Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!

moved

• Serale
    Serale
    Soul Shriven
    Because I'd rather use that $15 to buy a new game. I'm a single player enthusiast that sometimes dabble in MMOs when I want some social aspect. I don't play the game everyday to justify the cost.

And yes new games coming out cost $15 or less in my country through Steam ;)
  • vyndral13preub18_ESO
    vyndral13preub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    DoctorESO wrote: »
    ESO Plus membership gives you all of this:
    • Access to all DLC game packs in the in-game Crown Store
    • Free crowns for the in-game Crown Store (1,500 per month)
    • Access to the Craft Bag (hold unlimited crafting materials, and all picked up materials go straight to the bag)
    • Double bank space
    • Bonuses to progression
    • Extra furniture space
    • Costume dyeing
    • Double the maximum number of Transmutation Crystals you can have in your inventory

And it only costs $15/month. Chances are, if you're reading this, research shows you can actually save up to $15 per week by doing the following:
    1. Making your own coffee
    2. Bringing your own drinks
    3. Using your library
    4. Buying generic-label grocery items
    5. Switching off lights when not in use
    6. Watching movies from home
    7. Sticking to your shopping list
    8. Lowering/raising your thermostat when you're not home
    9. Not buying ESO Plus

The bottom line is that being an ESO Plus member will greatly increase your enjoyment, and if you regularly buy crowns, you're losing out.

Honestly the only thing I find overly useful is the crafting bag. The other stuff is meh. Now before you go what about the crowns!!!! 15 dollars will buy me around 1500 crowns so...

And the other dlcs? Well the dungeons dlcs have the bad side affect of making more dungeons my pug groups can’t get through, and increase my rage level at the group finder. The new quest dlc? Well they don’t take a month to get through, so if you don’t out right buy them just sub for a month. Do the dlc then Drop sub and save some money until the next one. This one month pay every couple months is also a good way to get all your crafting stuff into your craft bag, so don’t forget to log on all your characters. And if you never purchase the dungeon dlcs when you drop sub, it takes them out of your list. No more loading in, just to have the whole group drop.
    Edited by vyndral13preub18_ESO on January 19, 2018 3:59AM
  • Belegnole
    Belegnole
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    • Access to the Craft Bag (hold unlimited crafting materials, and all picked up materials go straight to the bag)
    • Double bank space
    • Bonuses to progression
    • Extra furniture space
    • Costume dyeing
    • Double the maximum number of Transmutation Crystals you can have in your inventory

And it only costs $15/month. Chances are, if you're reading this, research shows you can actually save up to $15 per week by doing the following:
    3. Using your library

The bottom line is that being an ESO Plus member will greatly increase your enjoyment, and if you regularly buy crowns, you're losing out.

You sound like a ZOS employee. You've been here one month and already you're a forum warrior.
    Edited by Belegnole on January 19, 2018 3:57AM
  • Cêltic421
    Cêltic421
    ✭✭✭✭
    Its cheaper just to buy each dlc. Most people have a guild slot that they use for their personal bank, 500 bank space. Easy to manage without the craft bag. Need to add several more perks to make it worth while to pay for.
  • Eliahnus
    Eliahnus
    ✭✭✭
    No ESO+, because :
    - I've bought all the DLC that I'm interested in
    - I log in almost everyday, but most often I do not spend a lot of time in it

Crafting bag and 1500 crowns monthly is interesting, but not enough to warrant the monthly fee; in general I find monthly subscription fees of on-line games way too high.
  • MattT1988
    MattT1988
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    • Double bank space
    • Bonuses to progression
    • Extra furniture space
    • Costume dyeing

3. Using your library

Doc is a ZOS employee confirmed LOL ;)

Here are a few reasons
    * Save some money which could be used for things like food and petrol.
    * Enjoy playing the game as is and they feel they don’t need to pay more for the extra perks.
    * A lot of people still hold the firm stance that once you buy the disc, that should be it, apart from DLCs. If that’s what they believe then more power to them. In some ways I agree, but I begrudgingly admit that this is no longer the case when it comes to MMOs.
    * Some people don’t play this game enough to justify the expenditure. I know some people that log in maybe once a couple of weeks to mess around with friends.

