Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Why can't I sprint??!

LadyLethalla
LadyLethalla
✭✭✭✭✭
Why can't I reliably sprint on ANY of my characters?

Up until 28th December I was using two regular wireless Dual Shock controllers (one an original, one purchased within the last 12 months). From 28th December I connected the controller using a KontrolFreak cable. It seemed to respond better, but I still couldn't reliably sprint - so instead of having to click the L3 button anywhere from 2-10 times to get it to sprint and STAY sprinting, it was down to 2-4 clicks (on average).

On 4th Jan I got a Razer Raiju Pro controller, which is also wired, but if anything the sprint response is a little worse.

Is this lag or...?

PS4 Pro - but I had the same issue on the original PS4 console.
Edited by LadyLethalla on January 7, 2018 11:54PM
x-TallyCat-x // PC EU DC - For the Covenant! // ESO Platinum trophy - 16th May 2017Proud member of the Aetherium Alliance.Melbourne Australia - the land of Potato Internet.WTB ESO OCEANIC SERVER
  • Bhaal5
    Bhaal5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah its lag, youve eliminated the controller by using another.
    Personally find the same issue, using either stock ps4 controller or the nacon. Along with synergy's and dropping ultimates.
  • AMeanOne
    AMeanOne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmm weird, I had the same problem, but it was my controller. Do you play other games? Any issues there? There are some YouTube vids showing how to fix them but none of the fixes worked for me. Bought a new dualshock and haven't had a sprint issue since
  • LadyLethalla
    LadyLethalla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @AMeanOne I have had no issues in any other game... but then, this is the only MMO and the only online MP game I'm currently playing. So I really can't compare it to anything else.

I think, as @Bhaal5 said, that it's most probably lag. Now that I've eliminated controller latency as the cause, I will be taking more notice of when I can't sprint - as in how busy the servers are when it happens.

x-TallyCat-x // PC EU DC - For the Covenant! // ESO Platinum trophy - 16th May 2017Proud member of the Aetherium Alliance.Melbourne Australia - the land of Potato Internet.WTB ESO OCEANIC SERVER
  • AMeanOne
    AMeanOne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It must be lag if no other games do it to you as well. It is odd that its the exact same thing I experienced but a different controller fixed it. My friends 2nd player controller does it too, and acts the same way when I play call of duty with him
  • Serjustin19
    Serjustin19
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for suggestions, I was wondering why I couldn't sprint on my mount to. I determined it was my controler yesterday. But unsure what. I'm unable to but new one and this is my new one I'm using. I'll check on YouTube to see if fixes will work for me, as mentioned above.
    Formerly Serjustin19, Save for Forum Of Course.... Fiery_Darkness (PC NA) currently.
  • LadyLethalla
    LadyLethalla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for suggestions, I was wondering why I couldn't sprint on my mount to. I determined it was my controler yesterday. But unsure what. I'm unable to but new one and this is my new one I'm using. I'll check on YouTube to see if fixes will work for me, as mentioned above.

@Serjustin19 If you find anything that works I'd be grateful if you can post it.