Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Where to Start?

Azarul
Azarul
✭✭✭✭
Played the first year on PC and then quit. Picked up Morrowind on Xbox One on sale over Christmas and I guess the game now starts in Morrowind? Is this the best place to start a new character or is there a way for me to travel to the original game or does it not matter one bit now?
  • FakeFox
    FakeFox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You can start wherever you want, doesn't really matter.
    EU/PC (GER) - Healermain since 2014 - 50305 Achievement Points - Youtube (PvE Healing Guides, Builds & Gameplay)
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I recently spun up a couple of toons on Xbox NA (been EU since launch) and went through this same thing to see the game from a fresh players eyes..

I did the Intro in Morrowimd but to be honnest it didn't feel like it fit quite right. So i posted straight to my alliance first town (which now takes you thru the wailing prison then to the starter island)

I'm EP loyal and love bleakrock, and alliance quest line. So for me.it's more enjoyable

However of you don't care about the story mode it matters not! Just play as you want! Personally to level a toon fast ish i don't grind. I do the main quest line and alliance quests for skill points, then clear a zone of dolmens, Delves, group event public dungeons, skyshards and lorebooks. It's good XP etc.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FakeFox wrote: »
    You can start wherever you want, doesn't really matter.

^This.^

It’s open world, so start wherever you want to.

Way back in Beta, I wanted to see the Alik’r Desert first. I had heard a lot about it in Elder Scrolls lore ... but it had not been in a prior Elder Scrolls game that I had played.
  • Loc2262
    Loc2262
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Morrowind quest line is completely separate from the main and faction quests, so you can really do it anytime you want. I suppose Zenimax now has new characters start in Morrowind to somewhat push the new stuff there. :)

As soon as you travel to the first city of your alliance, the main quest will begin when you're visited by the "hooded figure". That will start off the Coldharbour bit which previously was the introductory quest.
    Kind regards,
    Frank
    PC-EU, 12 chars, 900+CP
  • Azarul
    Azarul
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks everyone.