Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Can't get rid of "Heirloom Necklace"?

Seroster
Seroster
I'm not sure what the deal is here, and my initial google results didn't return anything relevant:

I have an item floating around in normal account-bound status, that I will never use, a level 3 necklace named "Heirloom necklace". On my NB, who's in Champ level content, it says it gives him 1.3k bonus to max health, which is nifty. On every OTHER character (IE characters that could use such a thing while leveling), it says it gives <500 HP, which is less than even a pretty significantly under-leveled health necklace. Thus it is not useful to me, and I would like to get rid of it.

For some reason however, I can't find ANY way to get it out of my inventory. I can't sell it, even to a merchant, and I get an "This item cannot be destroyed" error when I try to delete it. I can put it in my bank obviously, but that's still an inventory slot taken up by something I'll never use. I suppose I could drop it onto one of the alts I made that I never play (Hello, Magplar from launch!), but that still seems like more of an "ignore the problem" than "Solve the problem" solution.

Anyone have an idea or suggestion? It's not like 1 unusable inventory slot is going to destroy me, but it's rather peculiar that I can't get rid of it in any fashion & its stats vary so widely between different characters.
Edited by Seroster on January 16, 2018 8:28PM
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Return it to the quest person .
  • Seroster
    Seroster
    What quest person? It's not in my quest inventory, it's an equipable necklace. If it's from a quest, I have no indication which one, or which character it's from, if I still even have it? There seems to be a similar item in the Morrowind Tutorial, but it doesn't say that it's anything other than a normal item.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seroster wrote: »
    but it's rather peculiar that I can't get rid of it in any fashion & its stats vary so widely between different characters.

I think there are two in the game, one in Morrowind and one in the base part of the game. So, has one character not done Morrowind Tutorial?

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Seroster
    Seroster
    False alarm, I was able to delete it. Was actually an addon (item saver) issue that wouldn't let me delete it, had it marked "reserve for selling", but then when it didn't sell I tried to delete it w/o removing the "reserve for selling" tag. I didn't think about it till I looked at it a 2nd time, removed the tag & it deleted right out. It's gone now, yay 1 more slot!
  • Loc2262
    Loc2262
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You get that item when you start a new character in your initial inventory. You can destroy it, and I was about to suggest checking your addons. ;)
    Kind regards,
    Frank
    PC-EU, 12 chars, 900+CP