Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Magblade champion gear

BuyMe500Pugs_Please
I've nearly got my first magicka character to level 50, just checking if this gear is good or if you anyone would recommend something different. 5 julianos, 5 necropotence, 1 kena cp 210

Best Answer

• davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shared clothes?? I hope they wash the underoos, lol.

IMO, there’s a bit more diversity in vet magic gear because there’s not a clear meta. A lot of times it’s about bringing in what that character specifically needs for specific content. For example, in you’re focusing on pvp you will need more stamina than if you’re focusing on pve.

Julianos a a great “base set” for any magic character. I start every one of my magic toons in Julianos...many of them stick with it permanently. Some move to pvp or trial specific gear. So it’s a great choice. If you have the flexibility, consider making your weapons Julianos. You get a big boost turning weapons from purple to gold, and Julianos weapons are probably something you can use for a long time...it’ll be cheaper in the long run (plus then you don’t have to grind weapons).

Necropotence isn’t the meta, but I think it’s a good set. Here’s also where you can have some flexibility w your build. If it were me, I’d carry both a Necropotence helmet and a Valkyn head (and shoulder). Sometimes you’ll get more from the power of 5 piece necro and 1 piece Molag, then sometimes it’s fun to run Valkyn. In other words, on an 11 piece magic setup ask whether you get more out of the 5th trait of a full set or the 2nd piece in a monster helm.

All of this assumes C160 gear. If you don’t have CPs from other vet characters, just toss on some purple Julianos and build,up your CPs...you’ll be 160 in a couple of weeks and can make permanent gear then.

In short, yes, Julianos plus necro plus the shoulder will make your magblade an mag sorc pretty lethal, and will work fantastic in 97% of pve content.
    Answer ✓
  • BuyMe500Pugs_Please
    Also have a sorc that's nearly at 50 too and plan on using this for both
  • BuyMe500Pugs_Please
    lol and thank you for the response, the magblade atm has been off healing and dps in dungeons so far basically more of farming public and group dungeons for gear and gold at the moment, It's a breton primarily focused on siphoning but obviously it can't be an endgame trial healer because they seem to be templars, race change is likely I'm aware now that high elfs are better at dps. I forgot to mention yeah that it will be pve based, pvp probably not i struggled getting to rank 6 lol
  • Loc2262
    Loc2262
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Necropotence 5-piece is more for Sorcs running a pet build, or Wardens who have a pet out almost constantly. Nightblades only have the Shade, and I wouldn't recommend that for (serious) dungeon runs. :)
    Kind regards,
    Frank
    PC-EU, 12 chars, 900+CP