There’s four good solid reasons, pick your favourite.
  • Ilithyania
    Ilithyania
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    at least this game is playable as a non-ESO +

I am happy about that :):)
    PC
  • AnviOfVai
    AnviOfVai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmmm, undercover sales person from Zenimax?

Granted I actually paid for ESO this month as I got some extra cash at Christmas but in general...no I don't subscribe. I don't really need what they offer as I am a PVP player only and what they offer to subscribers...does not really appeal to me.The extra crowns are nice, but If I want crowns I buy them. I have thought about subscribing for the long run as I have been playing eso for ages, and yes I have spent a lot of money in this game alone, but i already subscribe to SWTOR I don't plan on adding ESO to it as well. ;)
    "I appear at my lord's behest, or perhaps I was always here, and you merely lacked the ability to see me."

PS4 - EU

AD - Pet Sorcerer - Damage Dealer - 160
    DC - Warden - Werewolf - in - progress - 160
    DC - Templar - Tank - 160
    DC - Sorcerer - Damage Dealer - in - progress
    EP - Dragon Knight -Fire Tank - 160
    EP - Nightblade - Damage Dealer - 160

• Sigma957
    Sigma957
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Been a sub since the beginning and at $15/month is stuff all really for what it grants :smile:
  • Narvuntien
    Narvuntien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I have no income.
  • Zbigb4life
    Zbigb4life
    ✭✭✭✭
    Maybe because the inablility of ZOS to actually repair the issues of this game
  • Zaldan
    Zaldan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Access to all DLC game packs in the in-game Crown Store
    (own orsinium which is only one worth the price and got IC on sale)

Free crowns for the in-game Crown Store (1,500 per month)
    (have 14k crowns with nothing to really spend on already)

Access to the Craft Bag (hold unlimited crafting materials, and all picked up materials go straight to the bag)
    (had eso+ and with eso+ trials have enough mats in craft bag to last long time)

Double bank space
    (80% of bank is filled with sets I MIGHT use at some point but not essential)

Bonuses to progression
    (already have enough max level toons and I'm far enough over the CP cap that I could stop playing for years and it wouldn't catch up)

Extra furniture space
    (Have one house and haven't really bothered with it)

Costume dyeing
    (eso+ and eso+ trials allowed me to dye every costume I have already)

Double the maximum number of Transmutation Crystals you can have in your inventory
    (100 crystals is plenty, rest stay in mail until I need them and they're not that hard to aquire)

Until Zo$ improve server performance and fix bugs in less than 3 months/never I don't find eso+ to be worth the cost for what little it provides me and I don't feel ZO$ is properly supporting this game.
    Edited by Zaldan on January 19, 2018 10:18AM
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain.
    Niidro tiid wah fusvok dirkah.

aka.@Cuthceol
  • Vhozek
    Vhozek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because the replay value of the game is centered around being creative with classes or PVP and both get stale real fast.
    𝗡𝗼𝘁 𝘀𝗼𝗿𝗿𝘆, 𝗺𝗼𝗱𝘀. 𝗙𝗿𝗲𝗲 𝗕𝗶𝗿𝗱 𝘄𝗮𝘀 𝗽𝗹𝗮𝘆𝗶𝗻𝗴.
  • Uviryth
    Uviryth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I waste more money on fancy dinnertable-napkins than on ESO Plus and CrownStore combined.
  • coop500
    coop500
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I don't pay for ESO+ because of two reasons

A. I don't like renting stuff

B. I can't afford it

Your savings money list is something we do everyday, all of it, for years. Plus it's none of your business why not every player is a subber.

