The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

If you could learn one secret of the Dwemer...

WhiteCoatSyndrome
WhiteCoatSyndrome
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭
...what would it be? There's an awful lot of blank space on that race.
#proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.
  • AuraNebula
    AuraNebula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm just going to state the obvious... What the hell happened to them? Did they go into the numidium after striking the heart? Did they get sent forward in time like Alduin? Or my personal favorite...Did Azura send them into another plane right before Kagrenac struck the heart? She was pretty pissed off when that old Dwemer tricked her.
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    For myself I'd like to know what tech the Nedes stole to make the constellations. Or more about the Aetherium war.

• dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    For myself I'd like to know what tech the Nedes stole to make the constellations. Or more about the Aetherium war.

Did they steal it or did they bring that knowledge with them as Wandering Ehlnofey.

I find the Clockwork City storyline actually touches on the Dwemer in an interesting way. I'm hopeful that if they reveal more about the Dwemer they keep a lot of it steeped in mystery. I don't think it is time for a big unveil of the mystery of what happened to them. If the Dwemer did return I am hopeful they'll do a good job of it in a future stand alone game.
    US/AD - Dodge Hopper - Vet Imperial Templar | US/AD - Goj-ei-Raj - Vet Argonian Nightblade
    US/AD - Arondonimo - Vet Altmer Sorcerer | US/AD - Azumarax - Vet Dunmer Dragon Knight
    US/AD - Barkan al-Sheharesh - Vet Redguard Dragon Knight | US/AD - Aelus Vortavoriil - Vet Altmer Templar
    US/AD - Shirari Qa'Dar - Vet Khajiit Nightblade | US/AD - Ndvari Mzunchvolenthumz - Vet Bosmer Nightblade
    US/EP - Yngmar - Vet Nord Dragon Knight | US/EP - Reloth Ur Fyr - Vet Dunmer Sorcerer
    US/DC - Muiredeach - Vet Breton Sorcerer | US/DC - Nachtrabe - Vet Orc Nightblade
    EU/DC - Dragol gro-Unglak - Vet Orc Dragon Knight | EU/DC - Targan al-Barkan - Vet Redguard Templar
    EU/DC - Wuthmir - Vet Nord Sorcerer | EU/DC - Kosh Ragotoro - Vet Khajiit Nightblade
    <And plenty more>
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Did they steal it or did they bring that knowledge with them as Wandering Ehlnofey.

Per Hermaeus Mora:
    "The Dwemer knew things you cannot even dream.
    Here is your reward: the Celestials are bound to this realm by their Apex stones. These stones were constructed using knowledge stolen from the Dwemer. To defeat the Celestials, you must find the stones."

• Konstant_Tel_Necris
    Konstant_Tel_Necris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How to construct base in Outer Realm that's protected from will of gods and disasters that's can wipe your race but let you survie as Yagrum Bagarn did
    http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Morrowind:Yagrum_Bagarn
    http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:The_Strange_Case_of_Ragnthar
  • resdayn00
    resdayn00
    ✭✭✭
    How to construct base in Outer Realm that's protected from will of gods and disasters that's can wipe your race but let you survie as Yagrum Bagarn did
    http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Morrowind:Yagrum_Bagarn
    http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:The_Strange_Case_of_Ragnthar

I had something similar in mind. Yagrum Bagarn survived because he was in a different dimension at the time of their disappearance, so EITHER he was is possession of something (could have been a base as you said) that overrid divine power, OR the force that made the Dwemer disappear only applied to Mundus. Ragnthar could be an answer, though there is not enough evidence yet.

I'm very interested in the hows of their disappearance. How did they exactly disappear? Were they placed into another dimension? Were they reduced to ashes (killed)? There are conflicting pieces of information. First, in Bamz-Amschend, there are numerous ash piles in places exactly where dwemer would have been (on chairs, etc), while Arniel Gane wasn't reduced to ashes in his experiment. Falion however said, that he saw the Dwemer in a plane of Oblivion.. I know, take it with a grain of salt, but still. If Yagrum survived, there is a possibility that there are still survivors elsewhere.
    PC EU - Ebonheart Pact
    Resdayn Indoril, Dunmer Magicka Nightblade - Main

Pactum Dunmeri | Ard Feainn | Aetherius Art | Kley Guild

Achievement points: 26k+
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ever wondered what happened to the ghosts of Dwemer that had died before their disappearance? If the disappearance only worked on the mundus then you would expect Dwemer ghosts to be around, perhaps even trying to solve the mystery themselves so they can finally rest.
    This Bosmer was tortured to death. There is nothing left to be done.
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Ratzkifal - there ARE Dwemer ghosts around. :) We meet one in the Tribunal expansion for ESIII while restoring Trueflame and IIRC one of the dungeons in the Morrowind Chapter has Dwemer ghosts.

• Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @WhiteCoatSyndrome I wasn't aware, but I'll definitely check those out.
    This Bosmer was tortured to death. There is nothing left to be done.
  • Darkhorse1975
    Darkhorse1975
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ...were Dwemer gals cute?

https://youtu.be/dVECLgbL5wA
    Master Craftsman!
  • Reventius
    Reventius
    ✭✭
    @Ratzkifal - there ARE Dwemer ghosts around. :) We meet one in the Tribunal expansion for ESIII while restoring Trueflame and IIRC one of the dungeons in the Morrowind Chapter has Dwemer ghosts.

Also, I seem to recall killing a lot of Dwemer Specters in TES 3.
    Edited by Reventius on November 28, 2017 12:57PM
    For The Covenant!

"I made the CV for each
    a character with a story comes to life
    without it, it is like the spoon in the cupboard"

-Azurya
  • MythicEmperor
    MythicEmperor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reventius wrote: »

Also, I seem to recall killing a lot of Dwemer Specters in TES 3.

Yeah, they were everywhere. Strange they weren't in later games.
    With cold regards,
    Mythic

Favorite Characters:
    Kilith Telvayn, Dunmer Telvanni Sorcerer (main)
    Kilith, Dunmer Magblade (old main)
    Vadusa Venim, Dunmer crafter (older main)
    Hir Hlaalu, Dunmer Warden
    Søren Icehelm, N'wah Warden
    Fargoth of Morrowind, Bosmer commoner
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    An actual accounting of every event during the Battle of Red Mountain. (the 2nd one, right?)

We already have more than enough tidbits about the Dwemer's engineering practices, but when it comes to Historical facts there's not a shred. Just knowing what exactly happened would be enough.

Hell maybe the Tribunal are to blame. Maybe they used the power from the Heart to get rid of em all.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • OtarTheMad
    OtarTheMad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I will go outside the box since a few of my secrets I'd like to know were mentioned. I would want to know why they decided to blind the Snow Elves and enslaved them versus joining up with them. Seems Dwemer and Snow Elves would have been a good team to take on the Nords but instead they burned themselves. (Dwemer were fighting not only Nords but the blinded Falmer who turned on them when they disappeared. Two wars = desperate times)
  • ChibchanLawyer
    I'd personally like to know what their views were on the Aldmeri Pantheon. Were they complete atheists? Or were they simply heretics that sought to rival the gods themselves whith their technology whilst admiting their existence.

On a less serious note, I'd love to see if they could get along with modern-day Nords and Dark Elves, and whether they would support an Invasión of the continent of Akavir. Maybe they would go and try to enslave the Akaviri themselves!
  • Vanthras79
    Vanthras79
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's hard to imagine elves crueler than the Alyieds, but then again it's the dwarfs.
    My questions would be:
    1. How/why did they split from the Aldmer?
    2. Why did they build structures mainly underground?
    3. Why settle mainly on Vardenfell?
    4. and , What does Resdayn mean?
    Norion Germain - Telvanni Wizard, Covenant Battle Mage, Mage's Guild Magister, Resident of Daggerfall Overlook, Lord of Tel Galen, Psijic Monk, Antiquarian, Breton Scholar, and Traveler.

• Mic1007
    Mic1007
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other than the obvious (where did they go?) I'd ask, "How do I control an army of robotic Centurions? :D
    @Mic1007
    Champion Rank 900+
    DC/AD/EP
    PC NA

• emilyhyoyeon
    emilyhyoyeon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'm shallow so I'd want to know what they looked like
    IGN @ emilypumpkin
    Zirasia Firemaker, imperial fire mage & sunbather _ Deebaba Soul-Weaver, argonian spirit minder & soul gem collector
    Tullanisse Starborne, altmer battlemage & ayleid researcher _ Qa'Rirra, khajiit assassin & dancer
  • Ulo
    Ulo
    ✭✭✭✭
    I really wish Skyrim had given us some answers on the Dwemer. So many questions I wouldn't even know where to start with narrowing it down to just one. I suppose I would try and ask a question to provoke as much information as possible. "What makes you better then the lesser races?" maybe?