Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 16:
· [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Is It Too Hard, ZOS?

Ch4mpTW
Ch4mpTW
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Is it too hard to have a system where master crafters could transmute and transmog things without all the convoluted bs that follows? Is it really though?

How hard would it have been to be like, “It’s a simple system. If your character has the style material, and has the materials of which weight you’d like your gear to be? Simply go to the respective crafting station (e.g. Blacksmithing, clothing, etc.), and convert your desired item to whichever appearance you’d like.”

Would that have been too difficult, ZOS? For real though. Would that have been too hard for you all to do? I guess so being as it’s 2018, and you’re still trying to make everything unnecessarily complex and drawn out. A simple feature that is in most MMO’s since Day 1 we are now getting years later, and is a gold sink or crown sink. Come tf on.

And what’s really disturbing? What really has me thrown off a bit, is how many people are totally fine with it. It’s how many people truly don’t care that this could’ve been a much simpler and fluid thing. And aren’t bothered by ZOS going and trying to monetize yet another thing. I’m all for people being able to like what they want to like, but when will you all open your eyes and stop drinking the Kool-Aid? Damn bruh. When will some of you guys see the bigger picture?
Edited by Ch4mpTW on January 4, 2018 9:50PM
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know that it would have been harder to do it that way, but it would have been harder to monetize. Unlike the system ZOS has made which is tailor-made for the Crown Store.
  • Ch4mpTW
    Ch4mpTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LOL! They put my thread in the crafting section. Lmao. Oh wow. GG. Can’t have something like this on the main page, am I right? Smfh. I hold a L for even making this thread.
  • Jade1986
    Jade1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    [Snip]

Honestly I agree with them. The system is ALREADY in the game for imperial edition owners. Right click crafted item, convert to imperial. All they would have had to do is put THAT system in the crafting stations. DONE. But nope, we get a system that is crafted clearly for the crown store.

[Edited for quote]
    Edited by ZOS_KatP on January 4, 2018 10:08PM
  • Ch4mpTW
    Ch4mpTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jade1986 wrote: »
    [Snip]

Honestly I agree with them. The system is ALREADY in the game for imperial edition owners. Right click crafted item, convert to imperial. All they would have had to do is put THAT system in the crafting stations. DONE. But nope, we get a system that is crafted clearly for the crown store.

[Edited for quote]

That’s what I’m saying. It would’ve been dramatically easier and simpler. All this extra nonsense is completely unneeded. But of course, ZO$ has to go for the bucks by any means necessary. And people will defend these types of moves by ZOS, because the logic that follows is: “But, they are a company! They have to make money some type of way, in order to keep the game going. They need our money so that we can have a solid performing game.” Well... They’ve been getting people’s money for years across multiple platforms, and even once was subscription mandatory game. Meanwhile we’re still having: Bad lag, freezing, horrible rendering in some zones, infinite load screens, skills not properly displaying or even being performed, etc.
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It isn't surprising that people are fine with what they think it will be, I am fine with it.

We should all be happy that anything is being added to this game for cosmetic, non-gameplay, purposes. To complain about it, before even actually getting a detailed explanation of how it works, is beyond hyperbolic.

And from a simplistic approach, changing the coding for a set piece to re-code it to display an entirely different appearance comes off as far more technically complicated than just coding a costume skin to coverup the item.

Also, "bigger picture?" It is a video game. I have zero allusions to any entitlements owed by ZOS in regards to their game design. I play what they give me until I no longer wish to do so. Any bigger picture is just unrealistic expectations being projected onto the game.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jade1986 wrote: »

If the Imperial and Morag Tong converter worked on ALL gear, I'd agree with you. Both have a lot of annoying limitations, so while I'm glad they didn't continue with its flaws, I really wish they'd fix it.
  • Ch4mpTW
    Ch4mpTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jaws343 wrote: »
    It isn't surprising that people are fine with what they think it will be, I am fine with it.

We should all be happy that anything is being added to this game for cosmetic, non-gameplay, purposes. To complain about it, before even actually getting a detailed explanation of how it works, is beyond hyperbolic.

And from a simplistic approach, changing the coding for a set piece to re-code it to display an entirely different appearance comes off as far more technically complicated than just coding a costume skin to coverup the item.

Also, "bigger picture?" It is a video game. I have zero allusions to any entitlements owed by ZOS in regards to their game design. I play what they give me until I no longer wish to do so. Any bigger picture is just unrealistic expectations being projected onto the game.

Well, in that case? Continue funding ZOS, and keep being served convoluted and half-assed product(s) for your investments in them. After all, if the buyer is satisfied — who cares what someone else thinks. Right? Am I right? For me however, and the myriad of others that aren’t falling for ZOS’ nonsense anymore? We will happily take our cash and time elsewhere for the most part. I haven’t supported ZO$ with my cash for quite some time now, and from the looks of things? Won’t be doing so any time soon.

Quick question for you. Why invest in a company that doesn’t invest heavily in its players, and instead looks at thing as a nothing more than dollar signs? Why in the world would I spend my money on a game that is constantly having some **** up their sleeve, when I can invest in a game that is way more transparent? And not for nothing, treats their customers dramatically better in every way possible.

