Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Do you think Elsweyr will be a DLC?

Nihili
Nihili
✭✭✭
Discuss:

I've waited my entire (scrolls-playing) lifetime to fully experience the home of the Kahjiit, and I had believed that ESO - a MMO that will without doubt contain more areas than any other scrolls game - would contain Elsweyr. I was disappointed, though not to the point of complaining about it, that that wasn't the case, but I'm not THAT disappointed because I understand Elsweyr is something of a gem that Bathesda/ZOS wants to drop at the right time (or in the right Scrolls title) so to maximize profits player enjoyment.

So I'm wondering if they might drop it in a DLC. Would you guys be interested in that? Do some of you think that maybe a year down the line ZOS might actually do exactly that?
  • Shunravi
    Shunravi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes.

Every blank area of the map will eventually be filled in, including Elsweyr.

They can implement it in bits and pieces, like the current adventure zones (very likely given their promised model). Or they could add them in with a larger expansion pack.
    This one has an eloquent and well thought out response to tha... Ooh sweetroll!
  • Mercurio
    Mercurio
    ✭✭✭
    I agree, also want to see Black Marsh more. Those 2 areas are my "most wanted" ES locations
  • ers101284b14_ESO
    ers101284b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    There will be no DLC. Now an expansion maybe. But I don't know if they are going to do Expansions in this game or if they are going to keep releasing parts of the map as Adventure zones. But yes you will eventually get it.
  • ontheleftcoast
    ontheleftcoast
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since you pay to play every month every thing is paid for DLC. Every patch costs you money, every new zone costs you money, everything -- all the time -- costs you money. I can't imagine they'll open up zones that require different versions of the game just to play in them. Imagine the problems that would create like -- would items from those zones be unusable in the main game? What if someone who had the expansion/DLC shared a quest to other people who didn't have it? And on and on. Given they have a hard enough time getting the phasing they have right I can't believe they'd add more goo like that to muck things up even more.
  • LonePirate
    LonePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I would say the chances are very high that we will see more of Elsweyr in 2015. We have new zones coming in the DC region (Wrothgar) and the EP region (Murkmire); but nothing has been announced for AD as of yet. Elsweyr has a lot of unexplored and undocumented land and almost everyone prefers the Khajiit zones to the elf zones in AD.

Maybe ZOS will give us a Christmas teaser or something about some new adventures coming in Elsweyr.
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And after all of Tamriel has been revealed? AKAVIR!
    What ESO really needs is an Auction Horse.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Want more crazy ideas? Check out my Concept Repository!
  • Wing
    Wing
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The reason I feel Elsweyr is not currently in the game (at all, not even a small section of it) is because its going to be an actual TES location (maybe the next one!) either that or summerset proper.

and I don't think Zeni would step on Beth's toes and navmesh and create and area that's going to be seen in full glory later, rather I think there letting Beth navmesh the world and create the game then copy it later (give or take some in game time :P)

but my whole theory is that the next TES game will be an area we have seen nothing of yet in ESO or some previous titles (as is tradition)

and to go with my theory the entire land of Elsweyr is excluded from the game, one of the biggest fan favorite locations completely neglected. . .perhaps on purpose?

anyway, that's my guess, Elsweyr or Summerset proper for next TES.

A good reason for Elsweyr is its part of the dominion so you can see what the political climate is like within the dominion and perhaps start a rebellion within (we have already seen one take place outside of it) without actually doing summerset proper (as that would most likely have to be the conclusion to the current dominion plotline)

SO, TES:
    IV- Oblivion, fall of the empire, etc.
    interlude, rise of the dominion
    V- Skyrim, rise of the rebellion outside the dominion.
    VI- Elsweyr, rise of conflict within.
    VII- Summerset, fall of the dominion.

my theory, we shall see.
    ESO player since beta.
    full time subscriber.
    PC NA
    ( ^_^ )

You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods -Xenogears
    DK one trick
  • hutchinsonhatch
    hutchinsonhatch
    ✭✭✭
    Shunravi wrote: »
    Yes.

They can implement it in bits and pieces, like the current adventure zones (very likely given their promised model). Or they could add them in with a larger expansion pack.

I certainly hope so, I enjoy the AD a lot on my first character at the moment.
    I think, those areas will see the light of day after they have been dealt with in the single-player games, though.
  • Audigy
    Audigy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Expansions are what you can expect @ OP.

DLC content only comes out at F2P games such as Guild Wars, SWTOR, BF etc. MMOs with a sub model have expansions, those usually have a big overhaul like new items, professions, classes or even races.

