭
    Cavedog wrote: »
    Play on PC. It's the platform the game was designed for, and a game box will NEVER measure up to a PC.

I agree that consoles will never measure up to pc gaming, at least when it comes to some games especially ones similar to eso. I wish I could play eso on my pc but I currently got rid of my traditional desktop as well as my laptop, ATM I have a Microsoft Surface, they are great for doing everything I used pc's for except gaming, I don't think I would be able to download eso on this. one other down side to the surface is it only lets u get apps from the Microsoft Store which is more like the apple store when it comes to apps rather than Google Play.
    * Maccb- Level 50 DragonKnight- Fire mage type build/ BSW body, Valkyn Skoria mister set, & Willpower Jewelry/Random Flame/Lightning/Reston STAFF's
    **MBF**
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only way your going to get Addons for the consoles is if ZOS finally decides to give the Consoles a good UI so that you don't need addons. They have made some strides in this regard, but they are still woefully short, in particular the Quality of Life aspects of the UI.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• method__01
    method__01
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    just give console the master merchant,searching guild traders its a terrible,time consuming experience
    Srendarr and maybe dressing room also but i'll be happy for change trader function first
    PC EU/NA /// PS4 EU/NA

• jnelson1182
    jnelson1182
    ✭✭
    I'd be happy if they added just the simple lil add-on that puts the group raid bars up even tho we have a slight version built in when grouped up. At least getting one easy add-on would be progress
    **MBF**
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Edited by DoctorESO on September 22, 2018 7:45PM
  • Finaldeath
    Finaldeath
    ✭✭
    Microsoft already allows mods for Skyrim Special Edition and Fallout 4 so if Bethesda/Zenimax approached Microsoft about it they would probably let them add support for it. Sony on the other hand i doubt will support it and if they do they will have the same limitations the other games have which makes mod support pretty much pointless.
    Edited by Finaldeath on January 19, 2018 12:40PM
  • Twenty0zTsunami
    Twenty0zTsunami
    ✭✭✭✭
    Beardimus wrote: »

lol what a joke.