The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

PvP account bound.

Lordballak69
Lordballak69
✭✭✭
Can we please go back to 1 alliance per account per campaign. Seeing the same players you were just fighting with now on a different faction just because that faction is "winning" is past annoying. I understand you think numbers will drop. Who cares, only the die hard pvpers are here anyway. If you want to use a different alliance in your campaign, pay to remove the other and wait 24 hrs. It used to be 100% better when it was this way. The campaign I play in goes like this. Everyone on blue, get emp. Everyone to red, get emp, yellows turn. For those of us that only play one alliance it sucks. Just wait your colors turn to kill scuba or get outnumbered 20-1.
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Faction loyalty is extinct . People need to be able to switch sides to help low pop factions remain competitive . Without those brave players fighting outnumbered some factions would always lose .
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You think it would be better with one alliance per campaign? I main mostly DC toons but if it ever becomes one alliance per campaign, I'll just roll with my EP toons and abandon my DC's. It's too tiresome fighting the zerg all the time. If you can't beat em, join em. Sure many people will stick with their current main alliance but those that swap around now will certainly stick with whichever one suits their goals if this switch comes into play and I'd suspect that for many of the more casual pvp players that will be the most populated faction so they can keep from being run over by superior numbers constantly. Due to this, you take a massive population disparity and widen the gap while locking it into place. That doesn't sound overly healthy to me... unless you're on the overpopulated side and love 2+ hour queues.
    Edited by redspecter23 on December 26, 2017 5:56PM
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One alliance/campaign would be more healthy. One/account doesn´t make sense......
  • Lordballak69
    Lordballak69
    ✭✭✭
    That's my problem. For 2\3s the time my "only" faction is so horribly outnumbered I am almost forced to go pve, eww. When its like this I typically just get on my nb and gank. Finding that lonely 1 or 2 man group is really hard though. It used to be my suggestion, and yes some days if others in my faction were not on it was really outnumbered, but I knew why. Not just, oh its not said colors turn yet today to over populate.
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's my problem. For 2\3s the time my "only" faction is so horribly outnumbered I am almost forced to go pve, eww. When its like this I typically just get on my nb and gank. Finding that lonely 1 or 2 man group is really hard though. It used to be my suggestion, and yes some days if others in my faction were not on it was really outnumbered, but I knew why. Not just, oh its not said colors turn yet today to over populate.

When my faction is outnumbered, I typically run with 3 - 6 guildmates. We run behind enemy lines and cap resources and keeps until the zerg eventually catches up to us or goes to sleep. Unfortunately, if you're looking for actual pvp encounters, this won't get you there. It will get you AP though. The only way to fight a zerg with a low man group is to just avoid them. Know where they are on the map and be in any other location than that spot. If 4 six man groups split up and took 4 keeps at the same time, the 24 man zerg might have to actually split up a bit to cover more of the map. This never actually happens though. Low man uncoordinated groups and solo puglets all swarm to the big fight and get rolled over by zergs, tower farmers, treehuggers and rock shufflers.
    Edited by redspecter23 on December 26, 2017 6:10PM
  • Anrose
    Anrose
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The search function works, you know. We don’t need more threads about this.
  • Bhaal5
    Bhaal5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Remove campaigns and factiins altogether
    -Factions are used as a starting point only
    -all pvp matches are 1 week and cp allowed
    -introduce pvp servers. Which your account is bound 2
    -have 9/12/15 servers to allow for a tourment style systems.
    Your server wins, you verse someone different, you lose, you move down.

Pvp problem solved even the lag issue might be as well and pvp would have some sort of meaning and excitement
  • imredneckson
    imredneckson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like to join another faction to fight with my buddies after a guild raid beside if they did go back I'd hop onto another account like I did when it was only one faction per campaign.
    Legions of Mordor Guild Officer
    Member of the GvG Community

Dunmer NB - Merser Frey (DC)
    Dunmer DK - Akaviri Battlereeve (DC)- http://orig05.deviantart.net/7ecd/f/2016/013/b/f/you_***_kill_by_eso_picture-d9nrz0q.png
    Imperial Templar - Knight of the Blood Oath (DC)-
    http://orig00.deviantart.net/5ba3/f/2016/115/a/0/jesus_beam_ftw____by_eso_picture-da09ecj.png
    High Elf Templar - Aurí-El (AD)
    High Elf Templar - Teutonic Honor Guard (EP)
  • Aztlan
    Aztlan
    ✭✭✭✭
    One alliance per campaign. I agree 100%. Population imbalance should be handled by ZOS. For example, if any one alliance reaches a 10% population advantage, players of that alliance should not be able to enter Cyrodiil.

