Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Are monster helms now available in normal mode

aaron_campion
aaron_campion
✭✭✭
I read on a post from reddit saying that veteran gurantees a drop but nomal has a %chance to drop one. I havent played the game in a while and havent been keeping up with patch notes. Is this true or is it a troll
  • beetleklee
    beetleklee
    ✭✭✭✭
    Monster helms are vet only. I think there was a time where they dropped on normal, but it was a bug. That was before I started playing, though.
    PC NA
    CP 690

EP Dunmer MagDK Level 50, Stormproof
    EP Dunmer MagSorc Level 50, Stormproof
    EP Argonian DK Tank Level 50, Boethiah's Scythe
    EP Breton Templar Healer Level 50
    EP Khajiit StamDK Level 50, Stormproof
    EP Dunmer Magblade Level 50, Assistant Alienist
    EP Argonian Stamden Level 50, Lady of Misrule (pvp)
    EP Dunmer Stamblade Level 50
    DC Redguard Stamplar
    AD Altmer Magwarden Healer

vMA, vDSA, vSO HM, vHRC HM, vAA, vAS+1, vMoL
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It used to be like that a looooooong time ago. How old was that reddit post?

They now only drop from veteran ...
    smile.gif
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While you can’t obtain helms in non-vet, you can obtain non-vet monster shoulders in a couple of ways:

1. Doing pledges and earning keys after you receive the undaunted enclave invite at level 45.

2. Using up keys saved from the 10 million stories event rewards.

Have a pic of my level 36 Magicka Sorc wearing Chudan shoulders after using keys (see below).

32o6HXb.jpg
  • QuebraRegra
    QuebraRegra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    you can buy the helm in Cyrodil right?
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Sometimes.

The Golden Vendor appears in Cyrodiil on the weekends and offers a random selection of either 2 Monster Helms in Infused and Impenetrable OR 2 Monster Shoulders in infused and impenetrable or gold (infused trait) and AP (impen trait). This is in addition to either golden necklaces or golden rings (2 Bind on Pickup dungeon sets and 2 Bind on Equip overland sets).

The selection is random, so it might take a while for your desired helm to appear. I waited like half a year for Valkyn Skoria, but got Troll King like a week after I decided I wanted it. RNG, gotta love it.
    Blog that keeps track of the Golden Vendor offerings: http://benevolentbowd.ca/tag/alliance-vendor/
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The helms available at Adhazabi Aba-Daro the Golden are CP160 only ...
  • Loc2262
    Loc2262
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While you can’t obtain helms in non-vet, you can obtain non-vet monster shoulders in a couple of ways:

1. Doing pledges and earning keys after you receive the undaunted enclave invite at level 45.

You can do that, but using monster sets before reaching CP160 is IMO a waste of keys. Attribute scaling will do much more to your stats than the additional DPS of a monster set at low levels. ;)
    Kind regards,
    Frank
    PC-EU, 12 chars, 900+CP