The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Should All Costumes Be Reversable!?! (pics)

Radiance
Radiance
✭✭✭✭✭
With the recent Argonian 2 piece Swimsuit costumes being released, I've noticed some recurring complaints about Costumes not being tailored to fit the wearers body. Specifically Male designated Armor looks Bulky on Females while, Female stuff can be rather revealing and unflattering on men. There are certain Male Styles that change to cover women's Chest so Why shouldn't there be a Gender reversal for each style!? The same argument could be used for Polymorphs, Race-Based Hairstyles and Accessories that can only be used on Argonian/Kahjiit, Why not make them adapt to the wearer instead of nickel and diming Race-Specific Accessories...
Just using a few with minor variations for Example...
Seducer
2q06qfd.png
Golden Saint
vndrmg.png
Elven Hero
29vc75k.png
Edited by Radiance on January 22, 2018 3:03PM

Should All Costumes Be Reversable!?! (pics) 66 votes

Yaaass!!!
71%
nexxus_ESOMalakorPhilhypeLadyAstrumDarkstorneBleakravenRadianceLivvycamelliaStreegaAdernathMielikkiTankHealz2015esp1992MythicEmperorFischblutMercTheMageAthymhormiaGreasytenguMarabornwingrion 47 votes
No, ...
28%
AcrolasSkuaixieRebElsonsoEasily_LostnotimetocareFerrumnCutemmmogamerpersonBlazingDynamoSkeletalkkKrawchiiMuz86DonariFakeFoxGaunterODimLiving_DedSisterGoatSgtmeg 19 votes
  • Donari
    Donari
    ✭✭✭✭
    No, ...
    I find it refreshing that the garb doesn't magically change to suit the gender in this game. That doesn't mean I enjoy some of the odd distortions it causes; today on PTS I previewed pretty much every chest piece on my Altmer sorcerer. While she is somewhat buxom, the ballooning of her chest with many pieces was bizarre. But a smooth curved breastplate shouldn't suddenly become a thin strappy lacy thing just because a woman puts it on.

Now, I can see an argument for *both* genders being able to hide the chest part of a two piece outfit, with their racial undies showing instead. (Preferably dyeable undies at that point).

And if you mean optionally "reversable" (I think you meant dimorphic there based on context), so that either gender can don either version *without freakish body distortion* then my "no" becomes a "yes."
  • Stovahkiin
    Stovahkiin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Not all, but I’m definately not against at least some of them having this feature
    Beware the battle cattle, but don't *fear* the battle cattle!
  • Sgtmeg
    Sgtmeg
    ✭✭✭
    No, ...
    I much prefer being able to wear "male" armors on my female knights, and I have a really fun rp character that wears burly man armor on missions and fancy dresses at rest. Being able to cross dress is a fairly unique feature and I'd be pretty sad to see it gone.
  • Radiance
    Radiance
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yaaass!!!
    There are many who Either Only Play Female Characters or Strictly Male character, rendering half of what comes into the cash shop completely useless by their standards, so this could help generate some revenue,
    I'm not saying the Change needs to Be drastic, all it takes is slight changes to make things more Unisex Friendly.
    Many Shirtless Styles intended for males have an Added Chest Piece to Keep from exposing her bare breasts...
    Nordic Bather's Towel
    25z6upv.png
    Pirate Swap/First Mate
    binnuo.png
    Dark Shaman
    ws69on.png
    There were 2 bare-chested Male, Argonian Costumes (I don't have pics of) that had added chest pieces when worn by Females
    So why shouldn't there be the opposite for Styles intended for Females when worn by Males?
    Edited by Radiance on January 22, 2018 2:57PM
  • LadyAstrum
    LadyAstrum
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yaaass!!!
    I feel this system is a little unfair to the (I don't even know the correct terminology) men who don't cross-dress. Females can wear male-style outfits, cross-dressing males can wear female outfits, but males who just want to wear a male-style outfit version finds themselves out of luck much of the time. I wish, you could just choose which version you want to wear. So there is a male/female version of each outfit, but you can choose which you char wears. On females a bare-chest outfit would just show their bikini-type bra underneath.
    ~ "You think me brutish? How do you imagine I view you?" - Molag Bal #misunderstood ~
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yaaass!!!
    Edited by DoctorESO on September 23, 2018 12:53AM
  • Radiance
    Radiance
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yaaass!!!
    Just a quick edit to give better insight...
    Egg-Sister Bias-Cut Casual Wear
    bey4cy.png
    If you put your hand over the middle one, the clear difference makes them look good together.
    Edited by Radiance on January 22, 2018 3:30PM
  • Orticia
    Orticia
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yaaass!!!
    Well not all. The dresses can stay dresses only for all i care. They are completely female attire (men who like to wear female attire by all means do. i won;'t judge you. All fine by me). They are not shaped as robes, but true dresses, not possible unisex with added top. So would need a complete redesign.

