The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

CP BGs

anathosdm
anathosdm
✭✭✭
There were definetly less ppl in BGs when CP weren t allowed. Moreover the matchs have been usually more interesting with CP since many great players who weren t playing without CP came after the CP were added.
I hear a lot about the imbalance of CP etc... but I do believe that CP actually allow the less skilled players to be a bit more competitive ( even when they have only 450-500 CP ). In no CP bad players just die in 2 hits by the "good players " who are usually the ones at CP cap anyway. I am pretty sad ZOS ll turn BGs to no CP again because a minority ( I believe it is a minority since BGs are more crowded now, but I can be wrong ) is complaining on the forum.

That s only my opinion and I ll keep playing BGs after next update since I love them and since I usually play in no CP campaign. Time to sharp my stamblade :D
  • Mojomonkeyman
    Mojomonkeyman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @ZOS_GinaBruno,

Thanks for giving us an update and continueing to work on updates on BGs. I have a few questions regarding the backswap to no-CP and more:

CP vs. noCP:

- Will this be the final decision which mode BGs will be played on in future?
    - What data (raw participation numbers, balance, inclusion/accessibility) did you base your decision on and further, were all platforms being monitored and taken into consideration equally before making your decision?

REQUEST: It would be highly appreciated if you guys could provide some insight into your decision making process backed up by graphs for participation over a certain timeframe directly comparing noCP vs CP (no absolute numbers, just relative to each other) for all platforms individually?

A few more questions:

Bugfixing:

- There is still some serious exploitable bugs in BGs that have been reported since BG introduction (especially plagueing relic/ball pickup based modes). I wont go into detail but I'm sure you will remember taking down certain threads reporting the bugs to not promote those exploits. Yet we are still waiting for you to actually fix those bugs. Will you invest ressources into bugfixing?

Gametype rotation:

- I personally track my BG data via the "PvP meter" addon, I would be very happy to provide this data to you to prove my point or alternatively I'm asking you to track my ingame records via dev tools to verify my input. My current summary from the past 3-4 weeks looks roughly like this:

~210 games played total:

29 Deathmatch
    42 Chaosball
    47 Crazy Kind
    43 Domination
    49 CTR

I highly enjoy ESO combat, I am loving Deathmatch. I also love if theres others modes coming up to mix it up. But in the end I am queuing for Deathmatch or modes that promote fighting each other. It is highly frustrating to have entire days leave me without ever getting into a Deathmatch but getting modes I despise (CTR and Crazy King) coming up back to back.

Currently I don't even have a 20% chance of getting the mode I want to play, which leaves a very bad taste in my mouth and makes me right now seríously reconsider playing BGs (and ESO) at all.

REQUEST: Would it be possible to at least discuss and hopefully implement a fair spread of categories (33% Deathmatch mode, 33% Flag mode, 33% Relic modes) OR gametype category specific queues resulting in natural selection of popular and non-popular modes?

Best regards
    Koma Grey, Chocolate Thunder, Little Mojo, Dagoth Mojo & Mojomancy
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im so happy BG are no CP again !

I find no CP playstyle much more suitable for BG (quick and dynamic).

I find this opinion quite common the guild mates that do not read the forum as well. Dont think this is forum complain related but probably based on actual BG situation.