Why must ESO+ people try to push their ways onto other people? You got the craft bag, double bank space, yada yada yada, I get it, congrats to you, but leave us non-subbers alone, enjoy what you have and keep your nose out of other people's business. It's none of your business nor is it any of your concern what people do with their funds or how they play the game.
    Wishing for Lilmothiit race still! Or maybe Lilmothiit companion?
  • AriBoh
    AriBoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't want to give anyone money for a shoddy product that promises much and delivers little.
    khele23eb17
    Agreed. Whoever came up with the design should be shot in the foot and only admitted to hospital when he manages to find 3 other people willing to maim themselves the same way in order to accompany him.

ZOS_AmeliaR admin
    Ultimately, any method of entering an enemy keep without breaking down the door is considered an exploit. Thanks for checking!

tinythinker
    "I used to be a healer once, but then I took a Wrobel to the knee"
  • Doctordarkspawn
    Doctordarkspawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I get it once every few months when the crafting mats pile up, but that's about it.

Increasingly, the crowns are worthless as most of the good stuff is thrown into the gamble crates, and I do not gamble.

The XP is worthless due to the fact I allready have my main maxed.

I dont bother with housing so furnature space is useless.

With the outfit system coming costumes will become irrelevent.

Most of the DLC I like to own, or can do safely in the one month period when I purchase a month of sub.

I've not bought the past dungeon DLC, Horns of the Reach, nor Clockwork city. I dont feel the need to. I can walk in, experience the content, and walk out. I'm comfortable this way.

Besides. I try to minimize my spendature on this game out of spite for the direction they've taken and they're repeated belligerant responses to player feedback, which they keep asking for.
    Edited by Doctordarkspawn on January 19, 2018 11:49AM
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I voted with my wallet. :)

I used to have 2 ESO+ accounts but then I wokeup and noticed everything that was good was being put into crown crates. Then I started reading more about how all these companies are using gambling tactics and I won't support it.

My next game has already said they will not have crown crates. It will be interesting to see how that game will be.

I do miss dying my outfits the most.

Edited by vamp_emily on January 19, 2018 11:45AM

If you want a friend, get a dog.
    AW Rank: Grand Warlord 1 ( level 49)

• method__01
    method__01
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    got eso+ since Sept 2016 and i find very difficult to play without craft bag,crowns,double space and research times arent big deal imo

i do sometimes play at my pc eso account and literally feels like Fallout survival mode :p
    PC EU/NA /// PS4 EU/NA

• danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hippie4927 wrote: »
    Wait! What? Double transmutation crystals? So that means if I open a geode and get one crystal, without ESO+ I would have gotten 0 crystals?

You can hold up to 200 crystals at a time instead of 100.

Also, the double of zero is...zero.:)
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    • Access to all DLC game packs
    • Access to the Craft Bag
    • Double bank space
    • Bonuses to progression
    • Extra furniture space
    • Costume dyeing

And it only costs $15/month.

I am a long time player and subscriber, and the current useful benefits out of my subscription are bolded above.

All of that I can play the game without. Even the crafting bag. My decision to remain a subscriber is, therefore, not tied to the benefits of doing so. I am not trapped into ESO Plus. The benefits are merely a perk.

I subscribe to ESO Plus because the game is worth playing, and while playing the game, I want those optional perks. As long as ZOS can keep the game worth playing, and keep monetization and punitive game design to a minimum, I will continue to subscribe. If I feel that they are stepping out of line, I am perfectly willing to play without ESO Plus. If it gets bad enough, I am perfectly willing to play without spending any more money on the game. However, if it gets to that point, it probably won't be a game that is worth playing, and I will stop.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Bryanonymous
    Bryanonymous
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Meh... hard to stay interested in this game. Thinking of getting back into GTA.
  • coplannb16_ESO
    coplannb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    I simply sub each MMO I play actively. If I ever switch from say ESO to Camelot Unchained I will cancel my sub here and move on.
    so far: DAoC -> WoW -> DAoC -> WAR -> DAoC (lol) -> AoC -> GW2 (B2P from the start) -> SWTOR -> ESO

might have missed something there...