I wouldn't be surprised if ESO releases an expansion pack in late 2015 but this remains to be seen. Right now they add so much new content every 6 weeks that's a new way to do it in the MMO business, I don't know of any MMO that does this right now - you usually have gaps of up to 6 months between new raids, zones or skill updates, ZO is delivering a lot more and at a much faster pace right now.
  • Laz
    Laz
    ✭✭✭
    DLC is not the correct word to use in a game this large. Expansion, it's okay to use it, I promise.
    Been around watchin'. Time to start talkin'. - Twitch: twitch.tv/lazisonline
    Prior host of TESO Elite game-play twitch streams
  • Aragorn1389
    Aragorn1389
    Soul Shriven
    Technically there is a small portion of Elsweyer already in the game. Its the Eastern Sliver of Reapers March. Dune is a Khajiit City
  • teiselaise
    teiselaise
    ✭✭✭
    Technically there is a small portion of Elsweyer already in the game. Its the Eastern Sliver of Reapers March. Dune is a Khajiit City

2014 Necro lol
    Argonian masterrace
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It would surprise me if Elsweyr wasn't a DLC or expansion in the relatively (1-2 years) near future.

In terms of unexplored zones, it's pretty popular.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • monktoasty
    monktoasty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmm..maybe..but for now..it's mostly going to be elsewhere
  • jokeaccount
    jokeaccount
    ✭✭✭
    Wing wrote: »
    The reason I feel Elsweyr is not currently in the game (at all, not even a small section of it) is because its going to be an actual TES location (maybe the next one!) either that or summerset proper.

if elsweyr was made into a full game, wouldn't the storyline be too similar to skyrim's, just with cats instead of racists?
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes.

I think they’ll sale the game before this happens but to the OPs question, hopefully the current devs get around to it. Their PvE is usually a good story under a bad pricing model
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • Vanthras79
    Vanthras79
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would like to see some new architecture in Elsweyr proper. Or at least some different variations of what we have already seen.
    Norion Germain - Telvanni Wizard, Covenant Battle Mage, Mage's Guild Magister, Resident of Daggerfall Overlook, Lord of Tel Galen, Psijic Monk, Antiquarian, Breton Scholar, and Traveler.

• ThinkerOfThings
    ThinkerOfThings
    ✭✭✭
    I feel like Elsewyr would be an entire chapter, similar to Morrowind. It will be awesome to see!
    "It is very, very sad being mortal. There is happiness, yes. But mostly sadness. As I have said, count only the happy hours." - Vivec
    XBOX - EP: Sen Sadri ( DE NB )
  • Stewart1874
    Stewart1874
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hate the Khajit as a race. Seem like a novelty race designed for comedic effect played by people ironically.

However, each to their own. Personally i'd rather see them cover areas which are more interesting first such as the summer isles, Murkmire, Skyrim and at least another couple of Daedric realms.
    PS4 - Europe - Aldmeri Dominion
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They'll either make just Pellitine or just Anequina as a DLC zone, or they'll make the entire Province as a Chapter. Either way, Cat Lands! But all the same, we'll be waiting years still, considering 2018 is Summerset.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • monktoasty
    monktoasty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hate the Khajit as a race. Seem like a novelty race designed for comedic effect played by people ironically.

However, each to their own. Personally i'd rather see them cover areas which are more interesting first such as the summer isles, Murkmire, Skyrim and at least another couple of Daedric realms.

How are those interesting when they've all been explored in the past?

