Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Sorcerer's pet Familiar

estrong20b14_ESO
Has this pet been nerfed much since Morrowind? Is it still worth using?
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When MW was first introduced there were some problems with all summons not healing once out of combat but that was soon remedied. The biggest change I think from before MW is that pets will automatically target anyone you heavy attack - not a nerf, just something to be aware of and use.

If you specifically mean the Volatile Familiar, I see as many as ever and it certainly seems the most popular of the sorc summons. I think this is due to its strong dps pulse.

Disclaimer: My magsorc is rather specialized to solo world bosses so she uses the Clannfear to tank and the Twilight Matriarch to heal the clannfear. That combo works wonderfully for solo play.
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • jnelson1182
    jnelson1182
    ✭✭
    is it possible to summon both at same time?
    * Maccb- Level 50 DragonKnight- Fire mage type build/ BSW body, Valkyn Skoria mister set, & Willpower Jewelry/Random Flame/Lightning/Reston STAFF's
    **MBF**
  • nihirisutou
    nihirisutou
    ✭✭✭
    is it possible to summon both at same time?

There is two pet summon skills (three if you count the Atronarch Ult) They both can be active at the same time, resulting in Clannfear/Scamp + Twilight/Daedroth(?) anyways, it costs 2 skill slots from both bars, as summons will disappear when you bar swap.
    [PS4/EU]

PSN: Nihirisutou

CP: 650+

FOR THE DOMINION!!
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes you can have the familiar (which morphs to a volatile familiar scamp or clannfear) and the winged twilight (which morphs to two differing twilights) up and active at the same time. To run both though requires, as said above, two slots on both bars.
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes the scamp is worth using 100% of the time. The twilight is not, unless you are a healer, you ought to have power surge going all the time and that will heal you more then enough even with ~40% crit.
    Edited by Lightspeedflashb14_ESO on January 15, 2018 6:24AM
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Edited by DoctorESO on July 15, 2018 5:02PM
  • jnelson1182
    jnelson1182
    ✭✭
    kk thanks, an am I correct thinking that pets are the only skill that has to be on both bars when swapping to avoid losing w/e effect/benefit may come with skill? I'm maining asking in regards to the sorcerer as well as DK class skills
    * Maccb- Level 50 DragonKnight- Fire mage type build/ BSW body, Valkyn Skoria mister set, & Willpower Jewelry/Random Flame/Lightning/Reston STAFF's
    **MBF**
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Edited by DoctorESO on July 15, 2018 5:00PM
  • jnelson1182
    jnelson1182
    ✭✭
    thanks for the info, I'm slowly learning the game, now that trial eso+ is over I'm thinking about paying for it for at least a few months its just so dam expensive lol its literally more than Xbox Live.
    **MBF**