The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Weird Problem With Master Merchant

snailbrick
snailbrick
✭✭
I have been having trouble in the last month and a half with using Master Merchant. For some reason, suddenly I started getting login errors when signing up. I can sit there and login for 30 minutes and still not get in, receiving dozens of error messages. As soon as I disable Master Merchant I'm able to log right in to the game with no trouble. I have eliminated other addons to rule out other ones causing any issues. I have also completely cleared the addon folder and fresh installed Master Merchant. However, I still have the login issues after the first login of the day and occasionally on wayshrining. If it will login on the first attempt, then it will never login later in the day. I have to restart the PC completely. I have also tried repairing the game and checking for errors. I have searched for similar threads and didn't find any. Thanks for your help.
  • Easily_Lost
    Easily_Lost
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You may want to take a screen shot or at the very least copy the error text ( ctrl-c ) and then got the ESOUI website. Go to the Master Merchant web page and leave a post there with the screen shot or the first page of errors ( ctrl-v ).
    That way the author might be able to see what the error is and hopefully fix it.

I myself have had no problems with the program.
    PC - NA - AD
    started April 2015
    PVE & Solo only

Meet the LOST family: CP 1250+
    Easily Lost Crafter - lvl 50 - Sorcerer Orc ( knows all traits and most styles )
    Easily Lost-W - lvl 50 - Warden Imperial
    Forever Lost - lvl 50 Sorcerer

CROWN CRATES: It doesn't affect gameplay, it's not mandatory, it's cosmetic only. If it helps to support the game and ZOS, I support it! Say YES to crown crates.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MM is working fine for me. It has to be a combo of addons that are causing this.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• snailbrick
    snailbrick
    ✭✭
    I wanted to report back on how I ended up fixing this problem just in case anyone else has this issue. There is a setting inside Master Merchant addon settings called "Delay Initialization" Turn this on. I know that it can be difficult to get logged in, but if you can get to the point to where you can get into addon settings, turn this setting on. I also cleared out the SavedVariables files inside the ESO live folder for Master Merchant. Hope it helps. Thanks.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    snailbrick wrote: »
    I also cleared out the SavedVariables files inside the ESO live folder for Master Merchant. Hope it helps. Thanks.

I am not sure unless you have exhausted all other troubleshooting if this is a good idea.

Not sure exactly how all this is configured but I believe this is your pricing history, which is one of the reasons why MM is so useful. Now, if you would can you tell us if you have months of history on items or just recent history. If you still have history, then it's OK.

And for sure you want to delay initialization on MM, this should be set this way stock. You also want to set the scan rate to be as long as possible between scans. Finally, in some zones, group activities and for sure Cyrodiil, you want to disable this addon. There is an addon that lets you quickly switch between addon set ups to help with this.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• sylviermoone
    sylviermoone
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    snailbrick wrote: »
    I also cleared out the SavedVariables files inside the ESO live folder for Master Merchant. Hope it helps. Thanks.

I am not sure unless you have exhausted all other troubleshooting if this is a good idea.

Not sure exactly how all this is configured but I believe this is your pricing history, which is one of the reasons why MM is so useful. Now, if you would can you tell us if you have months of history on items or just recent history. If you still have history, then it's OK.

I believe that having delay initialization on as default is something being worked on. If you absolutely can't log in and are comfortable with some minor saved Variable editing, you can find the account wide setting called "delay_init" and change the value to true. You do need to be completely out of the game to adjust saved Variable settings, though, otherwise your manual change will be overwritten.

Deleting your saved Variable files isn't necessary, unless you have corrupted data. If you changed the delay initialization setting BEFORE you wiped your saved variables, you'll need to turn that setting back on @snailbrick.
    Co-GM, Angry Unicorn Traders: PC/NA
    "Official" Master Merchant Tech Support
    and Differently Geared AF
    @sylviermoone