The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Long hairstyles

Mielikki
Mielikki
✭✭✭
I've always hoped to get a long hair style, ever since release. Years gone by...! And still waiting. Then, out of nowhere, I find this...!

KP8Jq3S.png

It sparkled my hope again. Is this intended to be available for players too sometime in the future? Or... At least something similar! Please, do make it happen! <3
Edited by Mielikki on December 16, 2017 7:14AM
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The outfit to
  • Orticia
    Orticia
    ✭✭✭✭
    As far as i understood long hairstyles are tricky due to clipping and animation looking anywhere close to natural. With an NPC it is easier i guess as the characters dimensions are a given and can;t be adjusted, and in this case there is also no gear it can clip through.
    So while I really do hope myself as well that long hairstyles become a reality one day done right. I fear it is a lot lot harder to get it done on player characters then on an npc.
  • Magdalina
    Magdalina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Is all of that...hair? Tbh textures kinda really suck :( First thought it was badly done hair clipping into some kind of vest. I imagine that's why we don't have any really long haired styles, because it'd be nigh impossible to make them look right, plus long hair would look weird without proper physics which I imagine would be quite hard to implement.

I would love some proper long hair myself, but choosing between extremely unnatural looking and all-the-things clipping long hair and short hair, I think I'd take short :D
  • Pwoo
    Pwoo
    ✭✭✭
    Veya's hairstyle has been in the game for ages. I'm surprised we never got a chance to buy it.
    PC EU - @Pwooo in game - chronic crafting writ doer
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Mielikki wrote: »
    I've always hoped to get a long hair style, ever since release. Years gone by...! And still waiting. Then, out of nowhere, I find this...!

KP8Jq3S.png

It sparkled my hope again. Is this intended to be available for players too sometime in the future? Or... At least something similar! Please, do make it happen! <3

yes, that would be awesome and also more hair colors (including ones like purple, green, blue, etc).
    but long hair styles would interfere with the armor models, which ZOS does not like (see capes and helmets and hats "removing" hair or ears)

so it is probably not going to happen and time soon
    Edited by altemriel on December 16, 2017 2:58PM
  • Hanzus
    Hanzus
    ✭✭✭
    I would love to have this long hair style available too! , what, you say it wont be in because of clipping problems, hmmm, if that were the case we would all be running around naked :p , think about it, literally TONS of clothing/costumes in this game right now clip, horribly bad at that.
    If clipping is the issue, pfffft, PUT IT IN, we have had that problem with stuff since day one.
    "Walk always in the light, or we will drag you to it."
    -Vigilant of Stendarr

Nords, the true sons of Skyrim!
    PC NA
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd love this!

Although it's only been in the last 10 years or so that games have included hairstyles that go below your shoulders. It used to be that the best you could get was a ponytail that looked like it'd maybe reach the top of your back if it was undone. So by contrast even the long hairstyles we currently have (I think the longest reached to about the middle of your characters back) seem pretty good to me.

But I'd love to have something like this available for player characters.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • NetViperX
    NetViperX
    ✭✭✭✭

KP8Jq3S.png

The catch with this hair style is that I do not think it is just a a head attachment, but rather a torso part as well. You can see just above her breasts that the head hair stops and the rest is actually part of her torso. The only way to release this hair would be if it filled the head slot and torso slot. If they did put this out, you would be stuck with whatever torso shirt or lack thereof that was included as part of the hair style. Only way to make it work with all outfits would be for them to redraw every torso slot clothing item in the game with the long hair attached to it.
  • SisterGoat
    SisterGoat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That would definitely clip into any kind of armor. Long hair is tricky, especially when it's not dynamic hair that can move around. ESO does not like to do the dynamic hair thing.
    Jumps-In-Water - Magicka Templar
    Dar'akar - Stamina Nightblade
    Jumps-In-Lava - Magicka Dragon Knight
    PC/NA
  • Oreliane
    Oreliane
    ✭✭
    Nowadays, many games offer long hair (GW2, BDO, FF14 ...), I still hope too ...
  • ThePrinceOfBargains
    ThePrinceOfBargains
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    altemriel wrote: »

KP8Jq3S.png

yes, that would be awesome and also more hair colors (including ones like purple, green, blue, etc).
    but long hair styles would interfere with the armor models, which ZOS does not like (see capes and helmets and hats "removing" hair or ears)

so it is probably not going to happen and time soon
    Clearly they must not have too big of a problem with it, since they keep attaching those dumb crotch flaps to chest armors! Especially on the two on the Cavalier of the Sworn Oath costume, where they’re just completely unnecessary and look ridiculous.
    Edited by ThePrinceOfBargains on December 20, 2017 3:06AM
  • Mielikki
    Mielikki
    ✭✭✭
    Here! Some more screenshots, the white hair helps to see the texture better. I think it would look amazing with all of the in between shades, reds, blondes and browns. Specially my ginger bosmer!

CZUBr1I.png

il0ezij.png

• Living_Ded
    Living_Ded
    ✭✭✭
    Omg long hair, yes please!
    @LivingDed
    necro healer, warden healer, templar healer, stam/magblade
  • Mielikki
    Mielikki
    ✭✭✭
    Since we are at it I thought I'd throw in some suggestions!