But in stuff like the egg sister thing... then yes. Just taking off the chest bit like in the picture above would not be to much of a problem i hope for ZoS. it's not even fully redesigning or adding something. It is simply taking something off without the need to change anything that is left. Quite a few costumes might have been a buy for me like the one above if it didn't have the clearly ment for females top (as really they are bra shaped) on a male toon. Making it usable for more characters. A kilt wear, showing off tattoos without wearing a bra.
    Edited by Orticia on January 21, 2018 10:22AM
  • Easily_Lost
    Easily_Lost
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, ...
    If I would have seen the pics above ( with edited picture ), I would have voted yes.
    PC - NA - AD
    started April 2015
    PVE & Solo only

Meet the LOST family: CP 1250+
    Easily Lost Crafter - lvl 50 - Sorcerer Orc ( knows all traits and most styles )
    Easily Lost-W - lvl 50 - Warden Imperial
    Forever Lost - lvl 50 Sorcerer

CROWN CRATES: It doesn't affect gameplay, it's not mandatory, it's cosmetic only. If it helps to support the game and ZOS, I support it! Say YES to crown crates.
  • Radiance
    Radiance
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yaaass!!!
    Orticia wrote: »
    Just taking off the chest bit like in the picture above would not be to much of a problem i hope for ZoS. it's not even fully redesigning or adding something. It is simply taking something off without the need to change anything that is left. Quite a few costumes might have been a buy for me like the one above if it didn't have the clearly ment for females top (as really they are bra shaped) on a male toon. Making it usable for more characters. A kilt wear, showing off tattoos without wearing a bra.

@Orticia How about this one?
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

Lizardly Four-Fabric Skirt Set[Male]
    nxrjeu.png
    Edited by Radiance on January 22, 2018 3:31PM
  • Orticia
    Orticia
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yaaass!!!
    Prefer the first one, the egg sister one, but basically yes the same goes. much more value if it would have your edited version for males instead of what it is now.
  • MercTheMage
    MercTheMage
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yaaass!!!
    I would actually buy it then. MAKE THIS A THING ZOS
    You just going to stand there like a lemon?
  • Raideen
    Raideen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yaaass!!!
    I am actually in disbelief that this is not already happening. I can only come to the conclusion that ZoS prefers not to invest in the time (money) it would take to make two outfits, that or they invest heavily into the social justice idea that attire for men and women are social constructs and that their clothing has no "gender" (outside of the fact that male clothing is made to flatter the male body and female clothing is made to flatter the female body.

• Girl_Number8
    Girl_Number8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yaaass!!!
    They make more cha ching, players are happy, win win. <3
  • OlafdieWaldfee
    OlafdieWaldfee
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yaaass!!!
    I really wanted a pretty loincloth like the egg-sister-thing for my male chars. But they don't need the additional support of a bra.
    It was already done with the Nordic Towel - that thing is hideous, though. Looks like compression underwear.
    Edited by OlafdieWaldfee on January 22, 2018 8:27AM
  • Radiance
    Radiance
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yaaass!!!
    Please Fix [Female] Lizardly Four-Fabric Skirt Set!!!
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom