The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

PVP Mag Sorc gear help!

Actually_Goku
Actually_Goku
✭✭✭✭
Hey guys,

I've just started toying around with a Mag Sorc in PVP again lately - atm I'm running Twice-Born w/Aprrentice and Thief mundus, and and Destruction Mastery set. Atm I'm sitting at 39k Magicka, 1900 recovery buffed, but my spell damage is a bit lacking still, at only 2.9k.

Would I be better off ditching TBS for Julianos with no thief stone, or, as I've been leaning towards, Destro Mastery for something like Spinner's (Spinner's got nerfed, didn't it? What's BIS now?)

I've grown fond of the extra stam and health from TBS so I'm thinking more along the lines of ditching DM as the extra 2.5k magicka isn't really a make or break in PVP imo, as my recovery is high anyway.

Any help is much appreciated.
Edited by Actually_Goku on December 30, 2017 2:57PM
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TBS seems less prevalent in the builds I’m seeing. Alcast moved to shacklebreaker on his magsorc a while back, and I can see the logic of that decision. The 5th trait adding 2000 magic and 2000 stam is really powerful, especially with the sorc’s dark conversion. He moved from destruction mastery to wizard’s riposte thismlast update.

I’ve helped several friends make magic builds recently, and honestly the magic sets feel a bit “meh”. Nothing stands out as dramatically better than others and it doesn’t feel like there’s the diversity of choices you have with stam sets. It sort of boils down to looking at the options and figuring out what bestmworks with your play style. A sorc is strong in any magic set...if you slam through resources and use conversion a lot, shacklebreaker makes sense. If you play in larger groups and don’t run low, maybe more offensive power.
  • Actually_Goku
    Actually_Goku
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, good post man, I agree with the fact we haven't got a great diversity of magicka sets in comparison to Stam ones. None of them, as you said, seem too meta. I wish they'd make craftable jewellery already, so then I could have TBS & Julianos!