Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Well in Hunding's Palatial Hall

AefionBloodclaw
AefionBloodclaw
✭✭✭✭
Does anyone know where it is? I've just bought this house and its freacking amazing, but I just noticed on the loading screen it says there's a well and I don't remember seeing one...
'For love, for friendship and for valour, I stand with the Aldmeri Dominion.'

Zephyrle Starbreeze, Bosmer Nightblade
Aefion Bloodclaw, Bosmer Sorcerer
  • TonyRockaroni
    TonyRockaroni
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's also an oven on the loading screen, and that isn't even in the game. :/
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    IRL if you bored a well there it will quickly fill with salt water. Stros M'kai is very low lying and apparently devoid of running water. The only practical solution would be to have a rain catcher there, not a well ;)
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • AefionBloodclaw
    AefionBloodclaw
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think they [snip] up on that description then, if there's no well and shouldn't be, and you can't even get that oven...

[Edited to remove profanity]
    Edited by ZOS_KatP on January 31, 2018 2:11PM

• davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Next to the tower, the rock wall and pool? That’s what a pre-industrial desert well looks like. The description also,says pool, and means the breakwater below the back wall to the left of the beach.

There are several classic wells in the game. Two Redguard that I know of, which will match the home. Then there’s also a well you can buy from the achievement furnisher in hews bane.

Have fun! That was my first home and is still one of the best in the game. I love it. I build a ship off my beach out of Breton furniture. It’s about...hmm...thirty feet long and has fore and aft rooms, as well as a deck.
  • Catsmoke14
    Catsmoke14
    ✭✭✭
    Just because it's fun:

"Beach sand will not filter salt from the water but many ocean shorelines have fresh water aquifers beneath them. Where soils are permeable and aquifers slope to the ocean this fresh water may extend far offshore.

Where landowners adopt the onsite retention techniques strongly recommended by USA gencies (sic), aquifers can be refilled to push salt water out from beneath the land. Where politicians reject this rainwater management mode, as here in San Diego County and most of Southern California, the "zero runoff" design mandated by State law is not in use so salt water has encroached under beaches and estuaries.

Wells and reservoirs commonly run dry in the summer and during droughts like the present one, even though County rainfall is 22 times household usage.

Small islands can have plentiful fresh wellwater if they have adequate rainfall, permeable soil and wise land managers."

Reference https://www.physicsforums.com/threads/geology-salt-water-sand.738368/

Also, as on Martha's Vineyard, islands well off-shore develop a "lens" of rainwater floating on the seawater below.
    Edited by Catsmoke14 on January 6, 2018 2:46PM
  • AefionBloodclaw
    AefionBloodclaw
    ✭✭✭✭
    davey1107 wrote: »
    I build a ship off my beach out of Breton furniture. It’s about...hmm...thirty feet long and has fore and aft rooms, as well as a deck.

You can't post pictures can you? I was gonna ask you to send a photo, that'd be awesome to see lol

• AefionBloodclaw
    AefionBloodclaw
    ✭✭✭✭
    Next to the tower, the rock wall and pool? That’s what a pre-industrial desert well looks like. The description also,says pool, and means the breakwater below the back wall to the left of the beach.

K I'm confused, there's nothing in between the tower, pool and rock wall except a bit of sand and grass? Where the water comes in a bit from the sea?

• davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What you are calling a pool is the well...the big circle of stone filled with water. That’s what a medieval well looks like.

You also get the swimming area next to the beach...where you can jump off the wall into the water. That’s what they’re calling the pool.

If you want a well like a 18th century fairy tale well...with the bucket and rope and gabled roof...those you have to craft or buy.
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

There are several classic wells in the game. Two Redguard that I know of, which will match the home. Then there’s also a well you can buy from the achievement furnisher in hews bane.

All's well that adds well.
  • itscompton
    itscompton
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does anyone know where it is? I've just bought this house and its freacking amazing, but I just noticed on the loading screen it says there's a well and I don't remember seeing one...
    You're not alone in being confused by the tooltip, I spent at least an hour looking for a well when I first got this house.
  • AefionBloodclaw
    AefionBloodclaw
    ✭✭✭✭

All's well that adds well.

You didn't... XD

• AefionBloodclaw
    AefionBloodclaw
    ✭✭✭✭

If you want a well like a 18th century fairy tale well...with the bucket and rope and gabled roof...those you have to craft or buy.

Well, I think we'll probably be using the well as the pool XD and not sure about the gabled roof thing but I just thought a hole in the ground with a lid like in other Elder Scrolls games would've been the well lol

• AefionBloodclaw
    AefionBloodclaw
    ✭✭✭✭
    There's also an oven on the loading screen, and that isn't even in the game. :/

Ummmm lol

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/347860/redguard-oven-clay