The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Unlimited stam in housing instances

Prof_Bawbag
Prof_Bawbag
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
This is one thing I'd like to see implemented. Such a pain that you can't even mount in some of the outside grounds in the larger residential homes, especially when you're decorating and moving something from one end of the house or outside grounds to the other umpteen times over. Now, i do understand a large number of people use test dummies and some even duel, but that would be easily rectified by normal stam usage/regen kicking in once any sort of combat has been initiated. Whether that be for duelling or interacting with test dummies.

Other games implement such a system and the first one that springs to mind is Dragon's Dogma. In cities or friendly areas, you're given unlimited stam resources which make navigating the same hub less of a ballache after the 1001st time going through . Along with the ridiculous price, the time it took me to repeatedly navigate Grand Topal Hideaway whilst viewing it, put me off completely too. Probably less of an issue for those with stam characters and have everything put into stam resources, but I found it an issue.

I also get this is a non issue for the smaller abodes.
  • OmniDo
    OmniDo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    An alternative is to obtain a set of Coward's gear and just equip that.

I have a set hotkeyed via the AlphaGear addon which lets me switch gear out of combat in an instant, whereby I then proceed to zoom zoom!
    Edited by OmniDo on January 17, 2018 11:18AM
  • Eterminix
    Eterminix
    ✭✭
    wouldnt that give us stamina dps a false sense of sustain if we parse on target skeletons inside our homes??
    AD Kausarvex V16 DK
    AD Vex Luthor V9 Sorceror
    AD Tyrannosaurus Vex V8 Templar
    AD Raenne Davari Vex V7 Nightblade
    DC Kalliera Davari Vex 23 DK
    DC Saskra Davari Vex 7 Sorceror
  • Prof_Bawbag
    Prof_Bawbag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Eterminix wrote: »
    wouldnt that give us stamina dps a false sense of sustain if we parse on target skeletons inside our homes??

Like i said, stam usage would revert back to normal if any sort of combat was initiated whether that be from accepting a duel or hitting on a dummy. You're classed as being in combat when using a dps dummy.
    Edited by Prof_Bawbag on January 17, 2018 11:24AM
  • Stonesthrow
    Stonesthrow
    ✭✭✭✭
    Maybe they could set it up that when you are in F5 editor mode it is a stam-free world.

Otherwise, like it was said... A Coward set with a Darkstride backer does the trick.
  • Prof_Bawbag
    Prof_Bawbag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe they could set it up that when you are in F5 editor mode it is a stam-free world.

Otherwise, like it was said... A Coward set with a Darkstride backer does the trick.

Yeah, that would make the most sense. After all, we can't do anything other than decorate when in the editor.

• Mitrenga
    Mitrenga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People make dueling tournaments in houses. Unlimited stam would ruin it and it would be a shame to be honest.
    These are fun.
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Once my guild organised an event that was an in house running competition through obstacles and decorations.

I didnt expect it to be fun but it was a great moment and we laughed hard irl with the pathway, its traps, and the event leader surprises

I hope this does not get implemented , so we keep our freedom to keep such events going
  • Prof_Bawbag
    Prof_Bawbag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Mitrenga wrote: »
    People make dueling tournaments in houses. Unlimited stam would ruin it and it would be a shame to be honest.
    These are fun.

Sweet mother of Jesus, I've stated quite clearly twice now regarding how duelling and dps dummies are handled or could be handled. :p
  • Mitrenga
    Mitrenga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mitrenga wrote: »
    These are fun.

Sweet mother of Jesus, I've stated quite clearly twice now regarding how duelling and dps dummies are handled or could be handled. :p

Sorry to miss that. I don't like to read wall of texts that much.
  • Prof_Bawbag
    Prof_Bawbag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Morgul667 wrote: »
    Once my guild organised an event that was an in house running competition through obstacles and decorations.

