The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Things in ESO you were surprised had been in other Elder Scrolls games

WhiteCoatSyndrome
WhiteCoatSyndrome
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭
Is there anything you've found in ESO you thought they'd made up for ESO only to find out later had appeared in a previous game?

I was surprised to find there was a version of "The Memory Stone of Makela Leki" back in Daggerfall.
#proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Durzogs.

I'd played Skyrim and Oblivion but bounced off of Morrowind like hitting a brick wall. Then, thanks to the Morrowind Chapter coming out I decided that I was going to try again, stick with it, and play TES III Morrowind.

I loved it. Oh, its got a ton of issues and the pace is slow and finding those darned questgivers in the endless wilderness, and...oh whatever. I loved it. Then I started the Tribunal expansion and was like, okay, Mournhold (City of Magic, City of Light!) looks sort of like the ESO version, sort of...

...Wait, durzogs are a real thing? Like, ESO didn't make those up? Those are actually goblin pets from TES III?

Mind blown.
  • Shardan4968
    Shardan4968
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Selene's web was one of the main story dungeons from the first TES game (Arena).
    Two world bosses who are golden saints named Staada in Alik'r and that other one from Stonefalls are actually characters from Shivering Isles DLC for Oblivion. Maybe few other things also suprised me, but I don't remember them.
    PC/EU
  • Vuldovahkriid
    Vuldovahkriid
    ✭✭✭
    It's not really something I thought ESO did themselves, but I did like the inclusion of the False Nerevarine in the Morrowind Chapter. Like you heard about those who failed before during TESIII(even run into Chodala's ghost in Morrowind) but to actually witness someone attempt to fulfill the prophecy was a nice addition.
    Valtyr Stormblade- Nord DK CP810

Vulsahvith- Argonian NB CP810

Illidan Highborn- High Elf Sorc CP810

Thrall Durotar- Orc WD CP810

Mythos Varedis- Wood Elf TP CP810

Ra'zaq- Khajit NB CP810

Aelya Proudmoore- Breton Sorc CP810

Broxigar Saurfang- Orc DK CP810

Lady Sylvannas Windrunner- Dark Elf NB CP810

Lord Anduin Wyrnn- Breton TP CP810
  • wenchmore420b14_ESO
    wenchmore420b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Finding "Creeper" in Mournhold Outlaw refuge... :)
    Drakon Koryn~Oryndill, Rogue~Mage,- CP ~Doesn't matter any more
    NA / PC Beta Member since Nov 2013
    GM~Conclave-of-Shadows, EP Social Guild, ~Proud member of: The Wandering Merchants, Phoenix Rising, Imperial Trade Union & Celestials of Nirn
    Sister Guilds with: Coroner's Report, Children of Skyrim, Sunshine Daydream, Tamriel Fisheries, Knights Arcanum and more
    "Not All Who Wander are Lost"
    #MOREHOUSINGSLOTS
    “When the people that can make the company more successful are sales and marketing people, they end up running the companies. The product people get driven out of the decision making forums, and the companies forget what it means to make great products.”

_Steve Jobs (The Lost Interview)
  • OtarTheMad
    OtarTheMad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Air Atronachs. I didn't play Daggerfall so I wasn't really aware of them and thought ZOS made them up for Craglorn.
  • Farscape76
    Farscape76
    ✭✭✭
    What's an elder scrolls game without M'aiq
    CP 1200+ Xbox - NA - Ebonheart Pact
    Characters
    Dargo Crichton - VR16/lvl 50 StamDK - Stormproof
    Talon Crichton - lvl 50 Stamsorc
    Kara Crichton - lvl 50 StamDK
    Erza Crichton - lvl 50 MagDK
  • resdayn00
    resdayn00
    ✭✭✭
    I played the modern Elder Scrolls games extensively before ESO so I caught almost all references pretty quickly. I didn’t play Arena and Daggerfall though. But one of my favourite references was the world boss Haynekhtnamet in Shadowfen. I quickly remembered that there is a dagger called Fang of Haynekhtnamet in Morrowind. I just love how the game is full of references.
    PC EU - Ebonheart Pact
    Resdayn Indoril, Dunmer Magicka Nightblade - Main

Pactum Dunmeri | Ard Feainn | Aetherius Art | Kley Guild

Achievement points: 26k+
  • Drakkdjinn
    Drakkdjinn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was surprised when ESO had PvP BGs tied to its paid Morrowind expansion.

My original Xbox Morrowind copy didn't even have online PvP from what I remember. Guess I'm just a nub lore master.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nothing specific, but it was neat to find out that a bunch of village names are straight out of Arena.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Iccotak
    Iccotak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I hope that Miraak makes an appearance. Not as an enemy mind you, that fight is pointless when he has the Bend Will shout,
    but as a character who is servant to Hermaeus Mora. Who knows maybe Herma Mora will make an appearance in the next chapter.
  • Smaxx
    Smaxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iccotak wrote: »
    Who knows maybe Herma Mora will make an appearance in the next chapter.

He actually has several appearances (and followers) in ESO's base game already, the Vile Manse coming to my mind immediately. :) As for Miraak, unlikely, especiall considering we've got Zaan for now.
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Smaxx wrote: »
    Iccotak wrote: »
    Who knows maybe Herma Mora will make an appearance in the next chapter.

He actually has several appearances (and followers) in ESO's base game already, the Vile Manse coming to my mind immediately. :) As for Miraak, unlikely, especiall considering we've got Zaan for now.

I figure we'll see Miraak if and when we ever go back to Apocrypha. He's too easy of a ESV: Skyrim cameo and we know he's floating around somewhere. Maybe as a questgiver? I'd honestly be more excited to see Morian Zenas though. :smiley:
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.
  • Ithilis
    Ithilis
    ✭✭✭
    The same lorebook, The Horror of Castle Xyr and some other same books :smile:
    Leader of Storytellers&Slavers RP guild PC EU
    Officer in Aetherius Art Housing guild PC EU
    Saxhleel - Power to the Hist