The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

How do I restart a Quest? (normal) pc-N/A

chaz
chaz
✭✭✭✭
Hello and good day all.

So, as much as I love the whole mmo and helping people or getting help, I personally found some quest that I like to really just do solo. For several reasons, a few being the story or just testing my characters damage dealing abilities.

Once I'm half way through a quest, if i reach the final boss if said quest and want to do this solo but battle started already because someone was hiding in the dark waiting for a higher level to come in and kill it, how can I restart this quest to come back at a later time to attempt it solo?

It's a legit question and we all know there will be many trolls to come in and say "Well this is an MMO" and I don't really care about that. There are people out there that rather play this solo, and then there are some that don't. I like you or anyone can make that choice because we're free to do so.

So I'm not sure but, before I turn in a quest, can I abandon it and restart it by trying to find the original quest giver? Can anyone confirm.

Also, what if I did turn it in and I'm not satisfied in how it played out and want to run the same quest again on the same toon? I remember there we're developer codes we could use in Skyrim to reset a completed quest to run it again if we chose to. Do we have this option with ESO, if not will there be options in the near future?

Thank you for reading and providing an answer.
Those in power only have the illusion they are powerful, however in reality, those in power are only so because we allow them to be.

ESO Beta Test Ultimate Question for control!
Lord Dagon's Mythic Dawn Guild is now recruiting. Dailies, trials, Raids, Fun, Discord (required for staying on Crown), guild bank and so much more. Msg me or mail me in game @Chaz for invite. **See Link Here** ElderScrollsOnlineYouTube

ElderScrollsOnline Purchase History April 17, 2017 through May 30th 2022 (Crowns,Upgrades, ESO Plus) = $5,610.38
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You need to abandon the quest in your journal before you turn it in, then go back to the quest giver and get it again.

If a quest has multiple stages (as in, at some points you turn a stage in and get a reward), you will be able to pick it up from the last stage you finished.

If killing the boss completed the quest with no need to turn it in, you are out of luck, that can't be redone. There are very few quests like that though.

You can't do a quest again after turning it in, unfortunately.
    Edited by Abeille on January 7, 2018 6:43PM
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
    Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
    Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
  • Tryxus
    Tryxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can press X on the quest in your Quest Journal to abandon it. And then find the original quest giver to attempt it again
    Edited by Tryxus on January 7, 2018 6:43PM
    "The Oak's Promise: stand strong, stay true, and shelter all"
    Tryxus of the Undying Song - Warden - PC/EU/DC
  • Ermiq
    Ermiq
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Funny thing.
    I read your post and I remember a thread where the guy was trying to defeat bosses solo with no armour/weapon equipped, barehanded. And he was complaining about other players constantly screwing up his long hard trial. It makes me smile because I imagine that scene again. :smile:
    One of the two of us definitely has gone mad. It only remains to define whether this one is the whole world or just me.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

Sick&tired of being kicked off from your house when you complete a dungeon? ComingBackHome addon is what you need!
    Me is russian little bad in english :b
  • chaz
    chaz
    ✭✭✭✭
    LOL, thanks everyone. That is helpful.

Those in power only have the illusion they are powerful, however in reality, those in power are only so because we allow them to be.

ESO Beta Test Ultimate Question for control!
    Lord Dagon's Mythic Dawn Guild is now recruiting. Dailies, trials, Raids, Fun, Discord (required for staying on Crown), guild bank and so much more. Msg me or mail me in game @Chaz for invite. **See Link Here** ElderScrollsOnlineYouTube

ElderScrollsOnline Purchase History April 17, 2017 through May 30th 2022 (Crowns,Upgrades, ESO Plus) = $5,610.38