I didnt expect it to be fun but it was a great moment and we laughed hard irl with the pathway, its traps, and the event leader surprises

I hope this does not get implemented , so we keep our freedom to keep such events going

That's fair enough. I do think @Stonesthrow suggestion about only when using the editor is more valid than my original thoughts on the matter.
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Morgul667 wrote: »

That's fair enough. I do think @Stonesthrow suggestion about only when using the editor is more valid than my original thoughts on the matter.

This is indeed a good idea.
  • Eterminix
    Eterminix
    ✭✭
    @Prof_Bawbag my bad, didnt see that, i had just woken up :tongue:
    Edited by Eterminix on January 17, 2018 11:40AM
    AD Kausarvex V16 DK
    AD Vex Luthor V9 Sorceror
    AD Tyrannosaurus Vex V8 Templar
    AD Raenne Davari Vex V7 Nightblade
    DC Kalliera Davari Vex 23 DK
    DC Saskra Davari Vex 7 Sorceror
  • CyborgPlatypus
    CyborgPlatypus
    ✭✭✭
    It would mess up the practice dummy test.
  • Prof_Bawbag
    Prof_Bawbag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Yeah, totally. If only i had thought of duelling and dps dummy tests before posting. I could have inserted a small segment, say, about duelling and dps dummies midway through the 1st paragraph. Free unlimited stam all round.
  • Ajaxandriel
    Ajaxandriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    +1 OP

Yeah, totally. If only i had thought of duelling and dps dummy tests before posting. I could have inserted a small segment, say, about duelling and dps dummies midway through the 1st paragraph. Free unlimited stam all round.
    LMAO
    Indeed there are quite a bunch of DUMMIES in this thread..... :trollface:
    TESO:Triskelion - forum RP, guilde francophone
    Ajaxandriel - haut-elfe gardien 50 ;
    Altarya - haute-elfe templière 50 ;
    Angelith - elfe des bois gardienne 50 ;
    Antarius Scorpio - impérial chevalier-dragon 50 ;
    Artémidore de Corbeaulieu - bréton lame noire 50 ;
    Azothos Sadras - elfe noir sorcier 50 ;
    Celestras - haut-elfe sorcier 50 ;
    Diluviatar - elfe des mers sorcier 50 ;
    Dorguldun gro-Arash - orque sorcier 50 ;
    Hjarnar - nordique sorcier 50 ;
    Jendaya al-Gilane - rougegarde chevalier-dragon 50 ;
    Sabbathnazar Ullikummi - elfe noir chevalier-dragon 50 ;
    Selvaryn Virotès - elfe noire lame noire 50 ;
    Tahajmi - khajiit sorcière 50 ;
    Telernil - haut-elfe templier 50 ;
    Zadzadak - gobelin nécromancien 50 ;
    Zandoga - rougegarde chevalier-dragon 50
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So like A LOT of coding so you can run?

And you what... Expect this NOT to bug out?? Lmao
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • baratron
    baratron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly, I'd rather they allowed us to mount inside large housing instances. It's really odd that you can't.
    Guildmaster of the UESP Guild on the North American PC/Mac Server 2200+ CP & also found on the European PC/Mac Server 1700+ CP

These characters are on both servers:
    Alix de Feu - Breton Templar Healer level 50
    Brings-His-Own-Forest - Argonian Warden Healer level 50
    Hrodulf Bearpaw - Nord Warden Bear Friend & identical twin of Bjornolfr level 50
    Jadisa al-Belkarth - Redguard Arcanist looking for a role

NA-only characters:
    Martin Draconis - Imperial Sorceror Healer (Aldmeri Dominion) level 50
    Arzhela Petit - Breton Dragonknight Healer (Daggerfall Covenant) level 50
    Bjornolfr Steel-Shaper - Nord Dragonknight Crafter & Not-Much-Damage Dealer (Ebonheart Pact) level 50
    Verandis Bloodraven - Altmer Nightblade Healer & clone of Count Verandis Ravenwatch (Aldmeri Dominion) level 50
    Gethin Oakrun - Bosmer Nightblade Thief & terrible Tank (Ebonheart Pact) level 50