The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Two questions about end of ESO+ trial

jokeaccount
jokeaccount
✭✭✭
(I don't know if this is the right forum for this, apologies if not)
Hi, I am trying out ESO Plus and I really enjoy it, especially the Dark Brotherhood DLC. I am thinking of buying this DLC so I still have it after the trial runs out, but I have two questions:
1. If I decide not to buy the DLC now and the trial expires, I read that everything I have related to the DLC will be wiped and it'll be like it never happened. If at some point in the future, after the trial expires, I do decide to buy the DB DLC, will I have to start over from the beginning or will I resume where I left off in the questline?
2. If I buy the DLC now, before the free trial ends, that means I own it, right? And it won't disappear when the trial expires, yes?
Edited by jokeaccount on January 11, 2018 1:02PM
  • Marabornwingrion
    Marabornwingrion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    1. Nothing will be wiped, you can resume quest.
    2. Yes
    Edited by Marabornwingrion on January 11, 2018 1:08PM
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All that happens when the trial ends is you lose access to that area. If you have a character in a DLC map they'll be moved somewhere else when you log in, and you won't be able to continue any DLC quests you were doing. But you'll keep any items or achievements you've earned and your progress in the quests will be saved.

And yes, as soon as you buy the DLC it's unlocked and permanently available to you, regardless of whether you've got the ESO+ free trial, or an active paid subscription.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Note that if you don’t want to buy DLCs, you can also get access by turning eso plus on and off. Like you could let your trial expire and you’d be locked out of doc zones, but then next month do a month subscription and they open again...then let it expire, and so forth.

This can work well for more casual players, who might come in and out of the game.
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    davey1107 wrote: »
    Note that if you don’t want to buy DLCs, you can also get access by turning eso plus on and off. Like you could let your trial expire and you’d be locked out of doc zones, but then next month do a month subscription and they open again...then let it expire, and so forth.

This can work well for more casual players, who might come in and out of the game.

That's not a bad idea for trying out the DLC, but IMO its cheaper in the long-run to just buy it. Especially for casual players who come and go.

I got the Guilds & Glory pack (Imperial City, Thieves Guild, Dark Brotherhood and Orsinium) for 5,500 crowns - or £24.99 (before they put the prices up, I got it when it first came out) and for that price I've got them all forever, meaning I can do the DLC a bit at a time whenever I feel like it. The same money would get me just under 3 months of ESO+ time.

I guess if by 'come in and out of the game' you mean play it a lot for a month or so then drop it completely for a while, then play a lot for another month subscribing when you're playing might not be a bad idea. But for someone like me who might play 2 hours 1 week, 10 hours the next week, not at all the week after, 12 hours the next week etc. and has no way to predict how much I'll be playing over the next 30 days it's pretty much throwing away money. Buying DLC and then playing it whenever I feel like works better.

(It also means I can do things like go to Wrothgar just to steal items or collect crafting materials, even when I'm not actively working on the quests.)
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"