oh yeah, I also have a STO lifetime sub
    Edited by coplannb16_ESO on January 19, 2018 1:31PM
    max level: mDK, stamBlade, stamSorc, magPlar, mDen, stamDen, magBlade, stamCro
    ESO+
    # of mules: 4 (FULL)
    maxed bank: FULL -_-
    Stop the grind! Get rid of stupid events and daily-quest gallore. Get rid of "have a chance of 1 in a million to get a piece of 1 in 30 to get a stupid motif or pet... wtf..."
    And at this point just remove all classes and have everyone choose their set of skills. then balance accordingly to skills always used vs. skills never used.
  • omegatay_ESO
    omegatay_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    A pretty nice advertisment, zos should hire you.
  • SGT_Wolfe101st
    SGT_Wolfe101st
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am always curious about these types of the threads, the unsolicited "Get ESO+, it's great, here's why". Is the OP really a player or just a cleaver mole placed in the forums by ZOS to run their propaganda machine? I'm watching you ZOS (puts tin-foil hat on real tight). The "is ESO+ worth it" threads, make some sense, the OP is curious if everyone feels they get a value, benefit, etc, but this is peculiar to me.
    PS4 -NA AD

Wood Elf - StamNB - DPS
    Nord - MagDK - Tank
    High Elf - MagSorc - DPS
    Dark Elf - Mag Warden- Healer
  • Wolfchild07
    Wolfchild07
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dropped my sub actually because there have been no improvements to werewolf to increase variety and fun.

The timer annoys me that much, yes. And that's only the main issue with it. There are more.

They even nerfed 1 of only 5 werewolf skills for the coming patch.

Been here since beta, my craft bag is full enough.
  • clocksstoppe
    clocksstoppe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Free crowns for the in-game Crown Store (1,500 per month)

I don't think you understand what the word free means
    Edited by clocksstoppe on January 19, 2018 1:51PM
  • Samadhi
    Samadhi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I am always curious about these types of the threads, the unsolicited "Get ESO+, it's great, here's why". Is the OP really a player or just a cleaver mole placed in the forums by ZOS to run their propaganda machine? I'm watching you ZOS (puts tin-foil hat on real tight). The "is ESO+ worth it" threads, make some sense, the OP is curious if everyone feels they get a value, benefit, etc, but this is peculiar to me.

At a guess,
    the forums are the place where the average individual can pull his or her thoughts together
    and turn it into a cohesive question or topic for discussion

when engaging with other players in game, have noticed a number of players mention not being subbed
    or not having access to particular DLCs

and, being someone who played this game under the subscription model previously, frequently end up telling them aspects of ESO+
    that make it beneficial for me to keep up with as a player
    basically just quality of life things that end up being appreciated when being reminded what it would be like to not have them

but also am a bit of a misanthrope
    so cannot concretely relate to having enough interest in other people to create a thread wanting to explore their potential reasons for subbing/not subbing

of course there also seems to be an advantage to not having ESO+
    apparently the DLC dungeons are removed from the 'Random Dungeon' finder's pool
    have considered unsubbing to not be bothered with being placed in them xD
    "If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion." -- the 14th Dalai Lama
    Wisdom is doing Now that which benefits you later.
  • LordSemaj
    LordSemaj
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Literally cheaper to just buy the DLC, crowns go on sale for half off and with the extra bonus come out to 21000 for $75. I get 4200 crowns for the price of your 1500. The perks are either cosmetic or spice of life that you rent.
  • deepseamk20b14_ESO
    deepseamk20b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have to agree. I see posts from time to time saying ESO+ doesn’t give enough and I completely disagree with them. It’s $15...I can understand if it’s a kid playing and they are strapped for cash BUT hey, I’m not offended if someone doesn’t want to spend the money as it’s not my cash lol.
    Hey everyone! Look! It's a signature!