Alliance loyalty would grow if this were implemented. And we'd get rid of the Tokyo Rose zone chat pests.
    Edited by Aztlan on December 26, 2017 11:21PM
  • Lordballak69
    Lordballak69
    ✭✭✭
    Anrose wrote: »

Until this is fixed new posts should be daily. The way it is now is completely broken. Just another huge exploit. Farm ap by outnumbering both of the other teams constantly. Thank god you can't buy\sell anything of gold value with ap. Oh wait, thousands of items are bought\sold like this.
  • Rainraven
    Rainraven
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Half the time my "only" faction is crushing the map and I can join/trail the zerg or group with a couple others and get flattened by the one large group from another faction that sure as hell can't take down our zerg. At this point I think the people who have options to play two or three factions are the smart ones. :#
  • Raudgrani
    Raudgrani
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes. We really need this. Anything else is complete madness. Some people will yell and cry about "I want to be able to switch alliance, for GAME BALANCE!" and what not. Yes, they might be honest. Still, this is not how most people do it. On Xbox EU, we usually have this nasty "green pact" thing going on. I.e. AD and DC cooperating to keep EP down. Not maybe so much that actual faction loyal DC and AD people really cooperate that much, but more like when the yellow part of the server is full, you literally see usual yellow players on blue characters, just to be able of fighting the EP with as high numbers as possible.

I mean, there's no denying it. I've actually been dead, watching blues wait for yellow friends to arrive, to capture keeps etc. It's ridiculous. Snatching scrolls on red characters, and running it to their yellow friends. It's stupid. Just stupid.
  • Raudgrani
    Raudgrani
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like to join another faction to fight with my buddies after a guild raid beside if they did go back I'd hop onto another account like I did when it was only one faction per campaign.

Too bad. You can't have everything in this world. Youth of today is just "I want..." all the time. I mean, sure if people didn't exploit this thing so badly, it wouldn't matter. But as it is, it doesn't work. You would need to get another account to do that. Because this really messes up the entire game, and I see people leave PVP all the time because of this. Running against 3 yellow and at least 1 blue bar, with to red bars online. It's just crap.
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Many of you guys are proposing strategies that would imbalance the servers, not balance them.

Locking accounts to particular realms would imbalance them, because the time needed to rebalance the server once they become unbalanced would be extremely long since people couldn’t switch.

Here’s how DAoC fixed it. And just FYI, ESO’s AvA system is a direct and intentional duplicate (and directed by the same guy) as DAoC’s RvR system. Combat is different, but the AvA system is the same, even down to each keep having three towers.

Step one: make it easy to switch a character’s alliance. Maybe once per week or something like that.
    Step two: give an AP incentive to play on an underpopulated alliance. For example, +10% AP for a one bar deficit, +25% AP for a two bar deficit.
    Step three: adjust AP incentive’s values until the alliances balance themselves.

It has worked before and it will work again.
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• Slick_007
    Slick_007
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Until this is fixed new posts should be daily. The way it is now is completely broken. Just another huge exploit. Farm ap by outnumbering both of the other teams constantly. Thank god you can't buy\sell anything of gold value with ap. Oh wait, thousands of items are bought\sold like this.

faction unlocking isnt the problem. its people like the ones above who wont pvp unless their faction has the highest numbers.
    i want to play whichever toon i feel like playing at the time, and if i want to pvp, i will pvp. You will not stop me.
  • imredneckson
    imredneckson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Raudgrani wrote: »

Too bad. You can't have everything in this world. Youth of today is just "I want..." all the time. I mean, sure if people didn't exploit this thing so badly, it wouldn't matter. But as it is, it doesn't work. You would need to get another account to do that. Because this really messes up the entire game, and I see people leave PVP all the time because of this. Running against 3 yellow and at least 1 blue bar, with to red bars online. It's just crap.

Wow, someone doesn't agree with you and you immediately go to discrimination and insults. You are the one who started an I want thread not me. I see PvP pop locked every day on Vivec and have high pop on other campaigns. The ESO PvP population isn't dying and is still going pretty strong. I am sorry you have these problems on your campaign but there are more to pick from and if that still doesn't work join up with the NA PC server. Ill even make you gear, food, exp pots, etc. to get your character leveled up. There are also a large number of faction only PvP guilds here to pick from.

Dunmer DK - Akaviri Battlereeve (DC)- http://orig05.deviantart.net/7ecd/f/2016/013/b/f/you_***_kill_by_eso_picture-d9nrz0q.png
    http://orig00.deviantart.net/5ba3/f/2016/115/a/0/jesus_beam_ftw____by_eso_picture-da09ecj.png
  • Lord_Etrigan
    Lord_Etrigan
    ✭✭✭✭
    I only play AD and when I walk into Cyro and see Smurf or Tomatoes dominating map I smile, think AP and go into strategy mode.

“If you are weak make the enemy think you are strong”.

