Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

High level guild gear locations

estrong20b14_ESO
I've ported around and can't find what I need. I know it's there. I'm level 50+ Sorc wanting to change back to light gear.
  • One_ofMany
    One_ofMany
    ✭✭✭
    Gear drops scale to your level so they should drop no matter where you are...
    Gear caps out at 160CP, but you need to be 160CP in order for it to drop.
  • Loc2262
    Loc2262
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What gear exactly are you looking for?
    Kind regards,
    Frank
    PC-EU, 12 chars, 900+CP
  • estrong20b14_ESO
    I leveled my sorc to 50. 160cp, with light gear and all magicka. A friend convinced me to try a stamina build with heavy armor and dps. This was some time ago and I leveled other char classes. I put all my light armor and staffs into the bank. In the process of leveling other chars, I had to remove much from my bank, and loaded some chars I was no longer using. However, I've checked them all and now can't find most of the gear I once had.

I want to return to magicka. I have a couple pieces of light armor and two staffs. So, what I'm looking for is the highest level light armor I can afford. I'm not in a guild, so I would pay someone to make me the armor. I would just need to know the cost.
  • Loc2262
    Loc2262
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CP160 is the maximum gear level, so you're already good there.

There's three "types" of gear in terms of acquisition. Crafted sets, for those you can ask in zone chat for a crafter. If you're on PC-EU, I can craft stuff for you. Second, bind-on-equip is dropped sets that can be sold. You find that in guild stores or collect them yourself in overland zones. Look around all major cities for guild traders. You don't have to be in a guild yourself to use the traders. Third, bind-on-pickup is sets that you have to collect yourself by running dungeons and trials.

If you tell me what sets you wish to use, I can tell you how to get them.

Edited by Loc2262 on January 9, 2018 9:51PM
    Kind regards,
    Frank
    PC-EU, 12 chars, 900+CP
  • estrong20b14_ESO
    Thank you for the information. I have checked several areas for guild traders and couldn't find high level gear. So I may try in chat or through friends. I'm not on the EU server. I don't know the names of sets I could use. Perhaps I will go to the Wiki.
  • Kwik1
    Kwik1
    ✭✭✭✭
    I will be on the PC-NA server tonight...feel free to leave a msg for me here or look for my toon Kwikblast or Quikblast tonight from around 8pm PST til late or will be on tomorrow. I can make almost everything just let me know
  • estrong20b14_ESO
    Thank you, Kwik1, I will try to send you a message. I'm looking for light armor, a set that gives me extra magicka, and magicka recovery. I will need to know the cost, to be sure I have it.
  • Kwik1
    Kwik1
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you want a 160 set the worst part is the double mats.

If you look up crafted sets for eso and look up the julianos set or magnus set and see if one of those might be to your liking or anything else just tell me and I will let you know if I can make. Also what trait do you want on each piece. Remember I can make 5 pieces for a full set and people usually want julianos for a caster and then 3 pieces including staves from another set. Also look at styles...any normal style I can cover easy but anything special can get more difficult. I know a lot of people like ancient elf style which I can do just have to make sure I got plenty of style mats.
  • estrong20b14_ESO
    I don't know about styles. Julianos armor is fine, 5 light pieces. Two pieces will be heavy, for health stats. Can you make them divines? I want added magicka and magicka recovery, if possible. I don't know about jewelry, yet. I do have some. But I can't remember what it is. If I can start with the armor, then I can think about what else I need. I also have staffs and can't remember those, either.

I'm completely redoing my character, abilities and skills. It's been awhile since having my sorc a mage, so that's why I don't remember.
  • Kwik1
    Kwik1
    ✭✭✭✭
    So most people go 5 light and 1 med and 1 heavy so they can get the skill from the undaunted line. I think I can do Divine on all of them but will have to check when I get home.

What I basically need to know is the following:

1) Style - if not sure google eso styles

2)What pieces do you want to be light/med/heavy - I think most people want the chest to be heavy

3)Divine for every piece should be easy

4)I can make runes for either extra magicka or magicka recovery but not both I don't think.

5)I can make staves also just tell me if you want them and what set for them and again what style and if you want ice/lightning/fire or 1 of each or whatever...not many use ice.

6)What pieces do you want to be Julianos and what do you want the other 2 pices to be?

It takes something like a thousand ancestral cloth I think to make a whole set of CP160 light gear but will get exact numbers tonight. I will be home in about 3 hours

Look this stuff up and decide =)
  • estrong20b14_ESO
    1. Style, I really don't like most of them. But if you can, Breton for female. I can dye what I choose.
    2. 5 light and 2 heavy, whichever mix will give me the most magicka and magicka recovery. Health too if feasible.
    3. Divine
    4. I don't need runes if the armor has stats I want.
    5. I don't think I need a staff.
    6. Julianos is fine for all armor, unless the two heavy would give me more health if something else.
    7. I don't know what a thousand ancestral cloth would mean, unless you mean cost, and I don't know that either. ;) I would like some idea, though, what the cost will be. Thanks.
  • Kwik1
    Kwik1
    ✭✭✭✭
    1) Breton is easy
    2)5light and 2 heavy is easy but you need to tell me specifically which pieces you want what...I don't like choosing for other people builds lol
    3)Divine should be fine
    4)Runes will give addition magicka or health
    5)No staff is fine
    6)5 is all you need for a set...the other 2 pieces you can pick another set that will give health...look up eso craftable set pieces and look at the set types
    7) Ancestral Cloth is the mat used to make the light pieces and Rubecite is for the heavy. I will need to be home to see how many you need for each exactly
  • estrong20b14_ESO
    Btw, my sorc name is Haven Alure. I may not be on her. I may be on my DragonKnight, Valiene.
  • estrong20b14_ESO
    I'm having crashing problems again, so I may be offline at times.

The waist and helm can be heavy armor. Rubecite is fine.

Runes, if can be added, magicka or magicka or health recovery.

I'm not hard to please, you probably know better than I do what would work best for me. I just want an outfit I can work with. I'm mostly solo, and no PvP.
  • kringled_1
    kringled_1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Health/magicka (and stamina) recovery enchants are jewelry enchants only, fyi. So they'd have to go on whatever jewelry you were using.
  • Kwik1
    Kwik1
    ✭✭✭✭
    Didnt see you in game but you will need the following:

680 Ancestor Silk

260 Rubedite Ingots

The rest I think I have
  • estrong20b14_ESO
    Ok, where do I find those? I will be in game again Thurs. Thanks.
  • Kwik1
    Kwik1
    ✭✭✭✭
    You can buy from guild stores...not sure what the going rate is currently
  • Loc2262
    Loc2262
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The places I usually go to for high level gear guild traders are Belkarth (Craglorn), Rawl'kha (Reaper's March), Mournhold (Deshaan), Elden Root (Grahtwood) and Orsinium (Wrothgar).
    Kind regards,
    Frank
    PC-EU, 12 chars, 900+CP
  • estrong20b14_ESO
    Kwik1, I won't be needing the armor after all. I've changed my mind about the switch. Thank you for the offer.