Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Returning Player. Good PvP Magplar Build?

Ohhgrizyyy
Ohhgrizyyy
✭✭✭✭
I had quit right after Morrowind. Was frustrated of the resource changes and was tired of Viper. Finally deciding to make a return possibly and learning what's new to the game. What's a strong PvP Magplar build? For Morrowind I ran a super bursty but poor regen magplar. 5 War Maiden, 5 Rattle, 2 Skoria. DW/Resto.

Any ideas of what to run in the games current meta? I still want good burst. But better resource management. Was considering DW/SNB but wasn't sure between Heavy/Light, What sets to combine or even if the skill setup has changed much at all. Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated!
Playing on PS4 NA server and current characters are CP 750

Lvl 50 EP High Elf Magsorc PvP (outdated)
Lvl 50 EP Wood Elf Nightblade (Currently my crafter)
Lvl 50 EP High Elf Magplar PvP (outdated healbot)
Lvl 50 EP Redguard Stam DK PvE (updating)
Lvl 50 EP Dark Elf Mag DK PvP

All my builds are outdated...I quit for a year lmao

PSN ID: SDL_Griz
  • Hibiki54
    Hibiki54
    ✭✭✭
    Beamplar PvP. 5 War Maiden, 5 Soulshine, 2 Troll King. DW/Resto. Have Radiant Destruction and Shatter Soul on the DW bar
    @Hibiki54
    PC/NA
    Hibiki the White Mage - Altmer|Templar Healer (main)
    Hibiki the Warrior - Imperial|Dragonknight Tank
    Hibiki the Red Mage - Redguard|Stamina Sorceress DD
    Hibiki the Black Mage - Altmer|Magicka Pet Sorceress DD
    Hibiki the Summoner - Breton|Warden Tank
    Hibiki the Thief - Bosmer|Stamina Nightblade PvP
    Hibiki the Knight - Nord|Stamina Templar DD
    Hibiki the Dragoon - Reguard|Stamina Dragonknight DD
    Hibiki the Onion Knight - Dunmer|Sorceress Tank
    Hibiki the Holy Knight - Altmer|Magicka Templar DD
    Hibiki the Geomancer - Altmer|Dragonknight Tank
    Hibiki the Ninja - Imperial|Nightblade Tank
  • RouDeR
    RouDeR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    5 light 2 heavy build
    Impregnable + Soulshine combined with Bloodspawn or Scoria .
  • Ohhgrizyyy
    Ohhgrizyyy
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hibiki54 wrote: »
    Beamplar PvP. 5 War Maiden, 5 Soulshine, 2 Troll King. DW/Resto. Have Radiant Destruction and Shatter Soul on the DW bar

Pure cancer lmao

• Ohhgrizyyy
    Ohhgrizyyy
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tbh, I want a a bursty magplar man. Yea sure beamplar can be but that's such an aidsy way to roll. I want something that's not cancer lol. Cancer builds just get boring

• A_G_G_R_O
    A_G_G_R_O
    ✭✭✭✭
    Magplar is in a hard spot compared to one tam. They still haven’t fix the cp not scaling of all magplar abilities correctly despite many top tier raiding guilds pointing this out to ZoS. So there is that to be advised of. If you lucked out and made your magplar an Imperial or argonian just to stam.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A_G_G_R_O wrote: »
    Magplar is in a hard spot compared to one tam. They still haven’t fix the cp not scaling of all magplar abilities correctly despite many top tier raiding guilds pointing this out to ZoS. So there is that to be advised of. If you lucked out and made your magplar an Imperial or argonian just to stam.

@A_G_G_R_O is right.

Magplar just doesn't have the passives and sustain for end game PvP DPS ... except for a handful of elite players that can manage around it.

If you want to take that as a "challenge accepted", then by all means look at some of the post-Horns of the Reach meta builds that are online.

Otherwise, there are a lot of options ... including Stamplar or trying another class.

Good luck!
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I would replace Troll with Earthgore :>
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • WreckfulAbandon
    WreckfulAbandon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    5 Overwhelming Surge + 5 Wizard's Riposte + 2 Skoria if you want a bursty magplar with decent survivability.

Haven't run templar in a while but if running sweeps is still viable, this build puts out great pressure and decent burst in 1v1.

I had heard that CP's (or something) weren't working correctly with sweeps and radiant.
    PC NA

All my comments are regarding PvP
  • VirtualElizabeth
    VirtualElizabeth
    ✭✭✭✭
    What the heck is a Cancer build???? What a horrible name!
    @ElizabethInTamriel; @ElizabethInESO
    NA/PC
    Eleanour Masterham - Breton Templar
    Elise Masterham - Breton Magicka Nightblade
    Elinora Valen - Dunmer MagDK
    Elsa Masterham - Breton Mag Warden
  • alexthomp92
    alexthomp92
    ✭✭✭
    I run 5 julianos heavy 3 on body 2 swords front bar s&b back bar 5 alteration mastery hands waist and jewels with all spell damage enchants with 2 blood spawn both heavy.
    For my burst combo I drop power of the light then dark flare then ice comet then jump in with spear charge to stun just before comet hits, 9 times out of 10 it will kill my enemy if it doesn't they are afflicted with defile so they can't heal as well as they normally can at this point power of the light explodes and job is done.
    With alteration mastery and Templar passives ice comet costs 180 ultimate and with blood spawn ultimate gets generated quickly.
    I hope this helps
  • alexthomp92
    alexthomp92
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah and for sustain I use witch mothers and vampirism it gives me around 1500 regen but with 6% reduced cost from alteration mastery this is not a problem also I use channelled focus and make them fight me around it even if I only spend 3 seconds in there it restores magick every 0.5 seconds I only run out of resources after fighting for around 5-8 minutes of constant fighting
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seducer, war maiden and skoria isn’t bad. I run it in heavy. But as others have said, it’s hard to bring out enough damage to deal with really good players. But honestly it’s still fun and you can still beat most people running around cyro. I gotta say though jabs functions like *** right now and hopefully it gets fixed.
  • Hibiki54
    Hibiki54
    ✭✭✭
    Mayrael wrote: »

I would replace Troll with Earthgore :>

Earthgore is eventually going to get nerfed next patch. It's really over performing. Troll King is a solid and safe choice, but you can also use Valkyn Skoria for burst or 1 Kena/1 Domihaus for more raw damage and resources.

I wouldn't call this a cancer build. It's a solid build that is mainly offensive with healing support. Not much in defensive stats besides Soulshine being heavy armor. This isn't as cancerous as the current meta of tanky and extremely hard hitting Stam Wardens and unavoidable Mag Warden bird spam.
    @Hibiki54
    PC/NA
    Hibiki the White Mage - Altmer|Templar Healer (main)
    Hibiki the Warrior - Imperial|Dragonknight Tank
    Hibiki the Red Mage - Redguard|Stamina Sorceress DD
    Hibiki the Black Mage - Altmer|Magicka Pet Sorceress DD
    Hibiki the Summoner - Breton|Warden Tank
    Hibiki the Thief - Bosmer|Stamina Nightblade PvP
    Hibiki the Knight - Nord|Stamina Templar DD
    Hibiki the Dragoon - Reguard|Stamina Dragonknight DD
    Hibiki the Onion Knight - Dunmer|Sorceress Tank
    Hibiki the Holy Knight - Altmer|Magicka Templar DD
    Hibiki the Geomancer - Altmer|Dragonknight Tank
    Hibiki the Ninja - Imperial|Nightblade Tank