On more than one occasion have a small group of AD dethroned and turned a zerg enemy map into pretty yellow.
    You however don’t bail on your faction and join the enemy when the going gets tough.

That my friend is a Big NO…NO! And not worthy of the AD banner.
    PS4 EU
    Lord Etrigan (Former Emperor): PVE High Elf Sorcerer
    Nyssa al Ghul: PVP Nightblade Wood Elf (Ganker)
    Lady-Death : PVP High Elf Sorcerer (8 x Campaigns Former Empress and Grand Warlord) Retired:(
    Achmed-Silence I keel you: PVP Dark Elf Nightblade (Suicide Bomber)
    I'm with stupid: PVP Argonian Magic Temp (Group support and healer).

Guild:
    The Order of Stolas (Founder and Guild Master)

Faction: Aldmeri Dominion

Her Royal Highness Queen Ayrenn Arana wants You for Dominion.
    LONG LIVE THE QUEEN!!
  • chris211
    chris211
    ✭✭✭✭
    Raudgrani wrote: »
    Yes. We really need this. Anything else is complete madness. Some people will yell and cry about "I want to be able to switch alliance, for GAME BALANCE!" and what not. Yes, they might be honest. Still, this is not how most people do it. On Xbox EU, we usually have this nasty "green pact" thing going on. I.e. AD and DC cooperating to keep EP down. Not maybe so much that actual faction loyal DC and AD people really cooperate that much, but more like when the yellow part of the server is full, you literally see usual yellow players on blue characters, just to be able of fighting the EP with as high numbers as possible.

I mean, there's no denying it. I've actually been dead, watching blues wait for yellow friends to arrive, to capture keeps etc. It's ridiculous. Snatching scrolls on red characters, and running it to their yellow friends. It's stupid. Just stupid.

huh it seems like the hatred for ep is on all platforms that happens on pc/na vivec as well
  • Sheezabeast
    Sheezabeast
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't you get AP for killing the faction hoppers? Isn't it kind of a win-win, in a way?
    Grand Master Crafter, Beta baby who grew with the game. PC/NA. @Sheezabeast if you have crafting needs!
  • lordhakai
    lordhakai
    ✭✭✭
    I would love the change back to one alliance per camp. I am AD supporter myself and only play ad toons in pvp.
  • Undefwun
    Undefwun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Returning player here. When I left it was 1 faction per campaign per account.

Is it simply having an alt from a diff faction?
    Drank Sinatra Sr - PvP Magblade - DC
    Juggathot - PvP Mag Sorc - DC
    Jedi Mind Crits - PvP A-Hole Bowblade - DC
    Dollar Store Thor - PvP Stamplar - DC
    The Bone Sumpremacy - baby Stamcro - DC
    Wârden Freeman - PvP Stamden - DC (on hold)
    Lauryn Heal - PvE Magplar DPS - DC

Lil Orc Chop - PvP Stam Sorc - EP
    Hamuel L Jackson - PvE DPS & PvP Stam DK - EP
    Chandler Bling - PvP Magden - EP

Mahalia Lightborn - exiled crafting toon - cos you know, she's AD
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Faction loyalty is extinct . People need to be able to switch sides to help low pop factions remain competitive . Without those brave players fighting outnumbered some factions would always lose .

I always see this reason why faction swapping should be fine. I've yet to actually ever see these brave souls though. I see a lot of opportunist swapping to the winning side, however.
    Not that I'm advocating faction locks. It's the least of my concerns, and I'd rather see faction loyalty incentives.
  • Dredlord
    Dredlord
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh but we might...
  • Bhaal5
    Bhaal5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Remove factions altogether, replace with accound locked servers, limit server population to have so form of competition. And all turn to weekly match ups. Nice and simple

To see it in action, google "wvw rankings gw2" and top links will show current live matchups.
  • imredneckson
    imredneckson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Undefwun wrote: »
    Returning player here. When I left it was 1 faction per campaign per account.

Is it simply having an alt from a diff faction?

WB to ESO! You can now have as many character from different alliances on one campaign as you want. Some people don't like it due saying it kills faction loyalty, allows spies to hop into their zone chats easier, and allows players to swap to a winning team if the faction they're on is losing. Not going to sugar coat it, some players do that but not to the extent some think. I'm one of the players who likes it like how it is because I fight with my friends on DC and EP and when I'm not doing that I'm on AD.

• Bam_Bam
    Bam_Bam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lock factions and award more ap for low population and increase food and potion durations also. increase the health and damage of low pop NPCs. and make them healable :expressionless:
    Joined January 2014
    PC EU - PvE & BGs & PvP (Vivec)
    Grand Master Crafter

#DiscordHypeSquad

Stream
    Lims Kragm'a
    Bam Bam Bara