Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

moved

DoctorESO
DoctorESO
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
moved
Edited by DoctorESO on September 22, 2018 11:31PM
  • FLuFFyxMuFFiN
    FLuFFyxMuFFiN
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Here we go again
  • Marabornwingrion
    Marabornwingrion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Are you serious, or just trolling?
  • DieAlteHexe
    DieAlteHexe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Do you actually play the game, Doc?

Or are you going for "Most Posted"? ;)

I've not actually noticed this. I guess I'll pay attention but, for now, I give you +100 in NitPickery.

Dirty, filthy casual aka Nancy, the Wallet Warrior Carebear Potato Whale Snowflake
  • LordSemaj
    LordSemaj
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reminds of way back when Guar were OP because they climbed hills better.
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please note that is is the first and only time I've used this photo on the forums.

24931068697_55d985d5de_z.jpg

Edited by SydneyGrey on January 20, 2018 7:24PM
  • Woeler
    Woeler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The hero we need. This thread will be amazing.
    Edited by Woeler on January 20, 2018 7:27PM
  • Belegnole
    Belegnole
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do you actually play the game, Doc?

Or are you going for "Most Posted"? ;)

I've not actually noticed this. I guess I'll pay attention but, for now, I give you +100 in NitPickery.

I don't think he plays....
  • Mettaricana
    Mettaricana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I got the nix ox mount for free and it shares same lack of stutter at the dwemer spider so it was a free option
  • Juju_beans
    Juju_beans
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mounts not stuttering is "pay to win" ?

That's some reaching here.
  • JamuThatsWho
    JamuThatsWho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No.
    @JamuThatsWho - PC EU - CP2000

Main:
    Vasiir-jo - Khajiit Necromancer, AD

Alts:
    Sul-Mael Hlarothran - Dunmer Sorcerer, EP

Ushaar-Ixaht - Argonian Nightblade, DC

Rorbakh gro-Khraag - Orc Templar, AD

Anduuroon - Altmer Warden, EP

Travanius Braelia - Imperial Dragonknight, DC
  • xenowarrior92eb17_ESO
    xenowarrior92eb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    senche mounts stutter...idk about others since I only use my dromathra senche but its frustrating as hell while horses have no issues...tried a bit the big bug and had no stuttering on it...
  • Ermiq
    Ermiq
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not shure if I understand what stuttering/halt is mentioned here.
    I was thinking about horses/guars/, they are halt and slow down all the way, while wolfs/senches/spiders can run with constant speed everywhere.
    It's quite interesting. Which mount the player can get in-game? Horse. Nothing more. Nix-Ox is for Morrowind owners only (IIRC), Morrowind is not a base game and it should be purchased for additional price.
    So, what we have?
    If player didn't purchased Morrowind chapter and he didn't get mount from CrownStore/CrownCrates, then he can ride a halting/stuttering/slowing down horse only and there's no free alternatives. :neutral:
    One of the two of us definitely has gone mad. It only remains to define whether this one is the whole world or just me.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

Sick&tired of being kicked off from your house when you complete a dungeon? ComingBackHome addon is what you need!
    Me is russian little bad in english :b
  • I_killed_Vivec
    I_killed_Vivec
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    "Some mounts stutter less than others"

You're supposed to ride it, not talk to it!

As the vicar might have said to the actress ;)
  • HatchetHaro
    HatchetHaro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While it is nitpicky, he does have a point. Different mounts have different models, hitboxes, and animations, and therefore their interaction with the environment will always differ somewhat.

It does apply; spider mounts don't catch on small rocks as much as other mounts do.

It's still extremely nitpicky, situational, and insignificant, so I don't see it becoming a problem.
    Edited by HatchetHaro on January 20, 2018 8:19PM
    Best Argonian NA and I will fight anyone for it

17 Argonians

6x IR, 6x GH, 7x TTT, 4x GS, 4x DB, 1x PB, 3x SBS, 1x Unchained
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pay to Win is paying money for an unfair advantage.

Come back when I can buy an invincible siege engine that launches a few dozen insta-kill Dwemer spheres into a keep. That's an unfair advantage in the Alliance War.

