Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The PlayStation™ Network service interruption has been resolved. Thank you for your patience.

Enter the Wyrd Tree

radiostar
radiostar
✭✭✭✭✭
Anyone have the English of the instructions on the fight? Or what are the Guardians helping by?
"Billions upon Billions of Stars"
  • xeNNNNN
    xeNNNNN
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    right, when you see one of the guardians glowing that means that the boss is charging his main attack which does a lot of damage.

once you see one of them glow, run straight towards them and stand next to them as quick as you can and they will shield you from all damage.

in other words you take no damage from his heavy attack while they are glowing and you are next to them :)

just keep doing that and attack him in between and you will beat him :) hope this helps.
    Ah, e-communities - the "pinnacle" of the internet............yeah, right.
  • Snakebite6x6x6
    I wish I had known that. I died so many times trying to kill him... I would get him down to a sliver of hp...and he would kill me.

Eventually, by downing a fortify health food, followed by a crit-hit potion...and having my ultimate filled I was able to brute force my way through... I had to chug a health potion in the midst, and my cleave attack shield buff was a life saver.

I love this game.
    Edited by Snakebite6x6x6 on April 6, 2014 4:51AM
  • lleddy0804
    lleddy0804
    Soul Shriven
    When I see them glow I run to them, but my character is running slow and cannot make it. I guess he is hitting me with a slow-down, but how to get around this? Any ideas?
  • Sihnfahl
    Sihnfahl
    ✭✭✭✭
    There are CC breaks if you hold down both mouse buttons, if I recall.
  • crislevin
    crislevin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lol, great, I died a few times, then I just wait until my ultimate is charged and summoned a atronach to cut him down.

Not everybody speaks German, and that fast, you know.
  • lleddy0804
    lleddy0804
    Soul Shriven
    hmmm... cc breakers is a good idea, I had forgotten to use it on basically.. everything..lol. Unfortunately I don't have a atronach, haven't tried my pet though.lol
  • steveb16_ESO46
    steveb16_ESO46
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I found that the secret was to have enough stamina for a couple of forward rolls to get you to their safety.
  • Beryl
    Beryl
    ✭✭✭
    Does anyone have a problem here with NPCs giving no protection at all? I can reach them during the big attack, I tried running behind, standing really close, clicking on them... I am always oneshotted by the boss no matter how close I come to the guardians.

Any help would be appreciated.

Update: a simple relog fixed the healing abilities of the guardians. Should have tried it earlier.
    Edited by Beryl on May 2, 2014 9:14PM
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Es ist einen guten quest, nein? ;)

"A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle
  • blariog
    blariog
    Doesn't work for me. EIther I go next to the glowing guardian and then killed or I go (or crouch) to it and suddenly it stops glowing - killed.
    An absolutely frustrating quest.