Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Assistance please

Il1fayted
Il1fayted
Soul Shriven
Good morning all,

I am a new player to eso - I have years of experience in other mmo's I’m currently about a week in and I am currently playing an altmer magicka warden build. I have checked out deltias guides and he has given it a somewhat lacklustre review.
I have read a few forums posts & on reddit and find older posts again stating how lacklustre the warden as a class is.

I completely get the ethos of playing what you enjoy, but I enjoy being a useful in endgame and as such I’d rather pick and play a class that is somewhat competitive (I’m not too bothered about a FOTM class) Other class suggestions if this is sub-par will be appreciated.

I guess I am asking in the current version of the game is a magden fun to play. I will be predominately playing pvp with occasional pve as and when.

On the back of this what kind of set up should I be running? The guides I see say I should have training gear and I am unsure where to find this?
Also an idea of ability bar progression would be great! Alot of deltias guides have a levelling ability bar progression except this one.

I know it’s a lot of questions but I enjoy getting the most out of what I play and I’d hate the idea of being weeks down the line and having to scrap what I’ve done because its crap.

Cheers for any advice you guys can provide.

-Il1fayted [PS4 - EU]
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Training gear is usually crafted, so you need to find a guild, this is the best way to find advises and crafts

Then you can follow alcast or deltias build for PVE

PVP is mainly about survival and moment finding, you will need survival skill, control and single target DPS

• Loc2262
    Loc2262
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Too many questions to answer here extensively. ;)

(Magicka) Warden indeed is the weakest class for PvE DPS currently. They make good healers and tanks though, and are great for PvP, since they have a broad range of abilities. They have stuff to do damage, heal, and tank, but aren't specialized like other classes.

In addition to what's "best in slot", personal preference and playstyle also plays a role. I personally like Magicka Nightblade a a lot for magicka DPS, and for Stamina actually Nightblade, Sorc, Templar and Warden are good. Warden does less DPS than the others, but they have great heals and other utility. Stam Warden is in a much better position than magicka warden for DPS and solo.

If you're still leveling up and want to speed that up, training gear is a good choice. Just don't make your CP160 gold endgame gear in Training. :) If you're ready for CP160 gear, make multiple gearsets, one for actual damage in Divines trait, and additionally a CP150 gearset in Training and purple.

The only dropped set with training trait is "Armor of the Trainee" found in the beginner zones. Otherwise you craft yourself / have such gear crafted by friends/guildies or from other players.
    Kind regards,
    Frank
    PC-EU, 12 chars, 900+CP