29beczb.jpg
    Edited by Acrolas on January 20, 2018 8:18PM
    signing off
  • Ermiq
    Ermiq
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Acrolas wrote: »

Come back when I can buy an invincible siege engine that launches a few dozen insta-kill Dwemer spheres into a keep. That's an unfair advantage in the Alliance War.

29beczb.jpg

So, paying money for spider/wolf who doesn't halt (while free mount does) is a fair advantage, yes?
    One of the two of us definitely has gone mad. It only remains to define whether this one is the whole world or just me.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

Sick&tired of being kicked off from your house when you complete a dungeon? ComingBackHome addon is what you need!
    Me is russian little bad in english :b
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    DoctorESO wrote: »
    Mount skins. They are not just cosmetic. Some mounts "stutter" less than others, meaning they don't come to a halt for no reason. A great example of this is the Dwemer Spider. This gives someone an advantage in the Alliance War.

I just...this makes my eyes itch.

Maybe take a break a little bit. You seem like you need a little help. :-(
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Eremith wrote: »

29beczb.jpg

So, paying money for spider/wolf who doesn't halt (while free mount does) is a fair advantage, yes?

Now I know what I will say after the next time someone beat me up in Cyro: he only won because his mount didn't stutter.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

29beczb.jpg
    This one want to take siege to the next level.
    2348801-atomic-annie-1.jpg?itok=nhBculoW&timestamp=1461666157&c=def_cloudinary
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Carl-lan
    Carl-lan
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lol
  • Pastas
    Pastas
    ✭✭✭
    Camel spit is overperforming, please nerf it.
    WARNING
    This post may Include horrible gramatical and orthographic errors
    Read on your own risk
    AD
    Dar'foo Stamblade Zorg-gro-Wurf DK tank Far-Datxo Templar healer Valmir Spellius Magsorc
    Randolf Omberic Magblade Felien Golas Magdk Faenor Oakwood Stamplar Sader Dustorm Stamsorc
    EP
    Do'Ragash Stamdk Caius Grachus Stamden Dalyne Narus Magplar
    DC
    Melkar Spellius Magden
    PC EU
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't mind him. He just has to create 3 forum posts a day or his heart stops. Just like charmander's flame has to keep burning and a humming bird has to drink nectar non-stop.

Jokes aside, I own the dwemer spider. It does stutter, so your point is invalid.
    Edited by Ratzkifal on January 20, 2018 10:03PM
    This Bosmer was tortured to death. There is nothing left to be done.
  • Malamar1229
    Malamar1229
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How do you win with skins
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know if it's that one environmental design class I took, or that I play sports on public fields that are about as even as a teenage prime number, but I've never really had any issue with the game terrain while mounted. I also play with the grass off, which may help.

And it's probably perception, too. A mount with a larger axis movement range is going to have more of a visual impact on the camera than a mount with a more stable center even if they experience the same terrain interruptions.
    signing off
  • pauli133
    pauli133
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Apache_Kid wrote: »
    Please stop making so many threads, you're running out of material.

There's no shortage of material, when standards are low.
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    pauli133 wrote: »
    Apache_Kid wrote: »
    Please stop making so many threads, you're running out of material.

There's no shortage of material, when standards are low.

Whatever the standards are this one has to be below it.
  • Girl_Number8
    Girl_Number8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    My stamblade still knocks u off of your troll mount just fine, lol. :smiley: stab, stab, cha ching!
    Edited by Girl_Number8 on January 20, 2018 11:34PM
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DoctorESO wrote: »
    Mount skins. They are not just cosmetic. Some mounts "stutter" less than others, meaning they don't come to a halt for no reason. A great example of this is the Dwemer Spider. This gives someone an advantage in the Alliance War.

And we have an extreme stretch of thing here.
  • Jusey1
    Jusey1
    ✭✭✭✭
    Be it RuneScape, Paladins, Team Fortress 2... No matter what. People will always bring up poor or even flat-out stupid arguments to say that the game is pay-2-win.

I just have one single question: why?
  • DonWalking
    DonWalking
    ✭✭✭
    I absolutely love this thread, I'm dying :D:D:D
    Edited by DonWalking on January 20, 2018 11:45PM