The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

ESO+ only dyeing? I hope not!

coop500
coop500
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
I wish the peeps will confirm this or not, but will we be required to have ESO+ to dye the costumes we make in the upcoming Update 17? I hope not... that would really defeat the purpose of it.

I already paid a month of ESO+ a while back to just dye my current costumes, i didn't mind it then but if it will all be wasted with these new costumes because I can't dye these, it wouldn't be very fair.

I understand ESO+ people need a reason, but don't take dying away from us, give them a extra slot or something, not dying.
Edited by coop500 on January 9, 2018 4:06PM
Wishing for Lilmothiit race still! Or maybe Lilmothiit companion?
  • Didgerion
    Didgerion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think you will not be able to dye created costumes at all.

You'll have to dye each armor piece and re-create the costume.

So yeah non +members would be able to dye costumes just not directly.

My guess only

Cheers
    Edited by Didgerion on January 5, 2018 6:09PM
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We'll be able to find out all the details of outfits once the patch is on the PTS. I'm not sure when exactly that will be, but the update is due in February so it should be very soon.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wouldn’t hold out hope that they suddenly reverse course and have dyes open to everyone instead of just ESO+ for the costume templates.

We’ll find out for sure on Monday when PTS drops.

Remember that you can purchase dye sets in the Crown Store if you don’t have ESO+.
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Remember that you can purchase dye sets in the Crown Store if you don’t have ESO+.

Those are next to useless though because you can't customise them at all. You can only use the dyes shown in the set, and only in the order they're shown. It's better than nothing, but not by much. Not enough to justify the price IMO.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • Orticia
    Orticia
    ✭✭✭✭
    They are labeled outfits not costumes. So I think it would be dyable for everyone all the time (at an outfit station possibly for a fee). If not the whole outfit system would be close to useless for everyone save ESO+-people. As it all would end up looking terrible and mismatched with colors all over the place....so why use it at all?
    Edited by Orticia on January 5, 2018 6:39PM
  • Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We'll have to test on Monday but yeah, some dev reassurance on this point would be spectacular. It looked like it was just the normal dye setup for outfits but the screen was kind of blurry so I can't truly confirm. D: You make outfits at what used to be a dye station and is now an "outfit station" or something like that, so it would stand to reason it's dyeable in the normal fashion.
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
    Grand High Illustrious Mid-Tier PvP/PvE Bussmunster
  • coop500
    coop500
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I like how a moderator moved this thread but did not answer...

C'mon guys.
  • Glurin
    Glurin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Orticia wrote: »
    They are labeled outfits not costumes. So I think it would be dyable for everyone all the time (at an outfit station possibly for a fee). If not the whole outfit system would be close to useless for everyone save ESO+-people. As it all would end up looking terrible and mismatched with colors all over the place....so why use it at all?

Pretty much this.
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster...when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..."
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    coop500 wrote: »
    I like how a moderator moved this thread but did not answer...

C'mon guys.

We won’t know the answer till Monday, @coop500 ... when the PTS patch drops.
  • coop500
    coop500
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Glurin wrote: »

Pretty much this.

I hope you're right, because this is my biggest fear right now about this Outfit System
  • KanedaSyndrome
    KanedaSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭

But if that's the case, then the value of being able to dye costumes drops heavily for ESO+ members.
    KanedaSyndrome's Suggestions For Game Improvements
    The Fortuitous Collapse of the Wave Equation
    The Best Plans Require No Action
  • Orticia
    Orticia
    ✭✭✭✭

But if that's the case, then the value of being able to dye costumes drops heavily for ESO+ members.

Why?... you can still only dye costumes as ESO+. Nothing changes there. We are talking outfits here. Something new for both ESO+ and non subscribers.
    Edited by Orticia on January 7, 2018 3:39PM
  • Donari
    Donari
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yikes, from the title I thought this was about ESO+ ending. I think you meant "dyeing" :)

It will be very interesting to see tomorrow how this all works. Hopefully some non-Plus people will hop onto PTS bright and early to check it out and share the results. Given that Tuesday starts the free trial of Plus, that could interfere (unless the PTS won't notice that someone technically has Plus at the moment) so Monday info will be the most reliable.
  • Personofsecrets
    Personofsecrets
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Honestly, subscribing to the game shouldn't entail a bunch of extra bonuses for subscribers.

The game should be subscribed to based on it's merits alone rather than several absolutely exasperating quality of life issues that exist if one doesn't pay their $15.
    Don't tank

"In future content we will probably adjust this model somewhat (The BOP model). It's definitely nice to be able to find a cool item that you don't need and trade it to someone who can't wait to get their hands on it." - Wrobel
  • Magdalina
    Magdalina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Honestly, subscribing to the game shouldn't entail a bunch of extra bonuses for subscribers.

The game should be subscribed to based on it's merits alone rather than several absolutely exasperating quality of life issues that exist if one doesn't pay their $15.

To be fair, no one would sub then. Why pay for something you can perfectly get for free?

Imho fluff such as costume dyeing(don't yet know about outfits) is a good thing to put into sub perks, now craft bag...ah yes, craft bag makes me very, very sad, as well as the extra bank slots.
    Edited by Magdalina on January 9, 2018 2:55PM
  • Radiance
    Radiance
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My guess is that they made dyeing part of the Base Game patch that is why they also now charge for Dying as well as Outfit Style Changes on PTS... They expect to make money on additional Outfit slots and Cash based Outfit change Currency.
  • Juju_beans
    Juju_beans
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If subscribing was optional, as it is now, but with no extra perks who would subscribe ?
    And how long do you think this game would last or how much content would be in the future ?

You have the best of both worlds here in ESO..subscribing gives some nice QOL perks and not p2w perks.

Those of us that subscribe do so by choice and those perks are greatly appreciated.