Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

PvP Magic NB advice

hesobad
hesobad
✭✭✭✭
So I'm looking to make improvements to my build. I'm currently a Dark Elf, vampire mag nb running:
Apprentice mundus
5 light 2 heavy
2 pc valkyn skoria
5 pc torugs pack
3 pc willpower
Fire staff with infused and shock enchant
Resto staff with infused magic steal enchant
I'm using a health, magic and immovable pot
Witch mothers potent brew
All magic enchants with 1 prismatic, 3 spell power enchants on jewelry. All armor pieces impenetrable
Unbuffes stats rounded:
2200 spell power
34k max magic
24k max health
13k mac stamp
1600 magic recovery
700 stamp recovery
20k physical res
15k spell res
9.5k spell penetration
2100 critical resistance
Skills:
Fire staff- merciless resolve, swallow soul, inner light, flame reach, crippling grasp. Soul harvest
Resto- dark cloak, healing ward, degeneration, efficient purge, fear, soul tether

I'm getting decent damage and reasonable survivability. I switched my mundus stone from mag recovery to more spell power. I'm debating on taking off willpower and valkyn skoria for a 5 pc amberplasm. Any suggestions or tips are appreciated.

Btw didn't mention champ points, I like the set up I have.
Ad Victoriam!
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your build looks pretty good. Any comments I have is oretty minor stuff, but if you’re looking for little,tips you may have overlooked:

- if you’ve worked up your undaunted, a piece of medium might be better than the second piece of heavy. It’d be worth ~800 more magic, which is probably more useful.

- if anything, your max magic looks slightly low. My mb is closer to 40k. I don’t think you’re suffering because of it, but if there was one stat to focus on you might be able to grab a little more from that one. Undaunted is a potential 2200 max magic for you...it’s a long grind, but I’m guessing that’s the first place to look.

- front bar Meta is nirnhoned...or sharp or precise. People say infused procs even when only on your back bar. Even if you didn’t use infused at all on a back bar, I think the other traits beat it.

- I’m not entirely certain about this, but wouldn’t a fire enchant beat a shock enchant for you? I’m thinking about the Dunmer passives Plus fire damage in general.

- I think you’re right that amberplasm would output more damage than Torugs.

- if it doesn’t screw up your preferred rotation, I’d swap cloak and crippling grasp. This puts a shadow skill on each bar (with fear on the back), which allows you to keep the shadow passives up. I also find cloak to be an offensive skill for magblades, so I front bar it. I use it to sneak behind players for the opening attack, and during longer fights I use it to confuse and annoy while keeping my resistances up.

- inner light feels like the weak link on your bars. I get it...it’s not a bad choice. But that’s the slot I’d think about if you need to bring in other benefits. Harness magic would be the first thing I’d think about. If you move cloak up there, maybe I’d consider concealed weapon because the stealth mobility is so devastating and useful.

- have you worked Legerdemain up to 16? If not, we’re talking a 2 hr investment to reduce sneak cost by 40%...big payoff for a magblade. Every once in a while do a run to the Daggerfall ships and steal everything to fence. You’ll get to leg 16 in a dozen or so Sessions.

It’s a good build...those are all little things that can help you squeeze a bit more power out of it.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How are you hitting 20k physical resist in 5 light? I’m wearing 1 pc pirate skeleton and only have 17k. Have you put a ton of cp points into it?