Khahit are one of the most interesting races in fantasy..very mysterious. It would be so cool to see their land and gethe a glimpse into their struggles
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well... as has been posted before...
    Enodoc wrote: »
    Back before launch, the online map had zone borders on it, which I annotated. They removed the border lines for the current version. The only differences between the original and this one, aside from my annotations, are the border I put down the side of the VH zone, the border between RS and WG, and the border between BF and ST, which are where those borders exist on the in-game map but were missed off this one:
    User-Enodoc-ESO_Regions.png
    Zone code key is inside the below spoiler. Further analysis can be found on my UESP page.
    • AL Alik'r
    • AN Anequina (including the Rimmen city area, shouldn't be called this as Reaper's March also includes part of Anequina, but this name is in the text files)
    • AU Auridon
    • BE Betnikh
    • BF Bal Foyen
    • BI Bleakrock Isle
    • BK Bangkorai
    • BW Blackwood (as seen in Oblivion)
    • CL Craglorn
    • CH Colovian Highlands (also could be West Weald)
    • CY Cyrodiil
    • DE Deshaan
    • EM Eastmarch
    • FA Falkreath (as seen in Skyrim)
    • GC Gold Coast (as seen in Oblivion)
    • GL Glenumbra
    • GS Greenshade
    • GW Grahtwood
    • HJ Hjaalmarch (as seen in Skyrim)
    • KR Khenarthi's Roost
    • MM Murkmire
    • MT Malabal Tor
    • NB Nibenay Basin (as seen in Oblivion, although the text files just calls this Nibenay, which is inaccurate)
    • NV Nibenay Valley (as seen in Oblivion)
    • PA The Pale (also includes the Winterhold area)
    • RE The Reach (also includes the Haafingar area)
    • RI The Rift
    • RM Reaper's March
    • RS Rivenspire
    • QR Quin'rawl (from the text files, although that says Quin-rawl, which is incorrectly puntuated)
    • SF Shadowfen
    • SH Stormhaven
    • SM Stros M'Kai
    • SO Solstheim (as seen in Bloodmoon, Dragonborn)
    • SS South Summerset (No source for name; I made it up)
    • ST Stonefalls
    • SU Sunforge (from the text files)
    • TE Tenmar (from the text files, this area includes the Corinthe city area)
    • TI Topal Island (from the text files)
    • TM Thornmarsh (as stated in the Loremaster's Archive)
    • VH Velothi Highlands (the northwest Morrowind area with Blacklight, but the in-game map doesn't currently allow for the correct geographical shape)
    • WD The Weeping Desert (from the text files)
    • WG Wrothgar
    • WR Whiterun
    ...we can expect to eventually see them get around to fill out the whole map.

And all of it will come as DLC, or as expansion if they make a larger region available all at once...

So, Elsweyr also will definitely come someday. One way or another. As will more Sumerset Isles, more Skyrim, more Black Marsh, more Imperial remnant lands, more Alik'r zones... until all the map is filled, and then they can think about going to other continents if ESO is still making profit at this time! (and there also will always be other regions, like clockwork city or oblivion planes)
  • xSkullfox
    xSkullfox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FB_IMG_1509084318148.jpg
    Groupfinder:
    The worst part is when it finally puts you in a group, your healer turns into a werewolf, your tank has 14k HP and the dps is heavy armor, using a restro staff and a two handed sword on the backbar. Then comes the 15 minute penalty before the cycle starts anew.

Rulz of Morrowind:
    • The first rule of Morrowind is: You do not talk about Morrowind.
    • The second rule of Morrowind is: You do not talk about Morrowind.
    • Third rule of Morrowind: Someone yells NDA stuff, uploads images, streams, the game is over.
    • Fourth rule: only invited players can test.
    • Fifth rule: one invite at a time, fellas.
    • Sixth rule: crying or bashing on pts.
    • Seventh rule: NDA will go on as long as they have to.
    • And the eighth and final rule: If this is your first invite at Morrowind, you have to play.
  • Mic1007
    Mic1007
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What is with the thread necro lately? Mods really to lock and archive these things.

Elsweyr will probably eventually come as a DLC or Chapter.
    @Mic1007
    Champion Rank 900+
    DC/AD/EP
    PC NA

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eventually, but I suspect that Summerset and the rest of Black Marsh and Skyrim will come first.

*Edit* Whoops. I commented before I realized this was a necro thread.
    Edited by SydneyGrey on January 21, 2018 7:39AM
  • Liley
    Liley
    ✭✭✭✭
    This thread is almost 4 years old, why would anyone bring this one back up again?
    PC | EU

Muriel Winterhauch | Magicka Sorcerer

• Rainraven
    Rainraven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nihili wrote: »
    Discuss:

I've waited my entire (scrolls-playing) lifetime to fully experience the home of the Kahjiit, and I had believed that ESO - a MMO that will without doubt contain more areas than any other scrolls game - would contain Elsweyr. I was disappointed, though not to the point of complaining about it, that that wasn't the case, but I'm not THAT disappointed because I understand Elsweyr is something of a gem that Bathesda/ZOS wants to drop at the right time (or in the right Scrolls title) so to maximize profits player enjoyment.

So I'm wondering if they might drop it in a DLC. Would you guys be interested in that? Do some of you think that maybe a year down the line ZOS might actually do exactly that?

I'm expecting to see it. DLC or chapter? I don't know. As long as it's not just dungeons, because that would be a shame.
  • xeNNNNN
    xeNNNNN
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes.

and dont forget the various other daedric realms :)
    Ah, e-communities - the "pinnacle" of the internet............yeah, right.
  • primethief147
    primethief147
    ✭✭
    Honesty would rather have elswyer and murkmire before summerset and western skyrim.
  • bloodthirstyvampire
    bloodthirstyvampire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No I would rather be Elsweyr to be honest DO U NOW DE WEY
    Self-proclaimed Vampire Lord, or in this case, Blood Sion. º,...,º