I said it before, and I’ll say it again. People need to open up their eyes, and really see that there are dramatically better games out there worthy of their time and energy. There are games with much better storytelling, more beautiful and vast landscapes, and enable you to have more control over what is going on. Games with better performance and stability, as well as better voice acting. Lol. I personally have been spending the majority of my time playing: Persona 5, Nioh, GTA 5 (Online), and a few other JRPG’s. And honestly, I am loving it. Less stress, more entertainment. Less monetizing and more transparency.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I actually pretty fine with it as well as an implementation of a transmog system.

I'm just a little annoyed that this Outfit system is as much of an obvious cash grab as the Morrowind Chapter aka "totally not a DLC so we don't have to give it to ESO+ members" was.

So its more like: "I'm not stupid, ZOS. I see what you're doing here."
  • Ch4mpTW
    Ch4mpTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I actually pretty fine with it as well as an implementation of a transmog system.

I'm just a little annoyed that this Outfit system is as much of an obvious cash grab as the Morrowind Chapter aka "totally not a DLC so we don't have to give it to ESO+ members" was.

So its more like: "I'm not stupid, ZOS. I see what you're doing here."

Lmao. Let him continue believing any and everything that ZO$ does or says. He is entitled to that. Let him continue falling for trick after trick, and believing that there is no foul play or hidden agendas at hand. I’ve heard many times of how you can lead a horse to water, but you can’t force it to drink. This certainly applies with ESO’s player base regarding a lot of things, but hey. It’s their: Cash, energy, and time after all. And if that’s all that those 3 things mean to them, then oh well. Especially when numerous people have pointed out the obvious flaws with things at hand.
  • AndyTGD
    AndyTGD
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not surprised in the least. The fact that ZOS has held back this feature for so long suggested that they were trying to construct a method of monetizing it like all other appearance alteration. I don't like this trajectory ZOS is on, but hopefully the market will correct any oversteps on their part. I'm happy that at least part of the system they've concocted is free to use, but as a crafter I was hoping they'd make a more immersive and rewarding system. Its like another missed opportunity to elevate crafting. One can hope jewellery crafting (if it ever arrives) is better handled.
  • Magdalina
    Magdalina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    *blinks* It's not even out on PTS and you ALREADY think it's too complicated? For all we know it will just involve several button clicks. Personally from what we've heard so far I think it sounds great, but I'll wait on the final judgement until it's actually out. I'm honestly confused what the issue is in this case(and that's from someone who does not like and most certainly does not defend 9/10 things Zenimax does/has done lately).
  • Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magdalina wrote: »
    *blinks* It's not even out on PTS and you ALREADY think it's too complicated? For all we know it will just involve several button clicks. Personally from what we've heard so far I think it sounds great, but I'll wait on the final judgement until it's actually out. I'm honestly confused what the issue is in this case(and that's from someone who does not like and most certainly does not defend 9/10 things Zenimax does/has done lately).

His entire existence on these forums is to cry about things.

Stormproof: Vibeke - 50 EP mDragonknight | Savi Dreloth - 50 EP Magsorc | Sadi Dreloth - 50 EP Magblade | Sigtric Stormaxe - 50 EP Stamsorc | Valora Dreloth - 50 EP Magplar | Sigtric the Unbearable 50 EP Stam Warden
    Scrub: Chews-on-Beavers - 50 EP DK Tank | Vera the Wild - 50 EP magicka Warden | Sigtric the Axe - 50 EP Dragonknight Crafter | Sigtric the Blade - 50 EP Lost Nightblade | Sigtric the Savage - 50 EP magicka Templar | Vibeka Shadowblade - 50 Ep Stealthy Ganky Nightblade |

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]
  • Magdalina
    Magdalina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Sigtric wrote: »
    Magdalina wrote: »

His entire existence on these forums is to cry about things.

At least some of his threads that I'd seen before were about legitimate issues with understandable frustration connected to them. That I can relate to. So much that in fact I'm currently taking a break from the game myself because it was more frustration than fun.

However, what I've heard so far about next patch just sounds too good to be true - including the outfit system. Maybe I'll be back to try it out :) It sounds like OP's just seeing things in negative light only based on the previous frustrating experiences.
  • monktoasty
    monktoasty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ch4mpTW wrote: »
    Is it too hard to have a system where master crafters could transmute and transmog things without all the convoluted bs that follows? Is it really though?

How hard would it have been to be like, “It’s a simple system. If your character has the style material, and has the materials of which weight you’d like your gear to be? Simply go to the respective crafting station (e.g. Blacksmithing, clothing, etc.), and convert your desired item to whichever appearance you’d like.”

Would that have been too difficult, ZOS? For real though. Would that have been too hard for you all to do? I guess so being as it’s 2018, and you’re still trying to make everything unnecessarily complex and drawn out. A simple feature that is in most MMO’s since Day 1 we are now getting years later, and is a gold sink or crown sink. Come tf on.

And what’s really disturbing? What really has me thrown off a bit, is how many people are totally fine with it. It’s how many people truly don’t care that this could’ve been a much simpler and fluid thing. And aren’t bothered by ZOS going and trying to monetize yet another thing. I’m all for people being able to like what they want to like, but when will you all open your eyes and stop drinking the Kool-Aid? Damn bruh. When will some of you guys see the bigger picture?

They can't monetize that