The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

First Home

boombazookajd
boombazookajd
✭✭✭✭✭
Looking at Twin Arches, Sleek Creek, and Ravenhurst. Each home has some pretty good pro's...I like the open courtyard/raised home of Sleek Creek but the house itself is rather small. Twin Arches is a good balance of courtyard and interior space, Ravenhurst is a bit small outside.

I think Sleek Creek is the best placed of the group, being near Rawl'kha and all of the essential services. As far as price goes, nothing beats Twin Arches.

Ideally I'd like something worth dipping my foot into having a home and decorating, also something that could serve as a good small guild hall as well.
Drathus Delenu- Dunmer magDk: Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer, Stormproof, Peak Scaler, Clockwork Confounder, Orderly, Master Wizard, Cloudrest Hero, Undaunted, Dragonstar Arena Champion
Thoronir Rolston- Breton petsorc: Stormproof
Zaakazha-Redguard stamblade: Boethia's Scythe, Clockwork Confounder, Maelstrom Arena Champion, Dragonstar Arena Champion

Scrubs:
Justinius Maximus Decimus- Altmer magblade
Agronak gro'Mashul- Orc DK Tank
Valerya Hawkcroft- Breton healer
Zaaka- Imperial stamDK/crafter

✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Keep in mind that with Twin Arches you can't build anything on the roof because of an invisible wall. You'll also only have 100 item slots compared to 200 with Ravenhurst or Sleek Creek.

Since you want to use this as a guild hall, it might be worth comparing the number of guests you can have in the building at once. I can't find a chart with guest limits, but I think larger homes let you have more visitors at a time.
  • boombazookajd
    boombazookajd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good thinking. I forgot about those two concepts. Thanks Varanis!
    Drathus Delenu- Dunmer magDk: Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer, Stormproof, Peak Scaler, Clockwork Confounder, Orderly, Master Wizard, Cloudrest Hero, Undaunted, Dragonstar Arena Champion
    Zaakazha-Redguard stamblade: Boethia's Scythe, Clockwork Confounder, Maelstrom Arena Champion, Dragonstar Arena Champion

Scrubs:

✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    considering the visitor amount thing will probably take the redguard house out of the equation, I would probably go with the breton one. Ravenhurst outdoors is pretty spacious even compared to Sleek Creek. Ravenhurst indoors bottom floor is more spacious than Sleek Creek's, and Sleek doesn't have a second floor.
    IIRC it's possible to construct a second floor in Sleek Creek with plank platforms, but the second floor would be tight, no jumping for instance, and the ceiling decoration of the khajiit houses would block from making the second floor go over the whole interior. At least Ravenhurst is closer to the wayshrine of its town than Sleek Creek is to the Rawlkha wayshrine, so Ravenhurst's kinda remote location won't be a big problem.
    Zirasia Firemaker, imperial fire mage & sunbather _ Deebaba Soul-Weaver, argonian spirit minder & soul gem collector
    Tullanisse Starborne, altmer battlemage noble & ayleid researcher _ Qa'Rirra, khajiit assassin & dancer
  • boombazookajd
    boombazookajd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got Twin Arches last night. I liked the courtyard and the house size, Sleek Creek just let me down a bit in room size. Also I realized that my personal guild is still a little ways off and I don't need a small guild hall right now. This way I can start figuring out furnishings and such.

This may also sound silly but I didn't like Rivenspire and in Reaper's March everything tries to kill you. I didn't like the feng shui of those two areas. Plus, I spent 45 minutes clearing Hallin's Stand I figured I might as well move in, lest those Imperials come back! :D
    Edited by boombazookajd on January 8, 2018 5:43PM

Scrubs:

✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All of the above is good advice. That said, I love my Twin Arches and often use it for small scale RP.
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!