Complicated animations are not needed, instead of making it completely straight like ESO tends to, give it a little wave to create the illusion of movement and stay away from the shoulders to avoid armor clipping. Many games have made it successfully, here's a quick google search:

Mira-and-Margery.jpg
    2745542-0126092464-Scree.png
    Gwyn-730x754.png
    Game-Thrones-The-Ice-Dragon_EDIIMA20151118_0277_4.jpg
    Game-of-Thrones-Review-476548-16.jpg
    9072e7866998c39ca23a73e276642075.jpg
    393d3aa354cc15d3a6b6f2da24abf76d.jpg

I specially like all the braided ones, I'd love to have more hairstyles like these, they add to the medieval fantasy feel.
    Edited by Mielikki on January 16, 2018 10:09AM
  • Bleakraven
    Bleakraven
    ✭✭✭✭
    Love the hair! YEs, we deffo need more long hairstyles. And even more hairstyles that are not just "glued" to the hair and then a ponytail or whatever sticking out. It's weird that hair looks so... "skintight".
  • TonyRockaroni
    TonyRockaroni
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What about about more long hair options for us beast races? D:
  • Mielikki
    Mielikki
    ✭✭✭
    What about about more long hair options for us beast races? D:

How about for everyone? (: Come up with suggestions, show off some inspirational images!
  • Lord_Etrigan
    Lord_Etrigan
    ✭✭✭✭
    I Needs this hairstyle by Lady Death for my char.....Pretty please (Willing to spend real money in crown store)

d310a9hpolx59w.cloudfront.net/product_photos/48505288/LD_MetallicJewel_Print_original.jpg
    PS4 EU
    Lord Etrigan (Former Emperor): PVE High Elf Sorcerer
    Nyssa al Ghul: PVP Nightblade Wood Elf (Ganker)
    Lady-Death : PVP High Elf Sorcerer (8 x Campaigns Former Empress and Grand Warlord) Retired:(
    Achmed-Silence I keel you: PVP Dark Elf Nightblade (Suicide Bomber)
    I'm with stupid: PVP Argonian Magic Temp (Group support and healer).

Guild:
    The Order of Stolas (Founder and Guild Master)

Faction: Aldmeri Dominion

Her Royal Highness Queen Ayrenn Arana wants You for Dominion.
    LONG LIVE THE QUEEN!!
  • Kiara
    Kiara
    ✭✭✭
    I need THIS hairstyle!

maxresdefault.jpg
  • Skeletalkk
    Skeletalkk
    ✭✭✭
    Since we are at it I thought I'd throw in some suggestions!

Complicated animations are not needed, instead of making it completely straight like ESO tends to, give it a little wave to create the illusion of movement and stay away from the shoulders to avoid armor clipping. Many games have made it successfully, here's a quick google search:

Mira-and-Margery.jpg
    2745542-0126092464-Scree.png
    Gwyn-730x754.png
    Game-Thrones-The-Ice-Dragon_EDIIMA20151118_0277_4.jpg
    Game-of-Thrones-Review-476548-16.jpg
    9072e7866998c39ca23a73e276642075.jpg
    393d3aa354cc15d3a6b6f2da24abf76d.jpg

I specially like all the braided ones, I'd love to have more hairstyles like these, they add to the medieval fantasy feel.

these are gorgeous! theyre all "clumped" together so it wouldnt cause any clipping issues either, as its all "one thing" the GoT ones are perfect, I do art of my characters and these are the sort of hairstyles I have on some of them.
    - PC EU -
    I JUST WANT MORE DAMN HOUSE ITEM SLOTS.
    Kireth Telvanni - Dunmer - MagSorc

The Ending of Words is AlmSiVi.

Accept Mephala's Embrace.
  • Dellarie
    Dellarie
    ✭✭
    Peebuzzle wrote: »
    Veya's hairstyle has been in the game for ages. I'm surprised we never got a chance to buy it.
    There was also a dunmer from Thieves guild with this hair long before that.
  • feyii
    feyii
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dellarie wrote: »
    Peebuzzle wrote: »
    There was also a dunmer from Thieves guild with this hair long before that.

Fa-Nuit-Hen also has this hair style, and he's there since Orsinium/Wrothgar ;)
    Edited by feyii on January 18, 2018 4:27PM
  • Mielikki
    Mielikki
    ✭✭✭
    There are so many unreleased hairstyles, I don't know why they are holding them back.
  • Oreliane
    Oreliane
    ✭✭
    Even WOW characters have long hair, look at the pretty hairstyles of the female Void Elfs !
  • Mielikki
    Mielikki
    ✭✭✭
    Right? They're getting better and better with the hairstyles, as much as I despise WoW.
  • Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    We aren't making enough noise about it! MORE LONG HAIR PLEASE!
  • Chaos2088
    Chaos2088
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    -LOUD NOISES-

Yes would have to agree, I only play Altmer (just because ok deal with it) and yes, it would be ace to have more long hair, and more elvish hair.

When Summerset drops I think that will bring a chance to introduce some of that, but agree with some of the posts above, clipping into armour is a problem, hence why it have been limited.

But there is a demand for it and people would pay crowns for it, there are examples above of in game hair that I would love on one of my toons.

Please ZoS!! :smile:
    @Chaos2088 PC EU Server | AD-PvP
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The basic choice is between helmet hair (rigged to head only) and fully rigged - using head, neck, upper spine, clavicles - even before you factor in clipping. That's likely to be an engine limitation/optimisation that's not easy to change.

NPC's can be rigged in toto, and what's hair, and what's clothing is a wash. Playable hairstyles are necessarily more constrained.

However, there's a good case for long hair options as part of costumes. I.e. a few variants of each that include the hairstyle.
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I expect it is just a matter of time until any hairstyle we see in the game also shows up for purchase...
    ...sadly, more likely then not, it will show up in a crown crate series.

But eh. If one wants something bad enough, it is an viable option.
  • LadyAstrum
    LadyAstrum
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One of my favourite hairstyles is a long plait draped over one shoulder. I'd love to see that in ESO, that and long wavy/curly hair.
    ~ "You think me brutish? How do you imagine I view you?" - Molag Bal #misunderstood ~