The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Shadow Court [Coldharbour Spoiler]

RaddlemanNumber7
RaddlemanNumber7
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭
I've just done the Cliffs of Failure quest in Coldharbour again. I went with High Kinlady Estre this time. I notice that she is aided by a Shadow Court jester.

I can't find anything else in ESO that refers to a "Shadow Court".

Does anyone else know anything about the Shadow Court in ESO? Or, is this simply a reference to that other game series which definitely does have a Shadow Court?

PC EU
  • elias.stormneb18_ESO
    I’d assume it has something to do with Estre calling herself the ”Veiled Queen”. A Queen needs a court (even if she’s just a pretender), and what would be a better name for this secret, mysterious court than the Shadow Court?
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only Shadow Court that I know of is in Fable II. As far as I can tell, there's no other reference to any Shadow Court anywhere else in Elder Scrolls. If it was supposed to be a name for Estre's followers I would have thought we would have heard more about it when on Auridon.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I did the final assault in Coldharbour today with the same character. Estre turned up to help. She said she can't wait to get back to Auridon, making it sound as if her escape from Coldharbour was already assured. Again she offered the aid of the Shadow Court.
    So, I suppose it's possible that we may be seeing Estre again soon in the hinted Sommerset chapter. We know that Estre has a habit of selling her soul to any Deadric Prince who will offer her an advantage. We have been told that Mephala is also to be involved in the upcoming chapter. Mephala is described as "Queen of the Eight Shadows of Murder" in the tome "Rumors of the Spiral Skein". So, maybe this reference to a Shadow Court is a hint at an Estre/Mephala alliance that has long been planned for the Sommerset release.

Sounds better than an entire chapter fighting the veiled heritance all over again.

But, of course, I may be entirely wrong. We'll just have to wait and see.
    PC EU
  • Vuldovahkriid
    Vuldovahkriid
    ✭✭✭
    Valtyr Stormblade- Nord DK CP810

Vulsahvith- Argonian NB CP810

Illidan Highborn- High Elf Sorc CP810

Thrall Durotar- Orc WD CP810

Mythos Varedis- Wood Elf TP CP810

Ra'zaq- Khajit NB CP810

Aelya Proudmoore- Breton Sorc CP810

Broxigar Saurfang- Orc DK CP810

Lady Sylvannas Windrunner- Dark Elf NB CP810

Lord Anduin Wyrnn- Breton TP CP810
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did the final assault in Coldharbour today with the same character. Estre turned up to help. She said she can't wait to get back to Auridon, making it sound as if her escape from Coldharbour was already assured. Again she offered the aid of the Shadow Court.
    So, I suppose it's possible that we may be seeing Estre again soon in the hinted Sommerset chapter. We know that Estre has a habit of selling her soul to any Deadric Prince who will offer her an advantage. We have been told that Mephala is also to be involved in the upcoming chapter. Mephala is described as "Queen of the Eight Shadows of Murder" in the tome "Rumors of the Spiral Skein". So, maybe this reference to a Shadow Court is a hint at an Estre/Mephala alliance that has long been planned for the Sommerset release.

Sounds better than an entire chapter fighting the veiled heritance all over again.

But, of course, I may be entirely wrong. We'll just have to wait and see.
    Heh that does sound pretty good; it would be very interesting if she turned up again. Shadows in general are usually Nocturnal's thing though (but that doesn't preclude your theory, since Nocturnal is also involved in ongoing events).
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp